Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you Love your name?

Of course! Rebecca is an adaptation of my male name and it rolls off the tongue. Plus it's adaptible. Can be regal casual even bitchy depending on the situation.

I considered finding a female name that started with the same initial as my male name, but didn't come up with anything that I liked.
    I then found Grace by changing a few letters in my male name.
    It reminded me of Gracie Allen (George Burns's wife for those of you who are too young to remember).
    I always liked her wit, so Gracie it is.
    The more I think about it, the more I like it.
    -Gracie

I do love my name (Michelle that is; not Biancabellelover).

Michelle is loosely based on my male name, which doesn’t really have a direct female equivalent.

Michelle

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    My fem self sort of resembles a certain woman I admire, and the first three letters of our names are the same---so I went with Marina.

Yes I love my name, I was supposed to have been a girl and Kimberly Jean is the name my mother picked out for me.

I was looking for a female name that had no obvious male equivalent, but would still be a reasonably close variation of my legal name. My given middle name is "Dane," so I just added the "i."

My femme middle name is Victora (not "Victoria"), which is a tribute to my two grandfathers, whose first names were Victor and Ora. A few people know this and call me "Vicky," but I use Diane more often and whenever I have to sign something.

- Diane

Mine is just the feminized version of my male name, so it feels natural.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Westin is from a prepubescent heartthrob who leaned through an open front door in an opened robe to reveal her beautiful generous attributes.
    Carla is just a nod to Charles. I do love both of my male and female names.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Yeah I do love my name is preferable to some of my earlier efforts.I get a wee warm feeling when I hear my name being called out.When thinking of what to call myself I wanted something feminine and imo classy which couldn't be shortened especially to male sounding.Funnily enough a lot of my friends call me Soph now. And I actually quite like it now

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 01-13-2019 at 07:30 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    Well Roberta is and feminine of Robert my given name and (speaking of labels...) back when I joined this forum it was common courtesy to add the cd, ts, gg, designation suffix to your nickname on all the other forums so I used the same here.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-13-2019 at 07:52 PM.

I chose my name after carefully considering about three or four different choices. I will never change it.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Another Diane here. I have had that name since 1989 (previously it was Julie) I felt it was a little more in keeping with my style, plus I knew a Diane and was very fond of her. It is nothing like my male name.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

It's kind of funny how I picked Lynnstar for my female name. When I started on this site, I had been looking at Western outlaws on the internet and noticed a female outlaw named Bell Star. Well a short time later I got on this site and wanted to pick a new name that srtuck me as wild. Guess what. Bell star came to mind. I didn't want a outlaws name, but I did like the name. So i changed the first name from Bell to Lynn,. I chose Lynn star. That's how I became Lynnstar.

Whenever we were in stores and my wife would ask if I wanted something fem, I felt uncomfortable. I wasn't even thinking of injuring a fem name. One day she asked if Maria would like an item, I asked her where she got Maria from. She said she didn't know it just flowed out. It wasn't my name of choice but because my wife picked it, I kept it.

I named myself after Rachel, Jennifer Anniston’s character on friends.
    I orginally did like Mariah (yes the Singer) but I’m happy as Rachel.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Aspiring Member
    I was going to go with Ellie until I found that there were quite a few Ellies already. Trying to be different I recalled a dutch girl named Ineke I once had a crush on. I found only one Ineke online, a California perfume business. So Ineke it has been. I thought you had to have a last name so I picked Vashon out of convenience (it's an island in the Puget Sound area).

Ineke (EE-nuh-kuh)

Asew was a name I made to use for video game characters as letters from a girl I liked at the time. To me it was girly, but not obviously girly in case anyone I knew saw it. I hate Brianna (fem version of my name) due to name calling as a child. I recently heard the nickname Brina (anagram of Brian) for Sabrina, and thought about switching to Sabrina, but decided to stick with Asew since it better fits my non-binary-ness.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    The name came from a children's book that I used to read to my daughter when she was young. The name of the book was Jillian Jigs, and I changed it to Gillian Gigs as my given name begins with a G, so a J got changed to a G. I always liked the name Jillian/Gillian...whatever.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I love my name, I chose it myself I love the fact that I can be formal Rebecca, relaxed Becky or friendly Bec. Also there were no Rebeccas close to me when I chose it back in 2005. It has no connections to my boy name, which to me was another plus. As for Blue well thats a long story.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

The name I use here is the feminized version of the male name that I would have chosen for myself, Alexander. I always thought Alex was a cool name. So, Lexi, Alexa, Alexandra, I'll answer to any of those.

And because the guy who molested me, butchered my real name. I'd be quite happy to never hear it again.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes and have fun with it. Often, on the golf course I have been heard shouting "Alice, you ignorant ****" A take off from the Honeymooners and Saturday Night live. Usually when I blow a shot

Oh! So Nice to see so many responses!

When I went to Stacy my life changed.
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I changed my name on this site once already. My name was Dee but there were several other Dees and deedees at that time so I wanted to change it to something completely different. It's hard for people to get my name (Ressie) when I introduce myself so I tell them it rhymes with Jessie. I don't love it, but I don't see any point of changing it again. Dee is still my nickname with some people.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I don't feel a sense of a female persona for myself but i did consider Sammi for use while shopping with my wife, as in "That's something Sammi might wear". (She called me Sammy when we were dating) I mentioned it to the bride and got a definite "NO". I settled on Bea_ as the phonetic of one of my initials. I like the simplicity. Also, when i was registering to the site, i tried to go with just "B" but it was too short. Even 'Bea" is too short so I added the underscore at the end. If I'd thought it through more it would be "B___" (three underscores).

Roxanne. Yes, I AM Roxanne! I adore my name. Every month the members of my Support Group call me by Roxanne. Hell, I don't even know that I have a male name! Roxanne is the female lead in the play Cyrano de Bergerac. I fell in love with that character years ago, and "became" her.

Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be