Thread: Transition Milestone

Transition Milestone

Today is a special day in my transition to living my life and social acceptance as a woman. Today I received in the post my new Israel Identity Card, with my previous name change, an up to date photo, and most significantly, my gender is now female! Last night I attended by invitation from the leader a new women's group that was started in our village. There were about thirty five women in attendance, ages from 18 to 75. Some knew me from before, most not. We were asked to introduce ourselves as we went around the room. I said: "My name is Dorit. I am a transgender woman. If it is new to you, it is also new to me. I hope I can find my place among you." I found only acceptance. Israeli women are awesome!

Oh that’s such great news Dorit. Best of luck with your new life and happiness.

Congratulations. I love your path to being yourself. Always done with a smile and great attitude. Now, what is next??

Banned Read only
    Dorit,
    I'm so pleased for you and glad you met so many accepting people in one place .

One question , do you feel you needed to tell them you were a TG woman ?

The reason I ask is some of my social group keep telling me to stop saying I go out dressed and simply say I go out as Teresa . The other is I shouldn't need to tell people I'm TG , let them make their own minds up with what they see , if they have a problem they will soon let me know ! Happily after a year I haven't had a single problem , I hope it is all acceptance but there may be a certain amount of tolerance .

Dorit, that is wonderful! Best wishes in your new life! It seems to be starting out just fine! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Thanks for sharing, that Dorit, especially that the women were so accepting. May it always be so for you.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Dorit,

One question , do you feel you needed to tell them you were a TG woman ?
    Good question. I was not prepared to introduce myself so I had to decide spontaneously what I said. I like being open and forthright. Some of the women already have known me for many years, we are meant to be open to one another, I did not want others to find out through gossip. This all went through my mind in about 30 seconds as I was the second woman in the circle to introduce herself. I by no means feel I have to always tell people I am trans.

Congrats on your milestone Dorit!

Wow! Amazing! I have to confess that at the beginning when I saw your first posts I thought you were going to fast but now I see and understand you. Life is precious treasure to live it in the right way, being truthful.
    Since then I'd follow all your posts and in a short time you achieve great things.
    Now you're like a beacon for me. Thanks for your posts and I look forward for more...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Grandy View Post
    Wow! Amazing! I have to confess that at the beginning when I saw your first posts I thought you were going to fast but now I see and understand you. Life is precious treasure to live it in the right way, being truthful.
    Venessa, I can certainly understand why you thought I was going too fast. I feel the need to explain. First, because of my age I realized that it was now or never. I did not want to find myself getting too sick or dying regretting that I was too timid to transition. It was something I had to do now. The second reason is very personal. My SO of 49 years is 9 years older than me and has some serious aging issues. She has early signs of dementia. A long time ago she saved my life by her unconditional love and acceptance of me. I have to dedicate myself to taking care of her more and more and did not want to be tied up in myself and surgeries in the future. That is also one of the reasons for choosing a partial vaginoplasty; less complications and time spent on daily dilation.

You are truly an amazing woman Dorit and I wish you all the very best for a long and happy future together with your wife.