Thread: Daytime Drive Fail.

Daytime Drive Fail.

So i decided late this afternoon that i would go for my 2nd ever daytime drive!
    Really excited, however, i took so long getting ready it was pretty much dark when i left.
    On the plus side, i walked down to the car and didnt really care who may have seen me.
    Nosey neighbours probably but i really dont care anymore.
    What can they do?
    I enjoyed a night drive instead.
    Only local but i have now decided that if the car breaks down then i will lock it up and walk home.
    It wont be easy but i will have no choice so sod it.

I have had that problem before and luckily I could solve it the same way was only about a mile from home Just don't get to far from home or you could uber the driver won't care
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Congrats, It is a bit of a rush getting out and about isn't it. I always have a "Bail Out Bag" just incase something happens to the car, who wants to have to work on the car in a nice dress and heels anyway.

I was going to say I never did a day time drive then I remember thee time I put on all the foundation rigging, nude pantie-hose, a gray felt knee length skirt, a dark green sweater over a red short sleeved top, green 4" heels, and a dishwater blonde wig on a Sunday and went to a very public but which I thought was a secluded spot and took photos. I used my phone with delay timer and my auto as the tripod. I took some 55 shots. Then I drove over to Staples Office Supply and went in for over 30 min. I was going to go to Kohl's but they were closed.
    But the feeling was still the same "some fear, some thrill". and the feeling when I got home of "WOW I really did it?" and "What was I thinking?" I haven't done it since and that was 1.5 years ago. I won't be do it today, it is pouring down rain and I'm still recovering from a flu virus.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Kym...sounds like you had a wonderful time, and I don't think that you will have any issues going out driving. I know that feeling when it takes so long to get dressed that time goes by and now its a different part of the day and your surroundings change. But I have to ask...is there a serious problem with your car, as you mention that you would have to lock it up and walk home? That can't be good if you have to worry about breaking down when you go out for a drive...

I second having a "bailout bag". I used to carry one all the time. It consisted of a wrinkle free loose shirt, baggy pants, a pair of comfortable everyday shoes, socks and a medium weight jacket. I also put work gloves over the spare tire so that I could at least keep my hands relatively clean if I had a flat tire. I also planned to put in a workers overall jump suit, so that I could slip that on over anything I was wearing to change a tire or do something in an emergency that would get me dirty. Alas, that never happened because I could never find a cheap used on online and then I just came out to everyone making everything so much easier. Changing in the car is not as hard as it seems, unless you barely fit in the car in the first place. I changed MtF and then later FtM many times in the past!

Maria, there is nothing wrong with the car, its just an older car, but its in good shape.
    Although it has had most things replaced, i just woudnt want to mess about with it in a Lbd and full make up.
    Somebody changing clothes in a car and would look a bit wierd round here, so i will just walk.

anyone tried using some of those folding reflector screens for the front windo wile changing?
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Kym,

Yep, we fear the worst but in reality if dressed in drab we wouldn't give it a second thought. You do of course have the option of even though it's a night time drive of parking somewhere (safe) and just walking even a few yards away from the steel safety cell to experience that sense of freedom. This is how so many of us got started, me included. Now I'll happily mingle with the muggles day in, day out. Just go at your own pace and things will move on.

EDIT: after reading this post I read this by Tamara Marie; So,I finally took the plunge. It’s taken me such a long time to build up the courage,but I finally stepped out that front door. I’ve been building up to this for weeks & I’m thrilled that I actually done it.
    There’s been many times where I’ve dressed up & planned to take that huge step,but I’ve always backed out at the last minute. However, today I actually thought ‘I’m doing it’ & so I did.
    I’ve always been a bit apprehensive about the neighbours seeing me, but most of them seemed to be at work so I don’t think I was seen. Although as I got in my car I noticed someone in the window in the row of houses opposite me, whether he realised or not I don’t know.
    I took a drive & pulled up & took a walk in the park. I then drove to a superstore & parked in the car park & walked through it to use the cash point at the front of the store. There were people about going about their daily business & there was even someone using the cash point next to me. I didn’t notice anyone clocking me.
    I then drove to the petrol station & filled my car up & paid by card at the pump,again I don’t think I was noticed. I then drove home,pulled up & walked into my house.
    First small steps taken today & it was exhilarating. I’m proud of myself having actually achieved this today & Im looking forward to the next time.

Kym,
    This for me encapsulates what so many have experienced while taking those first steps. No mobs, no noose, no pitchforks. And from a fellow UK gurl. Demonstrates just what's possible.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 01-23-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Kym, I'm glad you still enjoyed the night drive. I was brave once for a daytime drive and ended up on lonely desert highways. It didn't pan out the way I wanted either. I also carried a "bail out bag" until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    anyone tried using some of those folding reflector screens for the front windo wile changing?
    When I was worried about what my many neighbors would think, I’d go out in a hat, big sunglasses, long cost, sweat pants and running shoes. Easy enough to change into the wig, shoes etc. No one apparently took notice.

In my new neighborhood I believe I could walk up and down the street in a clown suit and no one would take notice.

One thing you should do, try and buy a reliable car. :-)

Enjoy the rest of your outings in the future.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You need to get an earlier start next time.
    I was out today and went to Lowe's to get some 18 volt batteries fro my Dewalt power tools.
    Got a few reciprocating saw blades and some screwdriver bits too.
    The nice young guy helped me find everything I needed.
    The older lady cashier was super nice too she commented on my boots and I said I hope it stops raining I hate to get these boots wet. She said yeah those boots are too nice to ruin walking in the rain.

Definitely carry a bail out bag. Jeans, sweatshirt, sneakers, cash, make-up remover, (usually a dozen fresh make-up cleansing wipes in a plastic baggie with a small vial of eyeliner remover). I was going out one night and the check engine light came on about 5 miles from home and the engine started running rough. I limped home with a rough engine, but I had my bail-out bag with me in the event I had to walk. But always remember, you are doing noting illegal.

Just a thought ,
    If you really want a true , real fem experience !
    Why carry a bail out bag ?
    Women usually deal with what ever comes up
    Dressed pretty much as they came ?

Jean Ann

Banned Read only
    I take evening drives. I do carry along a "bailout bag" as it is being described here. I also stay off Interstate 5. The last thing I would want to happen is having some sort of breakdown and having to pull off to the shoulder to change a tire. I don't think I would like to have passing cars' headlights shining over me in a dress. Maybe some gentleman would stop to change my tire. Wouldn't that be sweet! Ugh!

When I do take my evening drives I end up in a quiet residential neighborhood, park the car, and, take a stroll. It is a very safe area. If you want some reason to leave the car I may suggest creating some reason. My first baby steps was to stop to retrieve a free newspaper or return a library book to the night drop off slot or mail a letter or buy a can of soda from an outside vending machine. It helps in building courage for increasing longer jaunts on foot. When I do take a stroll in the residential neighborhood I carry a tote or bag with the name of the local grocery store on it. I also found walking on concrete with high heels tires the feet and can ruin the heels. I wear a wedge with a two inch rise and a rubber sole which also deadens the noise/clicking of the heel. You'd be surprised how loud a heel can be on a concrete sidewalk in the quiet of a cool night.

Glad you had a good time.

It’s not so much that the drive was late, but that the decision to drive was late. Having things ready in advance may help you make better use of your time.

I must say, though, that part of the appeal of driving dressed is that it doesn’t really need as much preparation as going out dressed in public. Do you have a preparation routine?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Kym,
    So you couldn't do the twenty minute deadline I was set bt sister in law ?? I must admit when I took my first drive many moons ago it occured to me several miles from home that I didn't have stitch of male clothes and it really was too far to walk !

By the way I have some very good friends in Basingstoke , they know all about me but have only seen my pictures , so you do have a few TG friendly residents in your town .

Reality Check
    How often does your car break down? Is this something you worry about every time you drive somewhere?

Carrying a bag with male clothing and such is not a bad idea, I just have what I left the house in as I leave as a male and change in the car. That and paper towels to wipe off the makeup before I come home.

For me though, there's not much "thrill" anymore in just driving. I drive to get someplace and then get out and walk. The mall, the park, the tourist part of town, etc.
    Krisi

Krisi, my car seems to fail me about once a year so its not that bad.
    However its always at the back of my mind.

Teresa, i cant beat 40 mins to go from guy to girl, prob nearer an hour usually.

Helen, i think i will actually get out of the car next time and do a walk.
    I did recently and stood on a train station platform for about 60 seconds then became apprehensive. God knows why..

Driving is a rush though. That glimpse in the mirror when you first get in!

I had a car that like to fail at the start of fall. It turned out to be corrosion inside the battery cable coverings. Replaced the cable from the battery to the alternator. Electricity runs on the outside of a cable, not inside. The corrision is on the outside and acts as a resister.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this: