Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb question of the day

Dumb question of the day

Hello All, My stupid question of the day is: Do you carry a purse when going out to a club? To prevent someone from stealing your money, license or cc while sitting at a bar, a lot of girls simply carry a few dollars in their pockets. Of course it is always nice to carry necessary things like a hairbrush or your car keys, etc. I hate to hang it over the back of a chair because it then becomes easy picking. What do you girls do and what advice can you offer? Thanks.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Back during my younger en-femme days of clubbing & bar-hopping (gay bars, drag clubs & vanilla hetero places, alike!), I'd always bring a small purse.

I could never do without, personally. Just ain't gonna happen.

Of course, I would never go alone. Always at least 2 of us, up to a large group us... Mix of guys, GG's & perhaps some flavor of gender-benders (aside from me).

So, we'd always have someone to look after us -- and our belongings.

I mean, another possible alternative that some GG's may utilize, so there's no need to lug around a purse?

Get a cute guy to drive you & pay for your drinks!

(Only half-serious, BTW. )

Whenever I went out it didn't matter where I was, I always carried a small purse. when seated at a bar or table I had it wrapped around something to discourage anyone from trying to do a grab and go. Never had a problem.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's called a shoulder strap! When I'll be out partying and dancing I ALWAYS carry a purse with one of those!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Janet! I started using a wristlet which is large enough to hold a small brush, lipstick, powder, and keys and a credit card and license...its larger than my phone, but looks totally fine when sitting at a table and your phone is on top of it.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Yes always take a handbag with me to a club,essential for topping up lippy etc .Never leave it unattended though,clubs are ideal hunting ground for petty thieves

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Liz
    Yes I always take a small purse with me when going out but I do get concerned about it and have to remind myself to keep an eye on it

Why do you think girls dance around their handbags? As for having pockets: I have no dresses or skirts that have pockets so other than sticking stuff down my bra, loose change could be a challenge, I'd have nowhere to keep anything.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

A question is not dumb if you don't know or are looking for advice.....

I carry a purse as I have limited pockets and find it necessary to put the car keys, money and makeup somewhere.

The other day I was carrying around a hundred dollar bill and after my purchases I had change of a hundred dolar bill.

Yep, I find a purse a necessity and sometimes a hindrance.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I always carry a purse when out. I agree with Beverly...a necessity and a hindrance.

I'm not a club girl but to answer your question I'm never out enfemme without my purse. I may run into a fast food restaurant or convenience store to get a drink to go while out, grab my wallet from my purse, run in and make a quick purchase but I'm quickly reunited with my purse when I return to the car.
    Jill

Aspiring Member
    When I go out dancing, etc., I carry a small purse with a cross body strap, as in this photo from last year's Oktoberfest. My dirndl has no pockets. Using the "bra pocket" is not a particularly good idea because a dirndl is designed to push things up and out of there.

I did forget my purse once while grocery shopping, back in the early days when I was still very nervous about going out and about. I left it on the cart after loading my groceries into my car. When I got home, I realized it was gone. Still en femme, I went back to the store. Someone had turned the purse in to their customer service. I told my tale of woe to an SA, who then asked the other SA on duty, "She lost her purse." The second SA immediately produced the purse but asked me to describe the (male) ID in my femme wallet. I did so and received my purse with my money still in it (!!) and a scowl. The incident made me since exceptionally protective of my purse. Never came close again to letting it out of my sight.

image.jpg
    Last edited by abby054; 01-21-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I always carry a handbag when I'm out dressed and I keep my eye on it.

Aspiring Member
    I carry a purse as well when out and about. I never go to clubs though, just not into that scene. Closest I've come is having lunch in a fast food place with my trans daughter while we were out thrift store shopping together. I use a shoulder strap though, and am very vigilant about it no matter where I am.

Always carry a purse.
    Makeup, phone, hair brush and clips, wallet. Far too much to be carrying around otherwise.

If it's a club or something then a small crossbody bag so I can keep it with me and it's not cumbersome. Otherwise it's my regular purse.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yes I take purses to the club. You just keep it with you at all times, like you would your drink. This is why they make clutches and other small bags.

I'm out dressed right now.

With a purse, as always.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I have a small purse slightly bigger than my phone for my phone, ID and money. When out with my wife, she would just put my stuff in her purse. If I am going out mixed mode, I will wear a skirt with pockets and use those.

I have a "Cross-Body Mini-Bag". Fits keys, cards and cell phone (barely), goes across your body and you can dance with it without it getting in the way.

Actually its not such a dumb question at all bags like this worn like has been shown apart from being a fashion accessory its so much safer and secure from pickpockets and thieves and such like for sure a very needy item.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I doh't go out dressed , but often carry a purse when in drab.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Janet, I carry a purse while out. None of my outfits have functioning pockets perse. I have a couple that I coordinate with the outfits and occasion. It also serves as a handy self defense item should the need arise. The funny part is when my wife and I go out I carry the bag so she doesn't have to. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Yes I do carry my purse in a handbag that I carry all the time.
    Anyhow, I once lost it in a club (forgot it) when I left my seat. After I found out minutes later it was gone, with all my papers, credit cards, car key, drivers license, passport and about Euro 30,-.

It was terrible, I was about 160 miles from home and couldn't get into my car.
    I called the street service (like AAA) in Germany. The guy told me he can't open my car as it is one of the safest car (BMW E39 Touring).
    While him and some other people watching, I used a big stone to crash the passenger window.

After very little sleep in my open car, an old man came along walking his dog at 8:30 AM. I already had informed my wife who left early in the monring to bring my spare car key.
    That man shwoed me a car key - it was mine.... He found it somewhere around the club on a parking lot.

I called my wife to turn back home with her car, she had covered about 50 miles already.

Weeks after that happened I got my purse from the club by mail, everything was inside, except the Euro 30,-.
    It was a big relieve that I got everything back. My handbag was gone as well, it was a nice black leather bag.

After that incident I always keep my handbag over my shoulder close to me.

JanetM,

I’ve noticed so far that women’s carry purses because most of their clothes don’t have pockets. However, if they did have pockets they would be very large to carry all the makeup, hair brush, toiletries items, keys, identification, money, and all the other items that ladies feel it necessary to carry. Where a guy is content with wallet, keys, and pocket knife.

Yes going out requires some downsizing from what we carry out and if you haven’t noticed most women are good friends with the staff, barkeep, where they would leave their purse while they are entertaining or partying .

@—}——-
    Michelle

I always carry a purse, however no clubbing for me, at least not yet. I can see a need for a smaller purse though like some of the girls mention