Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Irrational Fear of Shopping

never had any adverse comment from any SA about my purchases since the time I was in Penny's with over $150 worth of Items. There were plenty of people shopping but the check out was almost empty.
    We were down to the last two Items and the SA made a statement I didn't like. I just left everything there and walked out with the SA and Store Manager following me. Never went back.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 01-25-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Once in Kohl's I had an older women, maybe mid 70s give me the dirtiest look while I was sorting through panties on a rack. Other than that one incident, years of emotion free shopping.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    I'm not out. I found a way to avoid discomfort when shopping in drab. In Walmart, or other store with self checkout, I fold my purchases in my cart, with the barcode tag on top. Then all anyone sees is me scanning folded items which dissappear into the shopping bag. As yet, I do not own any big girl panties And that's ok by me.

Ineke

hello. when i was a young boy i don´t had fear of buy any female clothing. but since some years ago i have terror of someone note the cloths are for me. good tip macey, i already done that (use a list). eemz, i like your opinion. all opinions help me, thanks for the support!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aneline View Post
    I once had a cashier at a grocery store say in as sarcastic a tone as she could muster "so you just ran out of lipstick" when I mixed a small purchase for Aneline with a grocery shopping trip. I guess I should have shown her my list...
    So yeah, I hate buying stuff in stores.
    Like Vince Lombardi said, "The best defense is a good offense."

You can have a "smart" retort ready, like:

That lipstick is not for me. Do you really think that color would look good on me? I prefer a plum [or whatever your favorite color is] myself [sarcastically].

That will either shut the cashier up, or want to get into a conversation with you.

Note that I didn't even lie, as long as you believe that "me" should be interpreted as "girl me".
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eemz View Post
    [...]Unless you were in the nip or wearing a gorilla costume, in which case yes fair enough
    Hang on...let me write this down...
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I've never had a fear of shopping. I bought my own women's undies at 18. Bought practice wife some underwear that never got worn. And I've bought plenty for my wife, under and outerwear. So shopping for women's clothes? Never been an issue for me. So that extended to buying for myself. I will admit to claiming to an SA that my purchases were for my wife. But recently I shopped for makeup and just straight out told the SA it was for me. I figured she could assist me better if she was looking at what she was dealing with in terms if foundation etc. As a result there are a few shops I'm thoroughly out to despite never having shopped en femme...yet.
    I've also tried on women's shoes before purchase. Checkout assistant said nothing. All good.
    As others have said the fear is all in your head. I've even made what I consider a friend or two through opening up to an SA. They say they like how open an talkative I am, in contrast to their own hubbys. Sad that.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 01-29-2019 at 07:42 PM.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    She told me that she was very embarrassed shopping for that. I didn't really understand being embarrassed; as a GG she could be shopping for her husband, son, BF or any man without any suspicion on her. It was all in her head.
    Not sure if you remember, but a while back on the NB sub-forum, apparently there was a GG who was getting *very* nervous & embarrassed for shopping in the men's section -- considering the purchases were for "her," as they simply felt much more psychologically comfortable & natural in men's clothing.

I recall this person also being very self-conscious, concerned that people would be looking at "her," just *knowing* that they were wearing all men's clothes... When in reality, nobody was probably batting an eye.

While perhaps a bit different than some men's skimpy underwear, your post definitely rings some truth for many... That it can sometimes very well be just in our head.

I always have to go with my husband to buy clothes. The only time he went by himself, he came back with mens basketball shorts, boxing gloves (wtf lol) some food and a skirt lol.
    I think it's funny he is confident enough to go out dressed, and even shopping with me, if anyone paid attention to us they would know we were buying it for him but he can't do it by himself lol

I shop for myself even really personal things. And it't now big deal. Iv'e had comments on items like I think that will look good on you. I just say I HOPE SO!
    Angie

Wow, further to my earlier post I just remembered a funny time when I was 18. I once went to Asda and bought 3 items: a Star Trek video, a pot of jam, and my first bra. Christ knows what that cashier thought my evening was going to be like!!
    I was living with friends at the time too. Thanks heavens they didn't see what was in my bag. Lol
    Erm, just to clarify, I really like toast with jam on... 😊

On a slightly different note I was shopping in male mode today (not 'in drab' I'm a 3-piece suit-wearing peacock ladies! 😃 ) and I hit New Look (a womens clothing store for those unfamiliar), perused the sales racks and picked out a shirt I immediately liked. So I used the fitting rooms for the first time. A small milestone, sure, but a milestone nonetheless. Even better I was able to gleefully report to the SA that I needed a smaller size. Quitting booze continues to pay dividends.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 02-12-2019 at 06:51 PM.

So far my dressing has so far been limited to bra's and panties. Well I took the plunge this week & worked up the courage to go shopping for the 1st time. I went to Target, because I figured I had to start somewhere. I picked out a cute top and a denim skirt & some thigh high hose. It was time to head to the checkout lines. I was so nervous! I seriously had't thought about that option. It was so easy and quick, I was so happy to get home and dress up in a full outfit for the first time. As I was driving home, I decided I would love a pair of heels and some make-up. So I drove to another Target in town, and got what i wanted. I want home and dressed up and it was fantastic. I strutted around my condo and felt so sexy and proud of myself. net up I'll order a with online. Until then I've been working on styling my short hair in a pixie style. I'm a single bi male, and I wanted so badly to strut my stuff for a man, and show off my new look. It was very frustrating! Sorry for the off topic tangent

Its a hurdle for most of us, I still struggle but the urge to buy a dress that fits me, to relax and shop for lovely things. Even in guy mode its so harmless. Thanks for all that feedback ladies

One of the most liberating moments in my life was for the first time uttering those words “they’re for me” When the words came rolling off my tongue, the world stopped, I could hear the clock ticking and the hum of the air conditioning. I had visions of alarm bells going off and a SWAT team bursting out, but instead I got a smile of approval from the sales associate and a 1000lb burden of guilt was lifted off my shoulders. I had given myself permission to be transgender. It was an epiphany. The problem was in my head, once I got over this I was able to move forward with my evolution as a woman.