Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dress first ? Makeup first ?

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Usually for me it's makeup then dress....unless it's a white or light coloured dress for as sure as fate there's a makeup disaster waiting to happen as soon as I put it on.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Connie,
    Male or female ones and does that include a bra with forms ? As it turned out I probably pitched it the right way round .
    Teresa that would include full female dress.

usually dress first - so I don't smudge the make-up putting on the dress
    luv J

Cosmetics,underwear,make up, clothes,accessories,wig and finally perfume. My wife does my nails and checks brows at the very end before I go out.

In your situation Teresa it would be more practical to go with clothes first, not knowing exactly when they arrive, i.e could be now!, and then after the delivery person arrives, either stay with them and watch, or go back in, put a towel over your shoulders and pin it in front to properly cover your clothes and put on your makeup. Why one would worry about seeing a delivery driver who you may never see again or only occasionally during the colder months without makeup on. The fact is that very few of us really hide much of anything with makeup, unless you take 2 hours to cover everything, create a new fake base color and the paint it all up. I totally get the full makeup for going out on the town where it is more appropriate and more common (most women do not put on much, if any, makeup for their daily activities, and will put it on to go out dressed up more).

In my new life I only put lipstick on all the time and maintain it through out much of the day. If one is going out, then it is obvious to complete the makeup before putting on the outer clothes because no one wants to see makeup dust in different shades all over our clothes, including us.

For me the most practical I'd make up first and if someone like in your case shows up I just got bath robe.
    That's actually the way I do if the make up would be a longer than normal one so no powder or anything fall on the dress but if a top or a louse you must pass the head, better be careful and I would do make up at the end.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Read only
    I think it depends on the circumstances. If I am in the process of going en femme I am not going to answer the door. I only wear dresses. Most of the dresses I own are put on over the head. Therefore, in order to not mess up my hair on smudge makeup the dress goes on first. However, if a woman (me) is going to wear a dress with a long back zipper, then I have seen women (my wife) step into the dress, pull it up to the shoulders, and zip. Usually my wife would stand before a mirror and apply makeup while wearing her slips and other undergarments. That would minimize the possibility of makeup falling upon the dress, especially if white or a pale pastel.

Dress first most of the time, cept if button-up blouse. Wear a LOT of pull-over tops & dresses. DO try to keep em clean. Use a wrap=around "cover"/ apron thing to keep makeup from falling onto my clothes. And-- when doing glue-on nails I put them on last. Works for me. Don't wear step-into zippered dresses or tops. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

Makeup, dress, wig....nails on last!

When I have the time, I like to put my underthings on and forms in, and then wear my silky robe while I do my makeup.
    Once I’m finished, I put on whatever outfit I will wear, then wig and jewelry.
    It’s a ritual I have come to enjoy quite a bit. Each step, an element of femininity bringing me closer to the reveal.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

My routine goes... shower, shave, moistureize, underwear, makeup, wig, outfit, shoes.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Banned Read only
    Allie,
    As it turns out I knew the delivery driver from my old address and under the circumstances not having all my makeup on didn't make a difference because he knew me from my name before I answered the door . I did walk with him back to his delivery truck to unlock my garge door to show him where to put the coal , and then we chatted for a few minutes so I had pitched it the right way round .

I always do full makeup but keep it right for everyday so if I have to pop into town it's not a problem .

I do usually do my makeup first as most others do to prevent makeup marking clothes , in the colder wether I often wear roll neck sweaters which can be a problem pulling over your head , there is a knack but I aslo hate saggy roll necks !

Sorry, Teresa -- I really did understand the question but then something happened and I forgot. Anyway, I would prefer the make-up (and hair) over the clothing since so much "male" clothing is unisex anymore and I believe I could get away with it.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Reality Check
    I usually dress first and then put on my makeup. Not because I'm expecting a visitor but because I hate the sight in the mirror of putting makeup on a man. I put on my wig before doing my makeup for the same reason. The secondary reason is so I don't get makeup on my dress or blouse as I'm pulling it over my head.
    Krisi

I like to put the outfit on first. I'm not great with matching makeup color to outfits but at least having it on, i feel like it gives me a fighting chance.

Nancy,
    I needed my coal delivery , so I couldn't ignore it .
    ”What to wear to a coal delivery?”

Definitely the first time I’ve ever seen that question!

Just kidding of course, sounds like a pleasant interaction. The oil man just fills the tank and leaves the bill.

Dress first, then makeup, then the wig.

I’ve usually dressed first, then put on makeup, so the makeup wouldn’t end up on my clothing.

It pays to learn to take one’s clothes off without smudging one’s makeup if one is switching outfits during a photo shoot.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea B View Post
    When I have the time, I like to put my underthings on and forms in, and then wear my silky robe while I do my makeup.
    Once I’m finished, I put on whatever outfit I will wear, then wig and jewelry.
    It’s a ritual I have come to enjoy quite a bit. Each step, an element of femininity bringing me closer to the reveal.
    This is my exact routine except replace the wig with extensions. I love the getting ready part especially the silky robe and panties.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Usually dress first then make up but not a set in stone kind of thing.
    Whichever is the more convenient at the time.

I totally understand the situation. I would have done makeup first with my bathrobe handy. It is a very thick terrycloth white robe and I have enough of me to fill it in.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I think you need a new alarm clock, like you need to give yourself more time.

I do make-up first. Less chance of getting it on your clothes.

My roommate had me change the code on the garage door. She was supposed to call it in to the water softener company. I hear the guy pull up, I look out, my bedroom window faces the street. Next I hear a knock at the door. I’m still in my nightgown, I grab my robe and run to open the door for him. He is in his truck ready to leave when it hit me, he still doesn’t have the new code. I run out to his truck and tell him the new code. Did anyone care, no, it is just life. Well my life anyway.

I was at this customer’s house a few months ago. She is one of the ones that had lost everything in the flood. She said she didn’t need all those clothes, all she wears is her uniform. A blouse, black legging and flats. She is a thin petite lady, this look works well for her.

Mine is a blouse, jeggings, wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Dress first for me. That's because I left enough make-up behind on clothing in my early days. My hair goes on last.
    Same here. One of the benefits, perhaps the only one of getting older, is going without full makeup anymore. My beard has gone totally white, A close shave reveals a more natural look. A close shave, dress, then a bit of lipstick and blush and I am good to go, so glad for no shadow anymore,

Banned Read only
    Eva,
    Don't let age stop you , I'm 67 and wear full makeup everyday I'm usually out somewhere doing my jobs and errands or gardening .

Eva,
    Don't let age stop you , I'm 67 and wear full makeup everyday I'm usually out somewhere doing my jobs and errands or gardening .
    Well just for grins and giggles I did full makeup this morning. You don't look 67! I am thinking of getting more age appropriate hair, I saw a beautiful wig in Paula Young, in silver starlet that would match my actual hair! Have to get it I think.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Oh and age isn't going to stop me!!