Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG! This is ME! NEW HAIR!

It looks beautiful. The hair style suits you!!! Super happy for you!!
    I am real

Update: first 9 weeks.

So, not all hearts and flowers, but over all I still love my new hair.

At 4 weeks, the hair system had slipped enough backwards and to my right that a side part looked like a center part, and the hairline had receeded almost half an inch. Laying on my side, I could easily get a finger under the detached front hairline. They took it off, cleaned and styled the hair system, cleaned my scalp, washed my hair, and dyed my hair for a better match. One potential problem was that on the sides, my hair loss area was not as wide as the hair system. This meant that the adhesive on the sides had been trying to glue the system to hair, and not scalp. We agreed to not shave off more of my own hair yet, because we wanted to keep the option of using wig clips on the sides and wig tape front and back, if after trying a new adhesive we continued to have problems.

At 6 weeks, the new adhesive was not holding as well as the first one had done. I did, however, discover that I could slowly slip the wayward hairpiece back into the right position. It was sort of like sliding magnets along a metal surface. As long as I did not peel it off, the glue generally maintained contact, despite minor slippage. I stopped by the salon and updated them on the problems, but they did not try to fix it. The person I needed is usually booked solid for a month or more in advance.

At 8 weeks, the slipping was driving me crazy. It was not falling off, but it needed to be readjusted several times a day. One more week to my next appointment.

At 8.5 weeks (today), it was detached enough that I had to take it off. In the past 8.5 weeks I had only once had to see my reflection without the new hair, and my dysphoria at the very thought of taking the hair off spiked severely. I seriously considered not leaving my house for the next four days, until I had my next appointment. But I had a dance to go to tonight! I was able to remove it, and to wash the adhesive out of my hair, and to put on one of my older, full-cap wigs. I was also able to remove the adhesive from the hairpiece, and wash it carefully. But I do not have a good way to reattach it on my own, yet.

The dance tonight went okay. But the older, synthetic, full-cap wig was a lot hotter to wear, so I did not dance much.

Wednesday I will ask them to try the “wig clips and wig tape” attachment method. It might not be as secure as the adhesive is when it works right, but it is a method I could learn to maintain on my own.

If that fails, I guess I will allow them to shave enough hair at the sides of my bald patch to allow a wig to scalp adhesive bond.

Just took off the old wig, to go to bed. Pretty extreme dysphoria at the thought of not having “my hair”. The next four days will not be fun...
    Last edited by Ceera; 03-17-2019 at 02:58 AM.

First congratulations you look great! 2nd I have never heard about this before. Omg so cool in have to look into this like right NOW!

I hope you can find the sweet spot for you.. maybe its better to wear it daily..

I know its a financial and mental burden and I'm glad you are addressing it..

remember if you have to take it off, its temporary...and there are bald women, and you don't have to look at it while you sleep!!

its a really cute hairpiece and so its worth it to keep trying to make it work..
    I am real

The first three days without it were pretty hard. Saturday I had a dance to attend, and dinner at a restaurant after the dance. Sunday was Saint Patrick’s, so another evening out. Today, I was running errands for a sick friend, then attending an event planning meeting.

As I said above, for the dance I wore one of my older synthetic wigs. My current avatar pic shows me at that dance. I got hot easily enough that I only danced half as much as usual.

For Saint Patrick’s day, I wore my best full-cap, human hair wig. Did not over heat, but wasn’t that comfortable.

Today I did the synthetic wig for the errands, and the human hair one for the meeting and for dinner at home after. Once everyone else retired for the night, I took it off. Am rather literally sitting in a darkened room, with only one small light in a far corner, enjoying a stiff drink and using my tablet to surf the Internet.

The worst part is going to bed at night, and getting up in the morning. Trying not to look in mirrors.

Tomorrow I want to get my nails done, do some sports stuff, and do an arts and crafts evening event. Will wear the good wig for that. Then Wednesday, before lunchtime, I finally get it fixed.

looks great ,
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant