Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growing up did women ever notice your obvious interest in Feminine Clothing

Growing up did women ever notice your obvious interest in Feminine Clothing

Women are so perceptive ! It seems like I can still remember every episode of when I unconsciously gave of strong hints of my interest in girls dresses and underwear and how women responded to it. I will mention 1 of them here. and post other ones later.

The first was when I was about 8 and had to go along with my mom and sister when they were shopping for a party dress for my sister. While my mother was off to the fitting room with my sister i happened to get transfixed on this yellow party dress and started touching the puffy sleeves and then the hem. i had not noticed the old lady SA was watching me. Well the SA came over immediately and with a big smile said " oh here is one in your size lets go try it on, I bet you will look adorable in it"
    I was totally embarrassed and beat red and tried to act uninterested but she insisted she saw how interested i was in the pretty dress and held it up against me. My mother soon came out and joined in the fun teasing I was receiving. They both finally agreed that if i was a good GIRL maybe I would get the dress as a Christmas present. I would swear my mother and sister teased me for a week about the yellow dress and my mother brought up buying it every time I acted up.
    And people wonder why we are so scared to come out of the closet.

I do wonder if my mother ever put this together with other episodes as I got older to know what i was really up to

I'm sure some sales people noticed, one checkout girl made a comment once.
    I was buying a bustier, panty and stocking set and she said "you'll look lovely in these". I came right back and said, "I certainly hope so". I thought she would step on her jaw it dropped so low....LOL.

My mom found my stuff once when I was young and not much was said, then my aunt caught me with her things and told me if I wanted to dress to just ask her and she would help, but I was too scared at the time to ever accept that offer...how I wish I had.

I tried to tell my wife when we were dating. I showed a great interest in her wearing stockings, how smooth and soft they were, that they must feel wonderful on. She never took the hint. I was hoping she would have me try them on...oh well.
    Now she knows and understands what I was trying to do.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Not in the early years, but when my wife and I were dating and things were getting serious, she noticed, like Cheryl, my almost intense watching her putting on and taking off her hose. One night, after a party, drinks and all, she was taking her pantyhose off and caught me almost mesmerized watching her. After she took them off, she smiled, tossed them to me and said, “bet you’d like to wear them”. I lost control and blurted out...yes. They didn’t fit. A couple days later, she handed me a surprise package. When I looked in, there was a pair of pantyhose...my size. I couldn’t wait...my dream came through, but the dam was broken, so I confessed all...thinking she’d run. She didn’t and told me she suspected my interest in women’s clothes for some time. She said she didn’t have a problem with my dressing. I now have all my own things. I believe most all women have ESP....they know. She told me she appreciated my courage and honesty. It’s the best thing I ever did.
    I was in Macy’s buying hose, when a very nice SA asked me if I needed any help. I said “no thanks”. She smiled and said, “ you look like you know what you’re looking for.” She was right and I’m convinced she knew. Sometime later, I went back and she was there and we chatted about different brands, colors, denier, etc. I’m totally a Hanes Silk Reflections devotee.
    She asked me several other questions, which, I normally would have avoided, but she was so easy to talk to.

Thanks so much Nancy and Cheryl i had a somewhat similar experience in my early 20s with a gal I was with for about 9 months. At about the six month stage we were getting dressed for a wedding when she playfully said that I spent more time watching her put on things like her Bra, Stockings, and slip than i did taking them off. I just kind of answered that it was all kind of entertaining to me. She just gave me a funny look. About a month later I was at her place and she was folding laundry, when she left the room i spotted a pretty lacy bra within arms reach and picked it up to look at it. Before I could regain consciousness I heard her giggle and ask if I was looking for something to wear and before she could sit down she found the matching bikini panties and offered them. After laughing she suddenly said to me with a big smile, hey you told me you have two sisters so I bet you have probably tried on bras before and maybe even panties ? OMG I was beet red and she could tell despite my denials that I probably had. After teasing me a bit she reminded me again that anytime I wanted to model her bras and panties she would get a big kick out of it. Well she was a bit curvy so they would have fit but I was not that brave. LOL a month later before we broke up I did try them on they were "Sweet Nothings" very nice. So she definitely was pretty suspicious but had no idea how much I would have gladly modeled for her !

I can't think of any occasion. But when I finally told my wife about my dressing she said so many things now made sense

Banned Read only
    I think my mother noticed someone had snapped a strap to her only black bra which was in her lingerie draw. My parents did their best to catch me. Came close but no cigar.

Same with my second wife. When I told her she said that my interest in buying her fuzzy sweaters made sense.

I did my best to keep this under wraps for personal safety reasons when I was in primary and secondary school. I had enough trouble with bullying that I thought CDing would get me beaten sensless. For reasons unrelated to CDing, I have stayed away from relationships up to now.

Notice, it was obvious lol my mom caught me....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

"Blind Freddy" could have picked it!

Looking back, what was un MISSable?
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Robbiegirl, I loved your OP, I had two girl cousins that wanted to dress me up but I protested too much so it never happened. I’m still sorry about that one.
    Crissy

I used to wear my moms tights all the time. She never said anything but I assume that she had a pretty good idea lol.

I had a similar experience with a next door neighbour, I did get to try the dress on though.

My mother was quite unimpressed, I used to play dress ups with the girls next door, there were no boys nearby that I played with.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Not sure if I ever grew up but, recently a female coworker mentioned that I knew way too much about women's fashion after I complimented her.
    I just said it was the benefit of being raised around sisters. As to the OP, mom once said, ",,,and stay out of my bra drawer!"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I had a similar experience with a next door neighbour, I did get to try the dress on though.

My mother was quite unimpressed, I used to play dress ups with the girls next door, there were no boys nearby that I played with.
    Beverly would love to hear a little more Detail on this. espcially how you had the courage to wear it and what it looked like if you can remember .

My mom had some suspicions and my aunt asked me about my interests in her clothes and makeup.

My mom figured out pretty early that I was watching just a bit too closely whenever she put on her makeup. So, she would often let me wear a little as well.

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Women are so perceptive ! .....

And people wonder why we are so scared to come out of the closet.
    This post is less about women who are perceptive and more about the damage parents can cause by teasing a child about being gender creative. How to send someone into the closet in one short week.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

My aunt noticed her lipstick wasnt reset properly and asked me about it. I of course totally denied it. She was willing to show me how to apply it. I again denied everything.

The life of a closeted crossdressing teen.

This is an interesting thread for me. Not because I've had an experience like this where women in my early life noticed an interest in women's clothing. For me, my early memories are my mom and her friends and relatives commenting about how I would have been a pretty girl. My mom always wanted a girl, and I was as close as she got. I swear that the was the beginning for me--these wonderful women telling me that I would be a pretty girl.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Women are so perceptive ! ... And people wonder why we are so scared to come out of the closet. I do wonder if my mother ever put this together with other episodes as I got older to know what i was really up to
    As far as I can tell, my Mum and sisters never suspected enough to confront me or even give "that look". My wife and daughter are another story.

I take my daughter shopping often. Only once long ago did I offer advice. My daughter liked the advice and she told her mother that I displayed remarkably good fashion sense. My wife accused me of coming out to my daughter.

My wife knows that I am CD, not because she figured out anything or had some intuition, but because I foolishly believed the nonsense that there should be no secrets in a marriage.
    Last edited by abby054; 01-27-2019 at 04:57 AM.

Oh yes because I was caught.....lol
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Back in the sixties a lady relative of mine noticed I was paying too much attention to her hemline. She lifted her skirt and asked if I liked her slip. I can't remember what I answered.

Abby054, Better to be honest then to be caught flat footed.
    Georgina, Sounds like another missed opportunity in life. We all have a few of those.
    Crissy

Nah. I always acted like I hated anything feminine to throw people off the scent.

Although, that probably made some people more suspicious.