Thread: Everything Else Has

Banned Read only

Everything Else Has

Every thing else has changed over a short time in our society so is it finally our time for society to come to the realization that there are crossdresser males and why not accept them just as society has accepted crossdressing females, teenagers, lesbians, gays, straights and how they all present? Let me give two examples I encountered in the past week.

1/ In the next city we have a three tier up scale mall, expensive stores, lots of chrome and glitter. As I was walking I noticed a gold frame hanging in a place to get everyone's attention with a male model with his face and hair done up in fem. When I saw it I felt maybe designers are finally helping to ease us into acceptance. Why not wear cross gender clothing if you like it, if it makes you look and feel better, nothing wrong with it, do it? And only one person glanced at my heeled booties under my girl jeans, top, bra with forms and thong. I dressed to blend, looks like that is exactly what I did. Let's hope it happens quickly.
    2/ When looking at my computer Jockey had an add for women's string bikinis, reading the comments there were some where men had tried, bought and loved wearing these women's panties and preferred them to men's. The comments said the same things we do; skimpy, comfy, sexy, pretty. How about that! How about Jockey is trying to sell women's panties to men. What makes them "just" women's panties anyway?

Like to mention one other thing. Does wearing feminine clothes make a male less masculine? What is masculine anyway? What is being feminine? Isn't the only difference genitalia? We are all humans, why should designers define and train society what we should wear and act. Ever seen male to female makeovers. They can take some very plain males and make them into beautiful women. Same things women do to themselves to make themselves equally beautiful. So why shouldn't a person with male genitalia that wants to dress and present what society calls feminine to do so. Same for female genitalia. No discrimination when dressed, nobody's business what's under your pants or skirt.

Nothing is constant but change.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't wish to sound negative because things r getting better. But:
    Things change but things also stay the same. 150 years after the Civil War we still have racism. 100 years after women received the rite to vote they still r thot of as inferior and 2nd class citizens by many.
    Homophobia seems to be making a big come back now.

I predict the day will come when gays holding hands in public and men in dresses won't get a 2nd look. But, I doubt whether that will happen while any of us r alive!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Deebra,
    Please explain to me what you consider a “cross dressing female”. Is it a female that is trying to emulate a man? Do the CD females want to be called “sir”? Do the CD females add anything in their pants to try to make others think they are male? Do the “so called” CD females chop their hair into a super short, traditionally “man” style haircut?

Or, are you referring to females who buy pants/jeans in the women’s department? Big difference! Just my personal opinion, but I would be highly offended if someone mistook me for a man for wearing female pants!

I don’t want to make assumptions about where you live. However, Unless there is something we don’t know about your area, I believe you have every right to present as you wish. If people judge you, so be it. You can’t control the opinions of others.

Just an FYI about marketing, if a company realizes there is an untapped market someplace, they will seize the opportunity to sell more stuff. It happened with Harley Davidson when they began a marketing campaign directed at women riders creating lot of women drivers. (By the way, they are not CD females either).
    Last edited by char GG; 01-22-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Things are changing, but the one thing that probably won't change, will be the preference women have for men who look and behave like men have traditionally. I believe that it's probably hard wired into women to prefer men this way.
    While there will be some who are okay with their prospective mates behaving and dressing as female, it probably won't be widespread. Those of us who don't have a mate probably won't in the near future, at least, not a woman who's attracted to, and turned on by, a man who openly admits to feeling feminine.
    I wish it weren't so, and hope that I'm wrong, but I see no indications of male crossdressing becoming mainstream.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Deebra

"Change is here to stay" as the saying goes Hopefully for the better

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

My masculine traits. Making decisions. Wealthy enough to retire early. Steady job in a position of authority. Being able to fix all sorts of stuff.
    Feminine traits. Looks like a girl. Loves to shop. Enjoys cooking and sewing. Enjoys studying fashion. Loves to educate others. Wonderful with young kids. Avoids confrontation and arguing.

Clothing designers would LOVE to sell their wares to men - it increases their market share! - Why sell to only half the population when you can sell to Everyone!

This is a little "Tongue in Cheek" - but I hope you are right about more acceptance. Every little bit helps.

I wouldn't think wearing feminine clothes makes you less masculine, though some of my friends would disagree Personally, masculine to me means someone taking a lot of responsibility with a burden while not complaining - if you subscribe to Jordan B. Peterson's lectures anyway.

I kind of agree with you only because most women in male drab are just. There are some females who try to emulate (pass as) men and I guess they would be cross dressing females. Drag Kings for sure. I know as a cross dresser I try to emulate a female, pass as a woman, Weird I know but I get cheap thrills out of it and its fun. That does not mean I want to transition. I am to set in my ways to even think about it. Is just a weird obsession. I would say there are more female emulators, cross dressers out there than there are male emulators. So what all this means is nothing Have fun do what feels good and don't stress about the rest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    char GG, what I consider to be a CDing female is a GG that wears men's clothing. Has nothing to do with sexual preference. It could be as little as a male football jersey, boxers or men's jeans for the extra pockets and room. If she buys it in the men's department and wears it she's crossdressing. Society accepts her but if I wear girl shorts, jeans or sandles I'm either gay or something is wrong with me. Sucks doesn't it. I love how a woman looks, love how her clothes fit her body so nicely, they are form fitting, soft, colorful and feel so good on. I am not fat, I think I "look better" dressed in booties, fairly tight boot cut girl jeans, soft clingy top with breasts and makeup than sloppy guy clothes. Hate baggy men's jeans. In a perfect world if I get up one morning and feel girly I should be able to dress as described, go out and accepted just as much as a GG having colored hair. Same for GG's if they want to feel manly that day.

Alenko, pretty cool what you said, if there were women on this site they would rally up and have a protest march on Washington D.C. Like my SO says, she's right even when she is wrong. And stay out of my panty drawer but I can go in yours if I need something. With rules like that what male wouldn't want to crossover????

It’s cute that you think gays and lesbians are “accepted” by society when they don’t even have basic legal protections in some places.

Deebra
    I still disagree with you. If a female wears a football jersey or jeans with extra deep pocket, and is NOT trying to emulate being a male, then she is not crossdressing. She isn’t trying to fool anyone into thinking she is a male.

I seriously don’t know any women who wear “men’s “boxers. I’m not saying that it doesn’t happen but not practical.

I think society does accept men wearing feminine clothes- if you do it, people will make room for you, rather than arrest and/or kill you. As long as it is just explicit, and is not messing with people's emotions. And there is a price to pay: estrangement, mockery, or just indifference.

If we want society to celebrate crossdressing for people who are not celebrities- it would mean that thousands of gender-based decisions would have to be rethought- and no one is much interested in that.

Women who don football jerseys are interpreted as cute, as admirers honoring the big man hero or maybe just the team. But they don't make a point of wanting people to think of them as men or treat them as men.

Policewomen are an interesting example- wearing what are substantially identical uniforms to men- and they want people to think of them as police, not as men- rather as having the power of men. If a police woman went all out to skip the bra and add tighty whites she would be understood to be a crossdresser, but once the overclothes were on, she would be in effect underdressing and undetectable.

When I as a crossdresser want to enjoy not just the clothes, but things that are more personal and require others to change, as in wanting a man to hold a door open for me, or women to cheerfully admire my outfit, or sympathetically chat, I am going to be disappointed. It is not that theoretically I should be able to have such relationships, it is that there are very very few people who want it.

But aside from that, no one cares if I want to wear a dress!
    We are all beautiful...!

Banned Read only
    char GG help me out, if I'm appearing as my male self and not trying to emulate being a woman and I'm wearing hose, panties, heels or booties, girl jeans and girl top am I NOT crossdressing just as you say she isn't?
    Some women wear boxers to bed, a SA told me women bought colorful boxers and wore them as shorts. When it comes to self confidence women have more ba**s than male CD's, good for them. That said, think about this: if male CD's did what they have done wouldn't we be on the same level of acceptance as them????

Micki, 3 people walking in the mall, 2 lesbians and a male crossdresser; who would get the worst looks?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Oh my goodness! Let's put this notion that CD GG's and men r on the same level. They aren't and my never be!

In the USA many people feel THREATENED and/or FRIGHTENED by male CD's. They aren't by CDing females. Period!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

OK I have a solution.

I give you all permission to wear whatever you want.

There, you all feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    char GG, what I consider to be a CDing female is a GG that wears men's clothing. Has nothing to do with sexual preference. It could be as little as a male football jersey, boxers or men's jeans for the extra pockets and room. If she buys it in the men's department and wears it she's crossdressing. Society accepts her but if I wear girl shorts, jeans or sandles I'm either gay or something is wrong with me. Sucks doesn't it. I love how a woman looks, love how her clothes fit her body so nicely, they are form fitting, soft, colorful and feel so good on. I am not fat, I think I "look better" dressed in booties, fairly tight boot cut girl jeans, soft clingy top with breasts and makeup than sloppy guy clothes. Hate baggy men's jeans. In a perfect world if I get up one morning and feel girly I should be able to dress as described, go out and accepted just as much as a GG having colored hair. Same for GG's if they want to feel manly that day.
    I have been here for several months now and this point of view has been repeated time and time again. Let me make it clear to all who hold it. I wear trousers the majority of the time. I have NEVER bought them from the male section of a store. I have NEVER stuffed rolled up socks down the front of them to pretend I have a body part that I am missing. I have NEVER wore a wig, prosthetics or otherwise to attempt to deceive those who glance at me while I am interacting with the public so that I can be perceived as the opposite sex. And the vast majority of women don't either. Therefore, I have NEVER crossdressed. You repeating the same fairytale does not make it true. But I also understand that in some people's mind, attempting to point fingers to others and coming up with such fairytales is necessary to justify their actions in their heads. I have read numerous threads in this forum about if you would wear it if it was made for men. Dresses and skirts. And the vast majority of you said NO. So the issue isn't with the clothes. It's with the fact that it's assosiated and made for women. Make your peace with that and move on.
    I will remind you of the women's movement who fought hard, was ostracized and ridiculed for years, lost their families and some even lost their lives for this right. You want the same right? You have to pay the same price. It's as simple as that.
    Despite appearances, I stand with you. You SHOULD wear what you want. I have always and will always defend people's right to wear/be whatever they want. Does it mean I would be attracted to you? No. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't be yourself. Make the choice and pay the price. Life has always been like that and fairytales don't make it any different.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I dunno, maybe I'm weird, but whenever I want to know what a word means? I head on over to the dictionary.

And to be honest, I've *never* seen the word "crossdress" to be officially defined as emulating, or impersonating, or trying to fool someone, or any such thing.

Nope. Instead, it's merely wearing clothing of the opposite sex / a different gender.

That's it.

Stranger yet, they never seem to give specifics. Like, "To be considered a crossdresser, a natal male (and only one who identifies as such) should be wearing at least 51% of women's clothing, which must include at least 2 of the following: Heels, dress, hosiery, skirt, panties and/or bra. Oh, and Double-Bonus Points for wearing a legit corset! "

It seems what some fail to understand sometimes, is that the word "crossdress" is actually very simple & basic.

For example: Some dude throws on a pair of panties while behind closed doors & curtains, has a "little fun" by himself, then calls it a night? Yep, according to the dictionary, he was crossdressing, believe it or not.

Of course, that is only one form/variety/type of CD'ing.
    Guess what? There are *many*... All different kinds, for all different kinds of people, in fact!

Crossdressing has no specific cause or intention or motive. Nor is there a specific "level" one must meet. And one can do it anytime, anywhere, and any which way their little heart desires -- for whatever reason or purpose, or lack thereof.

Extra-credit question: Are there any opposite sexes or different genders from a GG?

Anyway, come on... If something is specifically designed for, produced for, and marketed & typically sold to a certain sex/gender or another? And you are *not* that sex/gender? Yet... You wear it, anyway?

Guess what? According to the dictionary, you're crossdressing.

Yes, women first responders typically wear uniforms designed originally for men, because they have the pockets needed for the job! But, they are just wearing the clothes required to do their job properly.