Thread: Sometimes you just have to smile...

Sometimes you just have to smile...

Thought I'd share something that happened to me the other day that I found slightly amusing. I hope you do as well...

I stopped by my favorite sports bar/restaurant the other day only to discover they were having a lingerie dress-up. - Oh, darn, right?
    Waitresses were running around in lacy bras and panties, some with stockings and garters, you get the idea.
    I couldn't help but smile when I noticed my waitress was wearing the same matching bra and panty set as me.
    I didn't say anything and will readily admit that she looked a LOT better in them than I ever will.

Just one of life's little secret pleasures...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I think I might do more than just smile I might have to giggle out loud.... Your right though we all need a good smile giggle and even a laugh out loud sometimes doing what we do.

I often wonder if anyone in the bar knows that I have the nicest lingerie on in the whole place! What would they think?

Gold Member
    I remember years ago, a bar I would visit next to where I was working, (Construction) had a Bathing Suit Night.
    The would raffle off Bikini's to a winner, while trying to sell them. Yes all the girls looked very nice, and I would win
    on occasion, but they never had a suit that would fit me. SO SAD!!!
    Rader

That kind of stuff has me wondering if the ladies were instructed to dress that way on pain of being fired. I find this sort of thing disrespectful and worse than requiring the waitresses to wear high heels for work everyday. That in itself is an ankle injury waiting to happen, IMO.

Thanks for the smile Shelby. I have seen the same pair of heels as mine on ladies before, but they were just a payless special.

Shelby, That sounds like a wonderful time and to see your same bra and panty set in a very nice lady is icing on the cake.
    Crissy

My biggest surprise when a lady came up behind me and said "that dress looks fabulous on you, why can't I look like that".

We were wearing the same dress and yes I am a twelve and the other lady was an eighteen or more.

Gee! did I get a fright for a moment. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know what you mean. Recently, we went to dinner with friends. My wife and her friend we’re talking about some female inconveniences, like time to put makeup on, nail polish, etc. yes...I just smiled. I have the same pair of shoes as another of her friends...I just smiled.

Shelby, I went to a dress last spring and a women was wearing a dress that I own.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That is so cool. It wouls put a smile on my face.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    That kind of stuff has me wondering if the ladies were instructed to dress that way on pain of being fired.
    Yes, this unpleasant thought occurred to me as well.
    Last edited by Krea; 02-11-2019 at 08:34 AM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    That kind of stuff has me wondering if the ladies were instructed to dress that way on pain of being fired. I find this sort of thing disrespectful and worse than requiring the waitresses to wear high heels for work everyday. That in itself is an ankle injury waiting to happen, IMO.
    This was my thought. There are “gentlemean’s sports bars” around here and if it’s a place like that where the girls knew what they were getting into, then great, but if it was a situation like this...

I have the face of Popeye (ugugugugug), and the body of Olive Oyl. Oh woe is me.

I've had a couple of times .... I used to do amateur theater and had a blue dress that I loved as it had long sleeves and a high neckline. Turns out one of the theatre "stars", an older lady, kind of a diva had the same dress and was playing the lead in Gypse and was wearing the same one from her personal wardrobe. The other time was when I with my first wife I insisted I needed to have Easter dress. We went to The Penny's outlet and I bought a colorful dress and deemed it my Easter dress. One day a few months later, my wife and I were out to lunch at Burger King and we saw a woman wearing the same dress. We both chuckled a bit.

A 'lingerie night' at a bar? Dear christ.
    It's 2019 and I'm all for women working how they want, including flat out sex work. Why not? Hell I felt I prostituted myself in most jobs. But when it's not the actual job, but something shoehorned in? In the era of #metoo? Are you kidding me? I'm with Giuseppina, Krea, and Micki. SMH

However, I'll readily sympathise with the wry thrill of knowing something others don't. I've often had things in my life that had me thinking 'if they only knew..'.