Thread: Is it or not or what difference does it make

Is it or not or what difference does it make

I am a 60+ CD that started cd’ing when I was 4 or 5 (I think that is about how old I was...I do not remember a lot). I just remember wearing my older sisters “leotards” (which now are called tights).

My wife of 40+ years has known about my cd’ing for 18 years and is moderately tolerant.

My basic “look” is high heels, pantyhose, miniskirt or dress, bra and top. I also love opaque black tights and leggings.

As we live in Canada and we have retired and live in the mountains we have a lot of winter. I have a few pairs of leggings (I love Lululemon btw) which as mentioned are part of my look (leggings, boots, top). I have in the past few years started wearing my leggings as “long Johns” or “man tights” which is quite acceptable now.

I love it because now once I get home from whatever outside activity we have done I take my outer layer off and stay in my leggings...perfect!

I just love how comfortable leggings are...I do not really consider it cd’ing but my question is: is it cd’ing or not???...or who cares??? As a side my wife accepts my use of “man tights” and has not said anything about me wearing them as such...

...thoughts???

It completely depends on how you see it. CD is more a state of mind , than it is about the clothes.

And when it becomes just you, everyone accepts it. In fact it is expected. It's just life. At some point are you no longer a CD?

To me I will aways be a CD. Altho I prefer TG Person. Just me.

Niki, really the only opinions that count are your's and your wife's. No, it's not wearing a dress or skirt, but if it makes you happy who cares.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I, for one, am thrilled that leggings are back in fashion... and I honestly think they wil stay in fashion because they’re so affordable, comfortable, and seen acceptable clothing in just about any setting or event... for gym, yoga, etc... and also running errands or grabbing coffee or lunch and looking like you’re heading to the gym afterwards, and also dressed up with a sexy blouse and high heels or boots, they look incredible at clubs, bars, parties, concerts, etc...

Like it or not, leggings are here to stay... and I’m thrilled about it. When I first started seeing them being worn again them several years ago, I thought it might not last because there were so many women on my Facebook feed that were posting saying that they “weren’t pants” and weren’t to be worn outside of the gym...

But with the active lifestyle so many are adopting, (especially where I live in Colorado) they’re more commonly seen than jeans or skirts or women these days.

Now, as far as being seen on guys, I don’t really see it in the city. However, I do see them when I go up to the mountains snowboarding... some guys wear leggings/tights under their heavy snow pants... I know that when it’s really cold outside, I sometimes wear my wet look leggings under my burton snowboard pants... so I guess in cold, snowy regions like you’re in, it’s more common to see.

As far as if it’s crossdressing or not, as many on here will say, who cares? and/or I’m not sure it really matters..., but since you’re asking, I personally don’t think it is CDing if it’s just worn like what you’re saying... now if you dressed it up with a blouse, and high heel knee boots, etc... then I guess it is...

Unless I’m riding alone, I don’t usually take off my snowboard pants and wear my leggings as all of mine are exclusively shiny, wet-look leggings... I don’t t do the opaque look... actually it’s like that with my entire femme wardrobe... if it’s not shiny, it’s not there... lol. But I have shiny, wet look in black, red, silver, gold, gunmetal, burgundy, green, electric blue, etc.. and in just about every fabric style... lame’, cire’, vinyl, faux leather, faux rubber, wet-look, etc.., I have literally over 100 pair because I love the look of leggings SO much and it doesn’t require the leg hair maintenance of skirts! Lol. Plus I have them in tight, skinny, flare leg, bell bottom, zippered ankles, slit ankles, cut outs, crotchless, assless, high waisted, low rise, front to back zipper, etc... I may have more than I need, but they’re such a big part of my femme dressing style,... sizing is so much easier than other femme clothes, and buying them on eBay, they’re unbelievably cheap!

But remember that nobody would probably give it a second thought unless you specifically told them that you bought them at LuLulemon.
    Last edited by SHINY-J; 01-27-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Gold Member
    Years ago, when I was framing houses out side in the cold, I would wear "Dan-skins" tights as long
    under wear under my pants. They where real shine and smooth, and would slide under your pants so when
    you bend over, your pants did not ride down like with regular "Long Johns"
    I loved it, and soon the whole crew where wearing them.
    And I am 71, BTW.
    Rader

Its whatever floats your boat, does it look good on you, do you look good it it? do you feel good as well? if the answer to all three is yes then go for it and be happy.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Joe Namath, New York Jets quarterback wore Hanes Beauty Mist pantyhose to keep his legs warm on the playing field. Never a suggestion it was cross dressing. I read a recent short news piece calling tights worn by men as "brosiery, guylons, and he-tards. Take your pick. I do agree with others there has to be some frame of mind to emulate a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    Its whatever floats your boat, does it look good on you, do you look good it it? do you feel good as well? if the answer to all three is yes then go for it and be happy.
    Many good points here but this really says it all.
    Crissy

I work out side in the winter. I always wear tights in the cold or Cuddl Duds and it's going to be -2 Wed.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Leggings are a big part of my outfits as well. Very versatile.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Probably more about attitude
    In girl mode I tuck, in boy mode I do the opposite (is there a word for anti-tuck? un-tuck? or is it just showing off?)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Just wearing leggings is not dressing, I feel it is when you dress with other outer layers of obviously female apparel.

Just wear what you want and enjoy the moment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Niki, at least leggings r sexy! So, if u think you're CDing, I agree!

After all, many here wear yoga pants and flats. Some of the least sexy things on the planet and feel they r CDing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    (is there a word for anti-tuck? un-tuck? or is it just showing off?)
    I think the closest word we have is "manspreading".
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Niki, I have been away in my own this week and I took with me a pair of leggings that my wife no longer wanted. I had said they might be useful to wear when in the motorbike, but never hit round to using them. Well I have found them so comfortable and they have kept legs warmer. They were sold as clothes for women so I guess it is cross dressing to wear them. However it raises the thought about why clothes are perceived as gender specific. If it feels good, if it looks good to you, if it is what you want, then why should we hold back?

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Years ago, when I was framing houses out side in the cold, I would wear "Dan-skins" tights as long
    under wear under my pants. They where real shine and smooth, and would slide under your pants so when
    you bend over, your pants did not ride down like with regular "Long Johns"
    I loved it, and soon the whole crew where wearing them.
    And I am 71, BTW.
    Rader
    You're doing one other thing, when you wear them under your pants. Ever split the crotch out of a pair of pants? I used to. I do less of it when I wear a set of tights under them.
    You're saving money, and I bet you never knew it!
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

When I first started driving truck I was logging in the southern NM mountains (about 8000 ft) We would be up on the Mt. around 4 am, believe me it was cold. With the cold and wind it was so cold when you were standing outside waiting for them to finish the deck on your trailer you froze. So... I reverted to Navy days when we would sail into frigid weather on the high seas. Our chiefs had told all of us to go buy sheer support pantyhose to wear under our long johns, those things were so warm. I don't wear pantyhose or leggings very often, but I always carry some... just in case.

The writer of the 'Walk Book' describes pantyhose as "backpackers long johns", so I don't think anything is sacred. Scots wear kilts and have for centuries. For me, crossdressing is trying for a feminine appearance, regardless of the clothing involved. So much is unisex these days, the hair, makeup (if any) and presence have more to do with "crossdressing" than the specific clothes. BTW, been wearing leggings for years in both male and female mode, I just like them.

Dee

I have men's tights and woman's leggings from Costco and they are made from the same material and pretty much cut the same. I wear them interchangeably as a guy to run or when it is cold out and I'm going to be outside. I'm don't think there's a difference.

I bought the leggings to wear in Dee mode but i later found some Spanx legoings that were a lot more girlish (read: sexier) so those are my go to leggings instead.

As others have said, it's right to wear what you like whether it's CDing or not.
    I now wear leggings when we are on campsites in our small motorhome. Cotton/fleece-lined in winter, poly-lycra in warmer weather. It's not as obviously fem as a skirt, but they are very comfortable and also quite in keeping with what many women are wearing at the mo.
    I started out with plain black, but now have several very vividly patterned ones as well.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."