Last weekend i had some time to myself and slipped off in Barbara mode to a mall across town. I am a cross-dresser, and when all dolled up, can reasonably pass. This trip I was in jean-leggings, a blue woman's t shirt and a unpadded bra-let(barely noticable) Nothing to stand out, (especially in Portland where skinny jeans rule). but no makeup or wig. I was walking through Macys and noticed a trans woman working one of the counters, it just so happened to the the brand I was considering switching to, so I asked her about some different items. She seemed a bit stand offish. I finally asked if she had time to help me try out a couple colors of foundation. She agreed, and spent a few minutes helping me pick out the right shade, and gave me a couple pointers but did not seem that thrilled to be helping me. This entire time, I felt like she was annoyed that I was there asking for help.

I also had this happen a few months ago when I went to a Ulta Beauty store. There was a transwoman working there, and she too didn't' seem to want to help me much.

I would have thought that a woman that has transitioned would be a bit more helpful to a sister that is 1) wanting to learn how to do her makeup better, and 2) someone that wants to spend money.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?
Maybe I was reading to much into the situation.

Barbara