Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing and crossdreaming

Crossdressing and crossdreaming

Hi

I know that most of us will have some sort of restriction on the amount of time we have available to crossdress but I was wondering what others do during those periods when yo can't.

I know that crossdressing isn't always far from the front of my mind. I am bombarded with images of beautiful women and quite often wonder what it would be like to be dressed as them.

Do others fantasise and cross dream or do they find they can go long periods with even thinking about crossdressing?

Katie x

I suspect I cross dream quite often

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Rarely ever dream about it because I dress everyday,some days its more female than male.

Banned Read only
    Katie,
    I feel you are using this term in two different ways . One you appear to be suggesting if you can't dress do you dream about it ? The other use of crossdreaming is often used as an alternative to AGP ( Autogynephilia ).

It's not a debate I really want to open up but I know from the age of 8-9 I had AGP but I don't relate to the crossdreaming alternative as it suggests it's not real which for me it is .

If it's simply about dreaming about CDing then I don't because I'm full time , I tend to think or half dream about putting outfits together .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-26-2019 at 03:24 AM.

I'm lucky enough to be able to forget crossdressing if I have an interesting project.
    Today I had to repair my daughters car engine and only restarted thinking about crossdressing after I did a test run of the car.
    If my project or time gets a bit boring, then I think about dressing.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Since accepting and finally acting upon my dressing urges, I have had so many makeovers (well, three) and pictures of me dolled up that I have enough material to feed my daydreams until I can finally dress again.

Of course, I never have to wait more than a few hours until I can dress again.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Katie,
    I feel you are using this term in two different ways . One you appear to be suggesting if you can't dress do you dream about it ? The other use of crossdreaming is often used as an alternative to AGP ( Autogynephilia ).

I am aware that the term can also be used in describing AGP but in this context it doesn't have to be sexual. My mind wanders and I think about outfits I'd like to wear. I'm often inspired by what other women I see are wearing but it is pretty constant. I do have time when I'm concentrating on other things that it is not at forefront of my mind and also when I'm dressed!

I guess it's a coping mechanism between time that I can't dress to imagine how it would be to be dressed in a particular way. Sometimes just browsing online women's wear makes me feel better.

Katie x

I actually make an effort to dream of cross-dressing.
    It's been hard to find time to cross-dress but I'm able to do some dress shopping which satisfies some of the desire.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Katie, because my step daughter lives with us and I am definitely not out to her, so I have periods of non dressing. I dream regularly about crossdressing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    "Cross-dreaming". Love that! I do that a fair bit, because I still work full-time, and only get the opportunity to dress at weekends. I'm too tired during the week, although I have done it on occasion. So, I do fantasize about getting dressed. I also do much more when I have new stuff on order.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Once in a while I have one of those dreams that I'm partially cross dressed in front of others. It's like I've been caught but nobody says anything!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Reality Check
    I know that most of us will have some sort of restriction on the amount of time we have available to crossdress but I was wondering what others do during those periods when yo can't.
    I have a life as a male so I am able to occupy my time with "male" tasks. I do not obsess over crossdressing.
    Krisi

Dream about it a lot. Funny, it usually occurs when I haven't had a chance to do real life dressing. When wife and I wake up we often tell each other about what we dreamed about the previous night. She knows I dress when ever I can. I usually don't tell her those dreams though,

I cannot and never have been able to go for long periods without either or both dressing and/or thinking (dreaming) about dressing. We live in a small, quiet conservative community, consequently my/our going out activities are very limited. There are not many opened minded people around here. While my lovely wife is totally supportive of my dressing, she draws the line at going out. I have to agree as getting caught would be a social, work and financial fiasco...probably never recoverable. We’ve cautiously ventured out after dark, to malls in nearby towns and cities, but even then we’ve seen people we know, who didn’t see us, but it startled us. With this, my cross dreaming is mostly about having the freedom to go out with no fear of consequences. I’m not sure that day will ever come.

I maybe fantasised about dressing when I was ten to fourteen.

After that I always found an outlet for my dressing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh Yes ! Early in the morning when I can't sleep and it too early to get out of bed. I have all sorts of scenarios in my head going as far back as the Wild West. LOL

Katie,

I can't fully dress that regularly in fact I keep a journal which gets filled in sporadically depending upon what's taken place. I use several shorthand terms to describe my level of dressing, PF; partly femme, this means I got to wear a skirt and top around the house for a few hours. FF; Fully femme, meaning I'm in wig, forms, skirt, top or dress and heels. What I don't get is the opportunity to put on makeup unless I get the rare opportunities to go out and about.

I manage to squeeze in an hour or two's PF quite regularly, FF perhaps once a week. In between I'll underdress, knickers and tights most days and staying in touch with my desires to be totally dressed by online window shopping. I made a pact with myself I'd now only buy in person (unless there's a real bargain of course) so I keep track of what's fashionable and put together a picture of what I need to keep my wardrobe updated.

One other thing I find useful is to go on YouTube to find videos of other CD'ers going out and about (search crossdressers public). Some, this is where the jealousy kicks in, are just drop dead gorgeous going right along the spectrum to those who fetish dress and are more about exhibitionism. Thankfully in the middle are those who take the time to present well with the intention of just blending into the crowd. It's these that give me something to both look back on regarding my adventures and also look forward to knowing I'll be out there eventually to.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    I hardly recall any of my dreams. Something has to awaken me for me to remember. That's usually a too early of a telemarketing call. Then the dreams are usually nasty and nothing to do with wearing women's clothing. I do fantasize about cross dressing before I fall asleep. Those can get a little raunchy. There are extended periods of time when I do not have the opportunity to be en femme. How do I take up the slack? First, I'm on the site multiple times a day. Secondly, I am on ebay and other sites looking for panties to buy. I do amass pretty slips, but, ebay offerings have been rather sparse lately, and, the bidding has been unrealistic. So, what's a girl gonna do? I've been searching for different colors of my favorite panties. For one style I've collected 29 different colors. The other style I have not tabulated yet. I also peruse e-commerce sites for dress sales. I like JC Penny for that.

I have to go along with Krisi. I do have a male life with plenty of activities to fill my day. I do not obsess about crossdressing or looking pretty. I rather like not shaving for several days and looking scruffy.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Katie, I gave up "crossdreamimg" years ago. When I see or imagine a woman I want to copy? I don't just dress like her, I become her!

Here I am in Cambodia "becoming" Angela Jolie at Angkor Wat!

P1040670 (5) (624x640).jpg

I am Mary Poppins in my avatar!
    I strongly recommend u emulating the women u admire!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Crossdressing is always somewhere on my mind fading in and out, thinking of the possibilities and looking forward to the next opportunity which at times can be months. Seeing women in fun outfits always stirs the imagination too. I do have photos of past fun dressing experiences and events I attended that I look back on and find that a source of fun memories. I feel fortunate that I can weather the dry spells as I know there are many who cannot and struggle with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Once in a while I have one of those dreams that I'm partially cross dressed in front of others. It's like I've been caught but nobody says anything!
    That's interesting because I have those same type of dreams. Sometimes I'm fully dressed, sometimes not, but I definitely remember people not caring. It's probably a combination of what we desire and also know to be mostly true.

Yes, married with a growing active family and an overall very busy lifestyle.
    Very limited time to ever fully dress, maybe 4-5 times per year.
    Sometimes I go weeks with no type of underdressing either, other than very plain old black panties...nothing special, and almost passable as mens.
    And that doesn't really feel like anything more than just normal and comfortable now.

And so, yes, there is a LOT of thinking time about it! Especially when driving while alone.
    It doesn't really ever go away, but it does sort of ramp-up more so at different times.
    Lots of dreaming time, and flash reminders when seeing images, TV, movies and things in real life.
    LOTS of thinking time! It gets very frustrating too.
    Sometimes I have to sort of say, or mumble something, to my wife (we are mostly DADT) about me needing a little "my-time" as a way of hinting about it.
    That doesn't always mean something will happen, but I try to make it known when it is really bothering me. Obviously not every time!!!
    It's not the best system, but I'm thankful at least there is something other than nothing.
    Last edited by Stephanie D; 02-01-2019 at 02:09 PM. Reason: (grammar)

Lately I can't stop thinking about it. Usually I only get one day a year. Some years more, but at least one.

When I only get the one day, I can let it go for long periods. Sometimes the urge strikes and I yearn to dress again but I have to wait.

As for actual dreams, I find I'll dream about CD'ing once in a while. The funny thing is, it's almost always about nail polish. Not clothes or makeup. It typically focuses on hiding my nails in some way. Either rushing to take it off or worrying about someone finding out.

Nicole

Fortunately, I don't have to go for extended periods where I have no access to dressing up. In the past, however, I either daydreamed about it (usually stimulated by reading women's magazines like glamour, cosmo, etc.) or just watched the pretty women walking around in public, wondering how it would feel to be one of them dresses as they were.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Do what you can, when you can. Even the small things help. PS, Lexi, you are awesome!!!