Thread: So excited--1st full dress-up with my wife

So excited--1st full dress-up with my wife

This Saturday the kids are gone and I will do my first full dress up with my wife. I would love some feedback and advice.

Try your more modest and simply make up as well what you dress.
    Crossdressers tend to be too sexual and provocative. It's understandable for us because we're like teenager girl but that scary to some wives, except she is that kind of style. If that's the case just match how she dress, no more no less, at least the first time.
    Mho.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Agree! The first time she did my eye make up it was way overdone.

Congrats that your wife is on board. Take it slow and watch her reactions, and have fun.

Reality Check
    Don't overdo it. Dress conservatively (the same style as your wife). No hooker heels, no overdone makeup. No ultra short miniskirt.
    Krisi

Silver Member
    Let her see everything in your closet. Consider letting HER select what you will wear. That could be interesting and tell you a lot about what she thinks is appropriate for you and her! You could hint at what you might like.

Carla, that is really fantastic that you are going to have a day with your wife. It is also awesome that she is supporting you. I would collaborate with her and let her be a part of the choices you make. It is like a fun girls day. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Carla, try not to be nervous but you will have more than a few of us wishing you luck and wishing we were so lucky!

A few words of wisdom, make that personal experience, is to absolutely dive in head first! I'd recommend a shopping trip before hand for all the odds and ends, most importantly some type of nails (French manicure are my current favorite!), some type of beard cover (look up here what many do if you can't find the actual product), perfume (one that your wife won't hate but you like, can be tricky find one that does both) and most importantly a good mix of clean up wipes/makeup removers.

Relax and enjoy a special day, I hope to have a similar time sometime soon. You might like sharing a meal or watching a movie, something that almost lets you forget how much fun you're having yet one glance in a mirror or seeing lipstick on a wine glass will put a huge smile on your face.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

Good luck! Get her attention at the beginning and let her know how much it means to have her support. My wife supports me but does not want to touch me once I am dressed so you want to make sure you do not miss the opportunity to let her know how much you appreciate it. She may be apprehensive about the situation too so invite her to help make decisions about what to wear and make up but if she hesitates, do not push, just make a decision yourself and ask what she thinks later. You are in a great position, continue to take it slow and include her in the process. It may be an event that improves your overall marriage due to a higher level of communication, you just never know. Are you planning to venture out together?

Don't dress over the top, listen to what she has to suggest and go with that.

Even if you don't agree sheis likely to suggest an alternative if it does not look right.

Let her volunteer an opinion, refrain from asking for one if you can.

Good luck.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Be careful to not looks more beautiful than her!

Such Thoughtful feedback. We might venture out, I am up for that but that might overwhelm her. I will let that be her idea. I will certainly let you know how it goes. Hope to get some pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Bell View Post
    This Saturday the kids are gone and I will do my first full dress up with my wife. I would love some feedback and advice.
    Just a suggestion...you might want to have a discussion with your wife about what you plan to wear ahead of time. A respectful dialogue between the two of you could well enhance the experience for both of you.

Karen

Aspiring Member
    Well that's great and I hope it all goes well for both of you. I like the idea of asking her to select what you wear. And has been said, you don't want to look better or fancier than her. Sherrii

Banned Read only
    I don't have any personal experience to offer since my wife is not accepting of Stephanie. So, maybe my viewpoint has credibility. You have posted your wife has done your eye makeup and it was "way overdone." At least your wife is receptive to this adventure. I'm totally a dress person. No pants and tops. Just tasteful dresses. Do you have a wig? If so, I would recommend your wife does your facial makeup and wig before dressing. Maybe, she would do your nails. In my mind it draws her into being a participant, not just a viewer. To me the visual changing of the face would be the biggest hurdle to acceptance. I'd follow with showing her a choice of clothes. I don't think wearing women's jeans is anyway shocking. They/re just pants without pockets. OK, maybe some decorations or stitching. If I were doing this I would ask if she wanted to see me don my attire or just see the final outcome. I would hope since she is on board with this adventure she would not become critical, but, maybe provide some guidance. Wouldn't a willing wife want her husband to look the best he could? I would ask if she wanted to watch the wardrobe change into undergarments and hosiery. Somehow I think that process would be a gradual visual transformation rather than jumping out of the bathroom fully en femme.

If you do get full en femme I would leave it at that for the day. I always say the eye sees what the mind wants to see. You may think you're passable. However, even moderately passable in the twilight there are friends and neighbors you may encounter. You may be casually viewed as a woman, but, what about inquiries of who was with your wife in the family car. Your wife may not be, and, you too, may not be ready for others to know. I also would not get "romantic" and suggest Carla get into the marital bed. Until your wife sees you for the first time en femme I really would not expect you and her to be able to establish boundaries and limitations.

I will close by saving I am envious of your opportunity. I hope it goes well.

I say wear your favorite outfit. Being modest and conservative in an effort to not scare her off is inauthentic. Afterwards you can talk about her views on your favorite outfit and go from there.

Ditto. Start modest and let her feel comfortable and not threatened or overpowered. Overdid a bit the first time with my fiancee (now wife). Had to throttle back for a while, but I can go over the top now because she knows Darlene better.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Let her see everything in your closet. Consider letting HER select what you will wear. That could be interesting and tell you a lot about what she thinks is appropriate for you and her! You could hint at what you might like.
    Bingo!!!!

I'm not married so want to ask, if you don't mind, is she going to participate in getting you ready? Or are you dressing on your own and then presenting to her?

What does she like, my GG loves the black nylons and short skirt?
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.