Thread: So this i how people are supposed to feel...

So this i how people are supposed to feel...

Friends,

I transitioned publicly last Monday - at work, in the world 24-7 (I had been stealthily part time depending on location.)

It is hard to describe how great I feel, how people tell me how happy I seem. My gender therapist told me I wouldn't believe how good it would feel....but as a lifelong (former!) depressive, I have never understood that this is how non-depressed people feel normally. (I know there's a little euphoria going on with me right now, but generally I think I'm right about this.)

I could go on and on in detail, but I just wanted to make one point, for people on the fence, struggling, wondering whether it's worth it. OMG! YES! YES! YES! Don't be afraid. You won't believe the new you!

Elizabethamy

Yes!!! There's nothing more to say, you crossed the Rubicon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Congratulations!

Congrats on your public transition! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I agree, congratulations!
    Crissy

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    That's great news and I'm so very pleased at both your acceptance by others and the joy you can finally embrace.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Elizabethamy,
    I'm so happy that you're so happy.
    Keep smiling.
    -Peace
    -Gracie

Good for you, Elizabethamy! You have taken the step that many of us are aspiring towards. Keep us informed about your adventures.

Elizabethamy, I wish you all the happiness in the world!

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Yes, I was a lifelong depressive too. And I didn’t even realize it until my transition. My sister told me that she just assumed I was a sad person all my life, but didn’t know why, nor mention it to me. She says I’m a totally different person than who I used to be before transition.

The window blinds are now open for you, finally. Welcome to the real world.

Thats so wonderful to hear and I am so happy for you. And yes, while there may be a little euphoria going on, as you suggest, trust me it will not go away anytime soon. I have lived for almost a year and a half now as Sara and to this day there are moments when I catch myself thinking that "wow I cannot believe how happy I am now" how much brighter the world has become for me. I honestly don't think that I will ever sink again to the level that was my normal prior to my transition.
    Anyways, I am just really happy for you. All the best as you continue your journey.

Those are great news! I didn't know all I was loosing before transition. Unfortunately for many is hard to give e the steps and reading on the mtf of this web section I see so many potential happy people are struggling as I and many as you were.
    How can we help them.
    One thing that wife found and told me is for many years I use to wake up in the middle of the night and be awake without sleeping, just insomnia. Some time I thought it was God talking to me. That passed but I still o sleeping a whole night
    I tried many things, one of them alcohol
    I could sleep like a baby when Duran but soon o could wake up again with a more clear mind but tired.
    It was just after I began HRT those pro lem dissapear. There's real happiness and peace in my life.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Congratulations! It is a wonderful thing to walk out into the sunlight as the women we are 8))
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day