Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clicking of heels

Clicking of heels

I had to go out today to run some errands, there is nothing like the sound of clicking heels on the concrete sidewalk and inside the mall while walking along.
    I don't know about the rest of you but I just love the sound. I was wearing a pair of ankle booties

Platinum Member
    Totally agree heels can be a head turner. The noise can be deafening, especially if the mall is not crowded. Nobody to deaden the noise. I like to take evening strolls. I found concrete sidewalks are brutal on heels. In the area I like to walk the street is lined with single family houses. In the cool of the night anyone can hear me walking. I prefer to not attract attention, and, to save my heels. I found a nice comfortable wedge with a two inch rise that has deadening material on the sole. Quiet. Quiet, I like.

If you live in the upstairs apartment with wooden floors the downstairs neighbors may think you have a lot of female friends over. A peril of heels on wooden and tile floors.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 01-12-2019 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Heel clicks are a head turner but I try to tone them down due to the attention I get.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The Sound Can be Fun--- but can draw unwanted attn depending on time and venue. Have several prs that can be loud----but prefer to wear my quieter ones. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

When I hear the clicking of heels, i always look around for the source. i must admit, it is so fun to hear my own heels sounds, but i don't go out anymore.

For me, I am a quiet reserved person. When going to work or shopping in heels, I am paranoid about the sound of them so I have gotten shorter heeled booties that are quiet that I wear more now.
    It is why my wife was initially shocked I would even go out dressed because she didn't think I could handle the attention.

Liz
    I too very much enjoy the sounds of me heels on concrete. The sound is very distinctive

Yes that was an unexpected bonus when I got my first pair last month

I prefer the sound of hills on a bare wooden floor. I have NEVER heard my own heels. I try to walk toes to the pavement first and barely let the heels touch. It shortens thee stride. When in HS on the track team they issued us running shoes without heels. (I learned later that those are sprinter shoes.) I was a miler those shoes taught us to run on the balls of our feet with little heel contact.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 01-11-2019 at 09:55 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Silver Member
    I think I posted this story a few years back. Anyway I needed to pick up some medical papers from my doctors office. I wanted to go somewhere else and wanted to wear fem clothes to it. Anyway I walked into the clinic office which was very full. I'm wearing a silk blouse, women's jeans and boots. As I walked in and left the entry carpet you could hear the heals on my boots throughout. I walked over to the receptionist she asked what I was there for and asked me to sign a paper. As I bent over my blouse which was a loose shirt type fell away from my body and gave her an easy view of my white lace bra. As I stand up she has this smile of I know your secret. I turn and walk out with my heels clicking to my stride.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The heel click thing never did anything for me.

Sometime ago I was taking my wife to a hospital appointment, as we walked from the car park so a woman wearing heels passed us by and her heels where clicking.
    My wife looked round at my feet to see what shoes I was wearing and that it was not me making the noise, I said no it's not me clicking, although I would liked it to have been.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

To me if the heels click it means your walking wrong or are in a hurry and taking strides that force you to jam those heel tips into the pavement. so doing will wear out that little bit of plastic or rubber quicker. Shoes with real rubber heels should not click.
    Ladies check the condition of your heal tips. I had one pair of green Sling backs where the tips and come completely off. I don't know how many hours I had worn those heels without the tips. I think the 3/4" spaces between the boards of my deck took them off. It is hard to wear stiletto heels on that deck, you have to make sure your heels comes down on boards and not gaps.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 01-12-2019 at 05:40 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

When I hear the distinctive sound of heels clicking of the floor I look to see and like to check the lady out. Unfortunately most women no longer wear heels.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    I probially shouldn't say this BUT when you hear clicking heels there is a very good chance panties and bra are a little higher up regardless who is wearing them.

Aspiring Member
    Yes! I love the sound. I always always look to see who is making "that noise" and what they are wearing and their look. As for wearing out heels on rough surfaces well a few years back I was searching on line for replacement heel tips for a couple of pairs of shoes I have with worn out heels and found some. I didn't get to order them before the computer blew up and after getting it fixed or another, (don't remember which) I never got back and ordered them. I still have those shoes waiting for heels. Point is they weren't hard to find at that time. And with a pair of pliers they pull right out and you can insert new ones. Just check measurements when ordering. Sherrii

More proof that crossdressers go out in public for attention
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Sherrii I did buy a pack of 50 of assorted sizes. I also bought a pack of 1.5 to 2.o "D" heels just in case. Guess I am a "Cheapper the dozen" type of Person.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 01-12-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

I Love the sound of heels clicking. I remember several years ago when I was going to a group meeting, I was wearing boots with a chunky heel and the sound they were making on the tile floor. I know I turn my head when ever it's heard. Hugs Faith

Aspiring Member
    Leslie,
    That's interesting that you found a package deal, probably a lot less expensive too. Good for you! Sherrii

I still remember the first time as a teenager, stepping out of a car to go into a dance club in Chicago. The sound of my heels clicking on the sidewalk and that memory has always stayed with me after all these years!

Aspiring Member
    Lux, Were you "dressing" as a teen? When did you start, how did you handle it as a teen probably living at home? Sherrii

Joann, I totally agree. I love the sound.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sherrii, in high school I started to dress in my room when my family was asleep. Later on, since we lived in a ranch home I could just slide out my window and walk around the block late at night learning to walk in heels. Then it evolved. It’s incredible I didn’t get caught but I would sneak into the basement, get dressed and then sneak out of the house and go driving. My parents often still joke that I would sometimes sleep until 11am-noon on a Saturday morning. Little did they know. Back then being high school skinny, I could go to any nightclub and thankfully never got into any real trouble. But I’ll never forget that first time. Please pm me if you have more questions.

Aspiring Member
    Missjoann49 - I love that sound. My ears will zero right in on who is making the noise and my eyes will begin to search. I quickly look at the heels and then see who is wearing them. This past business trip, I made the decision I would wear my 3" thick heel booties on the trip. I loved the sound m booties made as I walked from the parking garage to the terminal to the gate. I had the whole walkway area to myself so no one else was there to enjoy the sound of my heels. I can't wait for my next business trip when I want to do it all over again, except with a pair of 4" booties. It was the longest walking in heels I have ever done in public. And it was great!