Thread: Femme or folly

Femme or folly

So I'm back in Vienna and I've received the cheap curly wig I ordeed. I can't say I look great in it, but I think it's ok in a cartoon sense. If anything, it makes me look a bit like my sister. On top of that I finally decided to shave off my moustache after eight years. So there's nothing really stopping me from doing the 100% femme look.

So I decided to go out for a night walk dressed. I felt lovely and the better handbag my fiancée has given me gives me something to do with my hands. The wig is actually confidence boosting as iI feel t's not so much of a juxtaposition as a man with a moustach wearing a dress. It's also, let's be honest, a disguise and one feels unrecognisable in it. I think now, possibly from a distance, I could be taken for a woman, albeit a tarty one.

Anyway, arriving back at my apartment, there was a taxi, lights on, right outside the door. It wasn't so much that I cared about the driver seeing me; taxis pass me all the time. But I reasoned that he was most likely waiting for someone to emerge from my building and I didn't really want to run into a neighbour, even though I don't actually know any of them. So I decided to loiter a little bit along the road waiting for him leave.

Even early in the morning, there are cars along my street and one of them, I'm almost sure, took me for a prostitute as he turned and passed me three times, leaning across to better see me. Either that or he just wanted a better look at a tranny! There was a van that passed me twice in different directions as well. As you can see from the photos the wig was blowing around a lot and I doubt he'd have got a good look at my face. If he did, he was probably dissapointed!

Oddly enough, I wasn't particularly bothered by him; the street is brightly lit and I could tell he was much smaller than me but it was interesting all the same. In the end, I had to go in anyway because the taxi driver was still there after perhaps twenty minutes and I was getting cold.

Here are a couple of photos I took a few minutes earlier. What do you ladies think he was thinking?

Attachment 300635
    Attachment 300636
    Attachment 300637

MR
    Last edited by MiniRock; 01-20-2019 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Improved wording

Banned Read only
    Other than the face being unrecognizable in the pictures, you look amazing. The hair really adds energy to the package.

MiniRock, love it although if it was me I would de-tartify slightly especially if it was the evening, just to keep things safe.

All the best for your future escapades.

Davina x

You look like a girl and that is probably what interested him.

You don't necessarily look like a hooker, although I have been late out in Vienna waiting for a train and saw two guys dividing their stash on the floor of an elevator.

Never been sure about Wein since.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have to agree with others that you look fantastic.

Reality Check
    So I decided to loiter a little bit along the road waiting for him leave. ……………….
    I suspect he took you to be a prostitute. It's not normal for women to loiter along the road late at night, especially in a flashy miniskirt and high heels. It's also not uncommon for males to dress as females and prostitute themselves. You could have been stopped and questioned by the police.

You look good but you really need to act more like a woman when out as a woman. Be safe.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    I have to agree with Krisi. It was obvious you were not waiting for a taxi since one was right at the door. Women who loiter are usually consider "ladies of the night," i.e., prostitutes whether or not they are. High heels and short skirts don't do anything to discourage that assumption.

You do have an attractive figure.

Banned Read only
    Men look at women and with those legs and figure who wouldn't look; that includes women too.

you look fabulous in the pictures. I really think that the backlighting is nice, but it blurs your picture somewhat....not sure if you were going for that look

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Hanging around on the street late at night doesn't seem like a good thing to do.
    Kinda makes you appear to be a lady of the evening.
    I agree with Krisi.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think u thot what we think looking at your pics, "Is that shapely woman pretty or not? And, how old is she?"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Love the pictures and the outfit. I would like to emulate that. Everything goes together perfectly. I won't comment on whether you should be there or not. You explained very clearly and, I believe, accurately what you thought was happening around you. If you were with another woman or small group of people you would fit in as a trendy attractive looking woman. I personally love that look.As you say, the back lighting on the wig is perfect. Are you living there, visiting, work assignment? I would love to do that (spend time and go out during the day and night) across Europe. Thanks for sharing, and please share some more.

Aspiring Member
    Probably the greatest irony of going out and about en femme is the mistaken notion that we are safer alone than we are in a crowd. It encourages us to go to isolated places late at night that may not be safe, even as some have noted here, to risk being mistaken for "ladies of the evening". The truth is that we are much safer dressed to blend in a large crowd, like that of a crowded mall or theater. For those who go out but are shy about it, this is difficult to convince ourselves.

The pictures are quite sexy, even if the time of day isn't ideal.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by abby054 View Post
    The truth is that we are much safer dressed to blend in a large crowd, like that of a crowded mall or theater. For those who go out but are shy about it, this is difficult to convince ourselves.
    MR,
    Abby is right on the money. Wear a slightly longer skirt, knee length, lower heels say 2" courts and you'll be good to go around the shops. True a better wig could help your cause but it's not a show stopper. In fact your first sortie could be to buy a wig. The combination of actually shopping and seeing your new appearance in the mirror will boost your confidence immensely.

It is totally counter intuitive. Being out in the day in a crowded street you'd think would have everyone standing and pointing at the CD'er. Not so. Dress for the location and time of day, act naturally and you hide in plain sight. Yes you will get read. Reactions however will be vertually non. You soon acclimatise to the situation to the point that you wonder what took you so long.

Your legs look great in that tight miniskirt. Congrats on finally losing the mustache. As far as loitering, you should have asked the cab driver if he was in fact waiting for a fare. But you probably could have made some money out there! JK
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder