Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clicking of heels

You said it sister. I love the sound of heels especially if they’re mine.

I too am addicted to that sound. It goes back to the 50's and 60's for me when we wore cleats or heel taps on our shoes and boots. This thread caused me to remember and play The Statler Brothers "Do You Remember These?" which has a line about loud heel taps. I haven't seen or heard anyone wearing them on their shoes in years. I don't even know if shoe repair shops even have them. I do enjoy my Long Tall Sally Chelsea boots which have very hard heels which make a great sound especially on wood floors. Maybe I'll see if metal heel taps can be put on if they wear down.

I love the sound too. I have my share of stiletto heels but usually wear flats to pass.

Reality Check
    I remember in High School it was fashionable for boys to wear "taps" (metal plates) on their shoes. Everybody had them and the noise in the hall was deafening. Then the school outlawed them.

I seldom wear heels and never when out. It's more likely that I will pass in flats.
    Krisi

absolutly - hearing my heels clisk is a turn on for me as well.

Was just Out a bit in my 2' Blk Pumps for a trip to the dumpsters. Heels sounded Grrrrrrreat on the concrete! Looking fwd to see how they do on the tile floors in the Mall later on. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

I love the sound of clicking heels, but at the wrong time, they can be deafeningly loud.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

It is a wonderful sound isn't it Joann? I love the sound of my heels clicking as I walk in the early mornings. The flower print high heel open toe sandals are a pair that my wife picked out for my cutting last weekend, but I opted to wear something else as I really didn't feel they were right because of their colors. They were supposed to be paired with a light lavender sleeveless jumpsuit an I felt even though they "popped" as my wife said they were just too different for me to be comfortable It is so quiet and I can hear it echoing off of the houses as I walk down the block with my puppy. It snowed the other day and I left my heel imprints in the snow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maria in heels; 01-20-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria in heels View Post
    It is a wonderful sound isn't it Joann? I love the sound of my heels clicking as I walk in the early mornings. It is so quiet and I can hear it echoing off of the houses as I walk down the block with my puppy. It snowed the other day and I left my heel imprints in the snow
    Yes Maria it is a great sound

I love the sound too. But sometimes, while walking outside in the middle of the night, I'm kind of scared of it too, because I announce myself to everyone nearby.