Thread: Just wasn't feeling it

Just wasn't feeling it

I had missed my Saturday 'dolling up' time due to a visit from my great-niece (no problem, the reason was great and so was the visit!). Sunday's I usually spend puttering around, casually fem and relaxing a bit.

Well, having missed my Saturday time had me thinking that I'd like to 'doll up' for Sunday, but events of the morning, the long work week before, and the various doings of life left me pretty tired and I didn't get a chance to 'doll up' until early afternoon.

I wasn't feeling it.

Then I thought, there are times where for whatever reason, GGs have to doll up even when they don't feel it. Ready for work, planned event, social engagement, what have you … so I put my big girl panties on and did it anyway.

I think my make-up came out pretty good, my wife thought so too. But my wig and I had a bit of a disagreement, then my pantyhose and I had a full on argument. By the time I wrestled the wayward garments into place and put on my finishing touches, I was just not feeling it.

What's more, it being Sunday, I felt a little like a girl all dressed up with no place to go.

Aw well … glad I nudged myself into the experience of 'dolling up' even when not feeling it! I'm even pleased that my make-up skills are turning out okay even when I'm not feeling it. I needed the practice anyway, and the practice pays off!
    Last edited by Macey; 01-28-2019 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Typos

All sorts of activities suppress the dolling up process, excitement and expectation builds up and other priorities take over.

When they are over it's dressing time again, a perfectly normal reaction. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Macey,

We all have those moments. It doesn't have to be dressing related. You've a social engagement you're attending in drab, nice restaurant, good friends, taxi there and back so ok for a beer or two.........and then it comes time to get ready and you're just not in the mood. Go figure.

Sometimes we just need a nudge.

Banned Read only
    Macey,
    Sometimes I do need a gentle kick up the rear end but never regret it . I usually have some job or errand to do in town and being out full time I'm not giving myself that option no matter what day of the week .

By the time I've retuned from doing my jobs it feels so good , chatting to people and checking out a few clothes shops .

I must admit I feel it far less in drab mode there is no comparison .

I think Helen nailed it. I know you Macey, you’ll be ok.
    Crissy

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Something that I figured out a long time ago is dressing when you really don't feel like it has produced some surprising results.
    Like, Hmmm! What was I thinking?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sounds like you just experienced the ebb and flow biorhythms of life, regardless of whether you are male or female. With us, from my experience, the Pink Fog, sooner or later returns. Even when I’m not “feeling it”, I dress to some degree and there have been times I’ve gone from nay to yes 👚🥿👄...practice is always good or wear something you forget you had.

Reality Check
    That points out the problem of living as a woman. You have to do it every day whether you feel like it or not. Being a casual crossdresser, you don't have to do it if you don't feel like it. Be a man one day and a "woman" the next.
    Krisi

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I had a GG friend that was coming up to visit last weekend and I did not feel like "getting all dolled up". Thats what she actually calls it btw.
    I actually didn't have much in my wardrobe that fit and she caught on that I was bummed out so she said "we need to go shopping GF and find some new jeans and tops".
    She is so nice and thats just what I needed to get me motivated.

These moments pass, a long while ago I went througha low patch (health related) which sort of knocked dre"ssing out of the window then one morning I woke up and POW! it hit me like a steam hammer and my dressing resumed and the feeling was like a huge weight being taken away.
    Macey this moment will pass I am sure, it did for me, it will for you so worry not enjoy life.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I NEVER do that, Macey! I made a deal with myself 12 years ago:
    "I'll dress whenever the urge hits me. And, NOT when it doesn't."

Sometimes I find it hard to start getting ready when I've committed to go out with other dressers. But, as Carla said, once I start it's all good from there on! I ALWAYS have a ball out dressed with others!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I like the way you said that, "I'll dress whenever the urge hits me. And, NOT when it doesn't." I feel the same way, dressing should never feel like an obligation.

If you’re not feeling it, you’re not feeling it.

Sometimes, I just put on a skirt and call it a day.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

This is an interesting thread for me. I had a 17 hour trip last week. I was so excited about being fem for the whole trip. When istopped at a hotel the first evening i didn't even feel like looking at the things i had packed. There must be something in the air lol.

Remember a bad day dressing is better than a good day not dressing, or is that about fishing?
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Ladies, I can't thank you enough for the words of wisdom! I assure you that I'm not 'feeling some kind of way' about it, more that I noticed that I wasn't feeling it and would rather have just slipped into a comfy skirt and lounged. But that was the point, I think. I seized it as an opportunity for "what does it feel like if I 'have' to? Like a GG might have to.

I do recognize it as one of the ebbs and flows, and chalk it up to an emotional weekend following a long work week. As a mental/emotional exercise for myself, mission accomplished!

I am so thrilled to be able to share these things with you, even the dry minutia!

I've had times where the wife was away and I could dress. But being tire over worked just wasn't in the cards to dress.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Read only
    Macey,
    That is how I see it , I chose to go out as Teresa , doing it full time means accepting the situation like any GG would . Also it's preparing me for the future should I chose to transition more where there is no escape route , no turning to male mode if the going gets tough . No matter how hard it is sometimes it still beats male mode .

There are times where you aren't motivated but will enjoy the outcome (for me this is running in the cold, hard to get out the door but usually come back happier). So for those times I agree a push is worth it.

But there are times you aren't in the mood even after you push yourself, and I feel those times you shouldn't push yourself. And maybe those times it would be useful to take a page out the non-binary book, do a few simple things on the feminine side of things (for me this would be a skirt and bracelet) and otherwise be male. I know this isn't for everyone, but think that women don't always don makeup, fancy outfits and shoes and jewelry, so it is not outside the norm for a women to relax on a Sunday in something simple.