Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st unconcious thought

1st unconcious thought

As crossdressing is new to me--last 6 months--I had my first unconscious (spontaneous) thought the other night. While watching a Hallmark movie, I saw woman in a short black skirt with black stockings, cute boots and a gray blouse. I thought to myself, " I sure would look good in that. That is my style." I was honestly shocked by the thought. It came so natural. I would love to hear your spontaneous thought experiences.

Carla, welcome to the club. I have those thoughts all the time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Too many to count for me, when I started out I was always comparing how I would look in clothes worn by other women.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I do that all the time now.

It's easier to come up with outfit ideas if you observe what actual females are wearing.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Carla,

Hi and welcome. It's called learning from the masters. GG's are brought up on being conscious of what looks good, what works, what doesn't. As time goes by you'll experience this more often, the trick is however to know what looks good on them just might not look so good on you. There's a thread running at present about dressing your age and that's another skill to master.

Enjoy the ride.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm with the others, it happens all the time. There is also the moment when I wake in the morning and the first thing (like before wanting coffee) through my mind is "I wonder if that new top and that bottom I've had for so long will work together?"
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Oh that’s constant for most of us lol. Can’t see any women’s clothing without thinking about how it would look on you.

When my wife shows me something on Amazon that she thinks looks cute, I often have to ask 'for you or for me?' Lol

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Stop, Carla! This is VERY DANGEROUS thinking!

If you're like me it is, anyway! Because I just can't "think about how I'd look", I have to DO IT!

It's gotten so bad I'm afraid to go to the movies anymore! The female characters I need to copy r forming a huge backlog for me! Last movies that I must copy r: Mary Poppins, the Ruth Ginsburg movie, and Aquaman! Mera drives me crazy!

Everyone out there, DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO U! Think about how you'd look and let it go at that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Carla,

Like others have said these kinds of thoughts are common for me and likely will become so for you.

Elizabeth

Liz
    Yes I often see outfit on GGs or in a store window and think how that would look on myself

Even better is when I buy the outfit and I looks as good as I thought it would

Yay that's great Carla. I think it's a sign you're leaving behind all the useless guilt and fear and other restricting emotions that have held you back in the past, and getting on with the business of just being yourself and living your life. It happened to me today... I was looking at new tops for work and didn't register initially that I was looking in the women's department.

I have those thoughts all the time, especially when shopping on line. I think to myself, “Oh boy! If I buy that dress and wear it, I’ll look just like her!” It seldom works. But a classy outfit can make you look good, even if you don’t look like a catalog model.

Carla
    I totally feel that!! It's the worst and yet the best thing. It's fun doing it subtlty in public

It seems to be pretty common and It comes natural to me as well. Also by looking you will see what to do and what NOT to do, when it comes to clothes that fit you body, age range, and what clothes match well. As long as I have been dressing, I still check out what other women are wearing

"I wish I could look like that woman. Those clothes would look fabulous on me!" Wow, I'm pretty sure that's all if not most of us who crossdress. I am definitely no exception to this. No matter who I see wearing it, I've gotta have it. And yes, quite a few times it came from either tv or movies. A couple of times it caught my attention just seeing it on a mannequin.

Basically first, I look at the individual and analyze them from head to toe and determine if I like what I see. Then I visualize myself wearing what they are wearing, getting excited as I think about how good it will look on my body. After that, I go home and buy the clothes online, although this in itself can be frustrating, as a lot of women's clothes come way too small in size. This is sometimes done within 10 minutes, other times it can take me a couple of hours searching for the right size, or even the exact same dress. If that same dress cannot be found, I will purchase something that looks similar to it. Last comes the waiting part after I pay for the purchase. If faster shipping is available, I will typically pay a few extra bucks to get it quicker. While I wait for the stuff to arrive, it seems like torture waiting every day, especially when the tracking says its supposed to come on a particular day, but then it shows up late.

Anyway, the whole time, I am constantly thinking about how I will look when I get my new clothes.

Had that thought just after removing makeup the other day.

you know the thought when you see someone without makeup for the first time, and almost don’t recognize them? This time it was me!

surprised myself for sure. Made for a nice, warm and fuzzy feeling.
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

It took me years to find out that all along I've been fantasizing about how a woman's clothing would look on me, rather than just thinking that I was sexually interested in her body. Long before I began to crossdress regularly.

Well, after my many, many years, I certainly do look at women. I try to analyze whether I would look good in their outfit, and how difficult it would be for me to look like them! I even say, "That looks horrible on them", or, "It would not work for me!". Oh, have I now become a "picky" girl?
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    I do remember those times , often when driving home through my town I might see a GG wearing a nice outfit and I would say to myself in ten minutes I will start to look like her when I arrive home .

As I'm out most days now , I do still pick out some nice looking items but I do wonder if the tables have turned and maybe they could be thinking that about me , I'm often told I dress stylish , although what that means exactly I'm not sure , as a woman or as a TG ?

The one aspect I really enjoy now is being totally free to check out the racks and head off to the changing rooms and then get the opinion of the SA and often from other female customers . To be openly and honestly told something looks good on you is something I never expected to happen , it's a wonderful feeling of acceptance .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-14-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Absolutely! All the time. Web sites, catalogs, stores, watching other women, etc. but my thoughts are all very conscious....not unconscious. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I just can't "think about how I'd look", I have to DO IT!
    Really? That is very interesting....

Changing the subject completely, Doc, have you ever seen Queen Victoria's coronation dress?

269DEF33-36BE-4329-BF87-DBABC119CEA9.jpg
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It happens to me but its more "hey I like that" but not "I would look good in that".

Carla, I have those thoughts ALL THE TIME! I try to observe women, especially the taller ones, in order to gain insight into their sense of style, their gait, mannerisims, etc. My wife of 3 years, whom I dated for 6 before that, learned of my Rhonda side before we got serious. No problem with accepting Rhonda, but a BIG problem coming to believe why I was always looking at other women when we were out -- she's at peace with it now, but only because she now knows it's not a case of traditional "wandering eye".

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Lol. This happens to me all the time. My wife, who I told about dressing when we first met, will see an outfit on a woman that she knows I like. Even before I say something she will say something to the effect "that's your style. She also laughs and says "if only these women knew you were looking at them for their clothes"