Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dress first ? Makeup first ?

Banned Read only

Dress first ? Makeup first ?

I guess this is like follow up to my " Could you do it ," thread.

I had a phone call last Friday telling me my coal delivery was sometime on Monday (today ), but no time was given . On one occassion I had a delivery at 8.00am so I knew I had to get up early but as I didn't want to be caught in an in between state I debated whether it was best to dress first and then apply my makeup or the other way round . So I decided to dress first and had just applied foundation and eye colour when the door bell rang , all I had to do was slip my wig on and that woud have to do . As it turns out it was a delivery driver who called on us for years at my old address , he is a really nice guy so we got chatting about my life and his life . He said his had changed since last year after his daughter died in a riding accident , so now he's now adopted a , " Live and let live ," attitude . He went to tell how they have been to the gay bars in Manchester with his other daughter at university there with his wife and how much he enjoyed the atmosphere and the lovely people . Somehow age came into the conversation and he suggested we were the same age , it turns out I had a good ten years on him so we joked about nipping off to Boots to buy him some makeup !!

It's so ironic that when he delivered at my old address I had to scuttle upstairs and do a quick change before answering the door to him , now I can openly do so without a problem and the great thing is he didn't have a problem either .

The question is this time which order would you have done it in under the same circumstances ? Dress first or makeup first ?

My thoughts about dressing first was I would have my forms in , I chose slim fit jeans and a blouse so I thought I would look more female than male even without full makeup .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-21-2019 at 06:05 AM.

I always dress first, then makeup , and finally the wig. I suppose it doesn't really matter either way and is just a matter of choice.

Banned Read only
    Diane,
    I usually do makeup first and then dress but the problem was at what point would my door bell ring so I had to decide what was the best way to appear , I just don't like the inbetween situation .

Teresa
    My normal steps would be dress, make up and wig. With not knowing when he was coming I would do make up first can always throw on cloths faster if needed.
    Connie

Banned Read only
    Connie,
    Male or female ones and does that include a bra with forms ? As it turned out I probably pitched it the right way round .

I think I'd go makeup first & comb out the wig so it's ready to pop on if the bell rings; I'd rather be flat-chested than MAID.

Dress first, use makeup to hide the cracks and then all is good. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Make-up first!

Please!

No more said!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Makeup first. I have enough makeup stains on my clothes as it is.

I don my lingerie first, a spritz of perfume, earrings, then, makeup. When done, I select the days ensemble which is subject to change. Finally, my wig selection. If anyone rang the doorbell, I’d, with no intention of being rude, just have to ignore it.

I'm a makeup first girl. So makeup, dress and lastly wig and accessories. That being said my makeup routine has several steps like moisturizer, primer etc. so while my moisturizer soaks in I tuck and put on my panties, while my deodorant dries I put my bra and forms. So if he arrived early and interrupted my makeup I would throw on my wig and a robe and answer the door that way.
    Jill

Banned Read only
    Nancy,
    I needed my coal delivery , so I couldn't ignore it .

Dress first for me. That's because I left enough make-up behind on clothing in my early days. My hair goes on last.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Banned Read only
    Makeup first so I don't get any of it on my outfit, besides I often am hot when getting ready and don't bother getting dressed until I have all my makeup on and am ready to go.

Then I put my dress on.

Banned Read only
    Sherrie/Roberta,
    Maybe you missed my point of the question it was the circumstances that raised this point , if you were going to be seen incomplete which way would you prefer ?

I have to admit the blouse I slipped on did have a makeup ring on the collar but I was going to change after the delivery anyway , as it turned out I slipped my flowered wellies on and a warm jacket and had a couple of hours tidying the garden . It's funny how I find gardening dressed very feminine .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-21-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Makeup first. I put on my moisturizer and foundation and powder first. I put on my undergarments and hose while the foundation dries and sets. Then I return to my makeup and, after finishing, put on my outer garments and my wig. Cynthia is right: I have plenty of stains without giving my clumsiness an opportunity to add more. I cover my face with a paper towel or bag if anything must go on over my head, for example, a pullover sweater. In your situation, if I had my foundation done and some of my undergarments on, I would quick put on my housecoat and wig and answer the door.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Makeup first for me. My own thin hair is long enough to not need a wig in a pinch, but without brows, mascara and some lip color, I really do look like a man. I could answer the door in a robe if necessary.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Dress, then makeup then wig. I always seem to get more make up on my outfit if I put make up on first.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Well, I wouldn't answer the door naked! I would do both kind of concurrently - down and dirty. This means I wouldn't do a complete makeup job - no foundation or powder, no mascara, just a little blush, lipstick and eyeliner.

Dressing wouldn't include the whole 9 yards either. Leggings, blouse, flats and I'm OK with answering the door (as long as my wig is on straight). Maybe not even strap the boobs on. All of this depends on how much time I have. In the case of not knowing how much time, this is what I would do. OK, it doesn't take more than a minute to throw on a bra and forms!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    In your situation you chose the right path, better to be dressed when someone calls, quick makeup and wig I'm is sure no problem for you by now.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Sherrie/Roberta,
    Maybe you missed my point of the question it was the circumstances that raised this point , if you were going to be seen incomplete which way would you prefer ?
    Oh, well in that case, I would probably have started my makeup first as usual, and just thrown on a robe to answer the door

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Foundation.

Dress up.

Rest of make up.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Undergarments, makeup, dress then wig.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Makeup first.
    I hate trying to get shadow or powder off my blouse or dress and using a towel for cover is just awkward.

My wigs are always ready on wig heads so once made up and dressed it just slips on.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It depends on the dress. If it’s something I’m going to have to pull over my head, then dress first so I don’t mess up my makeup or get makeup on the dress. Otherwise makeup first so nothing gets on the dress while I’m getting ready.