Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could you do it ?

Banned Read only

Could you do it ?

I pose this question with thoughts of previous threads about how long it takes some members to get dressed .

On Tuseday I had an apponitment to donate blood , I was in the bathroom in my bra and pants just about to start putting on my makeup when the phone rang . It was my sister in law saying she was in town and heading off to do some quick shopping so could she drop in about twenty minutes or so for a cup of tea , I said OK and put the phone down. I have managed half an hour to put my makeup on and get dressed but twenty minutes ! She did say it didn't matter how I appeared but then I told her what I was wearing when she phoned so I had to go for it . I did full makeup and dressed and still had time to wash the breakfast dishes and tidy up , it was nearer thirty minutes by the time the door bell rang . She greeted me with an OH ! You're ready !! I just smiled and sedately made the pot of tea . We had a very good chat for an hour or so about the situation with my wife and family , It is a real bonus I have her as a go between but I always apologise to her saying she shouldn't really be caught up in all this .

Back to the question I wonder if other members have had this situation of being given a limited time to get madeup and dressed .

Could you do it ?

It's ironic really that so many threads are based on being caught and how quickly you have to change back to male mode , who'd thought this could be a problem ? If some ask why did I need to do it ? Well they all know I dress full time , I can't accept the inbetween state , it doesn't feel right and I don't feel comfortable . OK I am making the clear statement that the man has all but gone in my new lifstyle .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-17-2019 at 09:56 AM.

When I was 24/7 back in the 80's, I could do it in 15...ish IF I knew what I was wearing. I could do it in 20 for a full session and then take the curlers out and brush it out before I got out of the car at work. In any case...your good girl!

No I could not! from bra and panties to full on femme in 30 minutes? no way.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

If all I had to do was makeup and get dressed then we’re looking at about an hour or so. If I have to shave or do any “fine detailing” then it’s longer.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I'd need a NASCAR Pit Crew. LOL
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I not only can't do it, I don't do it!

After I've started dressing I don't stop for anything until I'm done. Including not answering the door or phone!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Most women I know forego makeup unless they are headed for work, church or a social occasion. Otherwise it's just what mother nature gave her. When my wife is headed off to work all she applies to her face is lip color. She does not need makeup at all. If I know it is a Stephanie day I usually have shaved in the morning. My facial hair is light and a shave does last all day. No beard shine. For me it is a dress, hosiery and heels, undergarments (bra, panty, slip) and my wig. Ten minutes tops. If I am using facial makeup it's usually lip color and something to hide the aging spots on my face.

I don't bother with nail polish anymore or heavy makeup. The last time I had gone all out was when my wife was out of state visiting her cousin. I had the entire deal on my face and nails. Then, a call from my daughter-in-law. She had locked herself out of her house wife my granddaughter. Car keys were in the house. Could I come over right away with my set of keys. OMG! The fastest nail polish removal and facial makeup removal ever. I figure if I go all out again it will be if I am totally away from home.

I can be prepred to go out in about half an hour.

Then again I am nearly always there anyway.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Read this two ways

Teresa,

I looked at the question and felt it could be answered 2 different ways.

Could you do it in as much as the person who's arriving knows you dress but has never sen you as such. So I suppose it's asking would you have the confidence to present enfemme. Well for me this is a scenario that won't happen as I'm in the closet so no is the answer.

Could I get my slap on in 30 minutes? Mmmm yes as long as I'm just going for a day look and not heading out for a night out somewhere smart.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Yes, I could do it unless I wanted to have my nails polished.
    Hugs, Carole

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    To just apply make up, the wig and put on clothing....
    No problem, give me between 5 and 10 minutes to be ready and out the door

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    30 min is about the best I can do, in fact did that today as I was behind this morning getting ready for my hair appointment

Makeup, wig, lingerie....about 15 minutes. Deciding what to wear is another story....let’s see...skirt and sweater?...slacks and blouse ?...or visa versa...fun.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It depends on a few things. If I shaved in the last 8-10 hours and don't have to worry about my nails I can do that. If I go with a wig, then hair is pretty simple but if I want to wear my own hair, that adds time to the process as well. But it's not out of the question, I try to be able to dress and go about my day anyway. Last month I needed a short nap before getting ready for our monthly support group meeting, but the nap went longer than I'd intended. Still I managed to get ready, drive across town and be just a few minutes late for the meeting and be as presentable as usual. All in just over an hour.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    No that wouldn't make any difference as I was preparing to go out and donate blood anyway , I was wearing a blue and white striped Tshirt with short sleeves , a cardigan , black boot cut trousers and my boots which I felt suitable for my donation . If I have a bad day and let's face we all have days when nothing goes right it wouldn't matter who was calling or where I was going , I do keep to a regular makeup routine .

I was thinking about posing the question if other people redo their makeup or just top it up when going from day to an evening out . I've stopped second shaving as my skin won't stand close shaving more than once everyday so I tend to top up my makeup .

To answer others , I always shave closely everyday before I walk the dog , that is my face , hands , chest and legs and my nails are usually done ( after a fashion !!) So it's full makeup everyday including this particular day when I return .

Sarah,
    Been there and done that one , sometimes a catnap goes on a little too long
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-17-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Hell-o Teresa,

I am a member of the 30 minute club. Not that I prefer to shortcut things every time, but can do it when time is of the essence. One of the more memorable “rush” jobs... I had scheduled a meet-up with Jenn@home, I had made reservations for the two of us in town, and It was also a work day. Fortunately I was allowed to leave work a bit early, but still needed to shower, shave, put on some makeup, clothes, wig, and head out the door. I managed to do it all with-in that 30 minute limit!

The rest of the story...
    On my way to town I’m driving “slightly” fast, as I didn’t want to leave Jenn waiting for me.
    The one road to town is fairly narrow, and also quite twisty, but I’m on a mission! As I’m driving along (making great time by the way) I turn a corner and see the tail end of the car of my co-worker. Now what? My vehicle is of the recognizable type, and I can imagine this co-worker following me to see what I’m up to. So I hit the brakes, let him get a few corners further ahead of me, and slowed my roll until I was certain he’d made his exit from my path of travel.
    I called Jenn to let her know what I was up against, and all she could do was laugh.

It would appear that saving time was a waste of time, but the two of us still managed to have some fun, and I got this story to tell. So...maybe not a complete waste?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Oh, and here’s what the 30 min. results looked like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 01-17-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Read only
    Hi Kristyn,
    How is Jenn I miss her stories , I guess she was a bit of a role model for stepping out the door for me .

Lovely story but I thought all US roads were a mile wide ! Only kidding I've done parts of Utah and Montana so I know some are about the same as UK roads .

Yes I can do the 30 minute makeup and dress. I don't have to worry about my nails they are always done 24/7.

Hell-o Again Teresa,
    I haven’t checked in with Jenn since before the Holidays. She had been teasing me with some of her outings while she was in Vegas, so I’m guessing she’s doing good.
    And some of these roads around my place might be better described as improved goat trails.
    I must say, I did skip the nails. I had even painted a fresh pair the night before too. Hell, if I had taken the time to glue them on I wouldn’t have run into my co-worker.
    Who knew?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 01-17-2019 at 09:48 PM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Yeah I can do 20 minutes,it's a doddle IF I'm newly shaved,and know what I'm wearing.

I also find sometimes when you think you have plenty time,you get complacent and that's when you find yourself up against the clock

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I can be out the door is 15 minutes, full make-up and nails. I do it all the time.

Of course I have had a lot of practice, The year I split a house with my boyfriend and another guy who had a 5 year old daughter is the same year I made a pack with myself to dress every day with full make-up. As I was the lady of the house. And no time to think about what to wear. Basically skinny jeans, tank top, jacket and ankle boots.

I always have at least one set of nails ready.

I may have a little bit of an advantage as I don’t have a beard.

Also my vanity is set up to do this.

This is if I’m just like running to the store, or to pick up take out for dinner.

Now if I’m going somewhere special it can take hours to find the right outfit, with my closet ending up on the bed.

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    Sounds about right but I'm usually well organised for an evening out , I know what type of venue and of course consider the weather so my outfit is picked out along with shoes and handbag .

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Me... a femme rush-job? Heck, no!

Not only am I a bit of a perfectionist who takes their time to do it just right (though the end-result might not always particularly coincide with that ), I'm also totally one of those who just putters about while getting ready. Put on this, then just wander off & go do that for a bit. Oh, shoot... Gotta keep getting ready? Okay, back to the mirror. Put on something else, then wander off again, because I "need" to go check on something in the other room. I'm pretty awful like that, really.

I remember one time, I was at a friend's house getting ready. And he was *soooo* pissed that I was taking forever. Kept checking up on me the whole time... "You done yet? You done yet? You done yet?" Well, first of all, this ain't exactly my home-turf, ya know? Plus, I was putting on a full & heavy face, for a long & fun night out.

Got so bad, that eventually our other friends arrived -- late, at that. Not sure what conversation they had beforehand, but the drag queen of the bunch finally comes to the bathroom to check up on me... "You're looking good. Almost ready, hon?"

UGH... Please don't rush me!

What makes matters even worse, is that I actually enjoy the whole process.

It's an awesome experience, in & of itself. At least in my eyes. Getting ready is half the fun! So, I want to try to soak it all in, ya know?

Hey, what can I say? Just the way I am.

Teresa, No, makeup alone is a minimum of 45 minutes.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I don't know Teresa, but maybe one day I will. My family knows about my dressing since childhood, but my children have an idea I think (the older ones). My wife actually over the holidays recommended that I tell one of my boys and I chickened out...but maybe when he comes back in February for the winter break that he gets in college I just may sit him down and talk with him...