Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1960s - 70s Penneys & Sears Catalogs did you find them Mesmerizing & Inspiring ?

Oh yes I had a stash of those catalogues and hid them in the barn. I used to set and look and wish. Those silk slips, garters and hose just turned me on to wanting to get into moms under garment drawer when she was gone to town.

Too funny! Yes, I think I was jumping all over the Sunday paper ads for a few different reasons than all of my brothers.
    And I could just hear my parents asking themselves: Why is the underwear section of the Sear's catalog all dog-eared and some pages missing?
    It's amazing to think back then, what was "available" and what you did to try and feed the cravings?
    Anyone remember trying to "unscramble" the scrambled pay stations hoping for a few sections of clear view?
    Then a little later, when the boutique-stores starting having their own women's clothing catalogs...it was like heaven!!
    But I had to wait for my Mom to finish reading it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark View Post
    I used to save screen shots of scanned catalogue pages. There are several websites outthere devoted to the catalouges. Arden's are the best... Attachment 300997
    Attachment 300998
    Thanks for the additional pics,Ozark! It's interesting that you mentioned websites devoted to catalogs. I wondered about that at the time of the OP. I'm going to have to Google it! Thanks for sharing.

Aspiring Member
    I remember of the 3; Sears, Wards, and JcPenney, JcPenney had the better selection of lingerie at the time. many of their dresses were more attractive too. I only wish I could order stockings in the variety of colors that I remember in those catalogs. They would have been the sheer stretch kind in that time period. Much more forgiving and easier to wear than full fashion stockings. Cheaper too! That would have been late 70s and early 80s. There seemed to be a time when they had some really attractive items ......then in later years it seemed like they just had "everyday" underwear.

My family purchased a lot of merchandise from those companies. Too bad those companies are now all but dust and a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    There are literally 100s of these items sold on Ebay everyday, I wonder who is buying them and wearing them ?
    There's a particular girdle/panty briefer that Sears had, which is firm control, with a zipper going up the front with a hook and eye crotch . I've had one since the seventies, other than for a brief (bad pun, there) time when they no longer carried them and when I again found it on ebay. There are occasionally other things that show up, which my sister wore back in the day, that feel nice to wear, too.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The website retrospace.org has a bunch of vintage catalog scans, though the site navigation isn't the greatest. Lots of fun stuff to browse through.

Aspiring Member
    We didn't have jc penney, but we did have the sears catalogue. Browsing the catalogue as a kid, when there were people around I would just look at the toy section (star wars, Atari video games). When no one was around, I would flip to the women's section, and stare lovingly at the gorgeous clothing. My favourite was the undergarments like the panties/shapewear/slips (especially full). And so a certain extent, the swimwear section. I guess that would explain my collection of women's swimsuits now.

Very Very Bad! LOL
    I remember the Sears Specialty Catalogs, I would look through the Bridal one and wish I had some of those dresses!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I wonder what the % of males that liked the Sears, JC Penny and the Sunday circulars lingerie ads went on to be CD’s?
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    I wonder what the % of males that liked the Sears, JC Penny and the Sunday circulars lingerie ads went on to be CD’s?
    I wonder about that also ??? The descriptions like " SWEET DREAMS" always made it seem like the Girls were getting the better end of the deal when it came to fun and comfy sleeping material !

ling 1.jpg

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    In the UK in their 70s heyday was the catalogue rep that came to your house,totally forgot the name of said catalogue,maybe someone UK based can help me out?.when that seasons book was finished I used to fish it from the bin and tear out stuff I liked,building up quite a collection in the process.well they couldn't stop me daydreaming

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Oh MY YES!

I loved the read and peruse those catalogs. Sears, JC Penny and Montgomery Wards. What fun. My interest in the girdle adds was intense.

Aspiring Member
    tumblr_pjrwwu5xDh1tjwl0w_1280.jpgtumblr_pkeqo7ed8i1w4lbnjo2_1280.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]good old google search girdles like this ?
    the idea that the girdles were so structured they needed a bunch of hooks and a zipper to get into , means with out undoing all the hooks and zippers you were traped !tumblr_p8p06zpBca1v29szxo3_1280.jpg well just delayed from undressing, but one hook on that back hooked long line bra that's on over that padded out body briefer is going to cause your secret to be discovered , The panty girdle thats on under it is just going to make her punishment of your crossdressing experimentation be that much longer and more involved....very likely involving the same you were caught in...along with whatever's in your stach of pictures tumblr_nuskkuI2UM1tajstlo1_1280.jpg it could last the number of months = the number of girdles/bra's/hose/panties you were in , 10 hours a day three days a week, and if your grades are down 18 hrs on the weekend too ...if you have to sleep in them to get your hours in ...oooh well> you wanted to know what it was like to wear them...
    Last edited by suit; 02-03-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Suit, Those are some very nice pictures, thanks!
    Crissy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its just seems odd that 30 year olds on up still have that adolescent lingerie catalog fixation.
    Almost creepy in a way for adult men to have never grown up and still objectify women.
    It is what it is and I'm not dogging anyone personally because its your deal not mine.

Lacey hit the nail on the head. My fantasy was the same being locked in the store by myself. I also had pages remembered but also knew the location of every lingerie section in all the places when shopping with my mom. Of coarse I always complained about shopping but I couldn't wait to get to the lingerie section. Glad I didn't have tunnel vision

Yes, loved the Penny's and Sears catalogs women's clothing and lingerie sections and as a young crossdresser, I would gaze at the beautiful dresses, slips, bras, panties, stockings and nightwear and fantasize I was wearing them! Nowadays, I love wearing my vintage slips from the golden age!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Its just seems odd that 30 year olds on up still have that adolescent lingerie catalog fixation.
    Almost creepy in a way for adult men to have never grown up and still objectify women.
    It is what it is and I'm not dogging anyone personally because its your deal not mine.
    Traci Please do not refer to me as creepy again ! Its rude and you don't know me so please don't Judge me. As a matter of fact I would greatly appreciate it if you would not respond to my threads. I will promise to not read yours.

Some of us enjoy seeing beautiful women especially in Lingerie. I don't think I deserve to be criticized for that.

lingerie.jpg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Geez you could have sent me that in a PM Robbie.
    I just question things sometime but I did say it is what it is so that was not enough?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-04-2019 at 11:43 PM.

I haven't thought about these catalogs in forever.

Yes, I enjoyed them but not in a "i get to see girls in skivvies" kind of way. I was already exposed to penthouse by then so there were easier ways to get my kicks.

I enjoyed them in an admiration kind of way, the models all just looked so confident, and I wanted to be a part of that before I even knew I wanted to be a part of that.

Loved the ads. I think it would of been obvious what catalog pages were looked at most.

Funny - I first discovered those magazines when I was still a kid, and while I found the women's lingerie section interesting, I was more drawn to the girls' clothing.
    And no, not for 'thrills'... I wanted to look at all the pretty things that I wished I could have.

Needless to say, at that age, I never did more than dream about those beautiful things

I can still vividly remember enjoying the lingerie sections and who knew it was the start of things.
    Crissy

Wait! There was a softer side to SEARS? Ours just shut its doors. I still have my stacks of Frederick's of Hollywood before the acquisition. I look back on them to remind me of what I bought and for how much...

...not anymore.

joni

So sorry I forgot about Fredericks of Hollywood ! With their Harem Girl outfits and Nighties

!fred.jpg