Thread: go out and have fun

Banned Read only

go out and have fun

This is just a brief note to encourage all M2F CDs to dress up, go out, and have fun. I've been doing it for over 10 years, and I still find the public experiences exciting and rewarding. And, at almost 59 years old, I still find the transformation I go though amazing. Being a CD is a wonderful thing that each of us should enjoy to the maximum potential.

I agree with your sentiments Jessica and I have been doing it for a long time too.

Unfortunately due to family upbringing, lack of tolerance and attitudes of others around them most are closeted.

Being free of these constraints does make it easy for those of us that are fortunate to have understanding people around us.

I urge those that are timid to find a support group or at least a friend to support them in their adventure.

Meanwhile I can enjoy my relationship with my wife.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That’s amazing for you, but many members here don’t find it quite that easy to “just go out”. They have real and legitimate concerns about safety and privacy. For example, did you know that in many states in this country you could be fired from your job or evicted from your home for being a cross dresser or trans? So it’s great that you can go out whenever you want, but we shouldn’t diminish the experiences of those who can’t or don’t.

Banned Read only
    Jessica,
    I've been going out to social meeting for four years and have been out full time in my new home town for the last year and I have to say I totally agree with you .

It may be still technically CDing but it doesn't feel like it anymore , it's not so much an amazing feeling but being totally normal and very comfortable .

Jessica,
    Yes going out is it's own reward. I've done it so much that I created a new life as Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    It may be still technically CDing but it doesn't feel like it anymore
    Yes time has a way of doing that when you are full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    but many members here don’t find it quite that easy to “just go out”. They have real and legitimate concerns about safety and privacy.
    Yes there has been a couple of people try and get me fired from my job. I grew up with the people I work for, so not going to happen. Besides currently I have two job offers, and yes they know how I am.

Jessica, I'll second your motion. I'm 57 and have been going out for ten years.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Me too, I really like how it feels pudding on each item of female clothing and then wearing it in public. From the first item (panties) I start to feel feminine.

Good to read the responses that some of you didn’t really go out dressed until in your 40’s and beyond, and we’re still glad you did.

I hadn’t really hit full makeover (make-up, jewelry, etc) skills until somewhat recently, and I was feeling at late-30’s (especially with kids now) I missed my window to really step out.

Well... I also thought eventually I’d give it all up but I’m clearly advancing more on the CD “journey” than not and it seems there’s plenty road ahead.

Dressing in public has never been my goal as a CD. I have been out a few times and had fun doing it, but it isn't a priority in my life. I have friends that go out dressed once or twice each weekend. They seem to have more time and money to spend than I do!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    To each their own have fun and go out or sit at home and worry yourself do death someone might or might not see you.
    Went out again today with my GG shopping buddy and she ran my legs off.
    I could have stayed home but I like going out.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Going out dressed to vanilla venues is NOT for everyone. If u go out expecting rainbows and butterflies and u don't pass?

U r going to be disappointed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I enjoyed assisting a group of about 12 walkers yesterday, they were grateful and didn't seem to care that I was girled up.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    That’s amazing for you, but many members here don’t find it quite that easy to “just go out”. They have real and legitimate concerns about safety and privacy. For example, did you know that in many states in this country you could be fired from your job or evicted from your home for being a cross dresser or trans? So it’s great that you can go out whenever you want, but we shouldn’t diminish the experiences of those who can’t or don’t.
    Yes, we each have our individual circumstances so we have to apply recommendations to our own situations. We have not only ourselves, but our loved ones to think about. While "going out" may be great for some, it's not for others. We have to live in the real world.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    Mainly what I'm saying is go out and have fun when you want to, but make sure you stay smart and are in safe situations.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Going out dressed to vanilla venues is NOT for everyone.
    Sherry this is true. Some are content to stay within 4 walls. However, if there was no social stigma associated with CD'ing would that necessarily be the case I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    If u go out expecting rainbows and butterflies and u don't pass?

U r going to be disappointed!
    This isn't true, certainly in my experience. I don't pass. I believe I can hide in a crowd but up face to face or even in close proximity, nope. I get read. I too echo Jessica's writings. I've just had such an over all positive experience. I'm nice to people and people are nice back. So disappointed, no, not in the least.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 01-29-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    That's great for Jessica and others. I've said numerous times that you alone bear the consequences of your actions. Stay in your comfort zone and proceed at your own pace. There have been posts on the site over the years of some following all this encouragement and having it all blow up in the face.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 01-29-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Now you have done it! I have to dress up. Thanks

I am one who also goes out regularly . Maybe it's not for everyone, but I feel the need to embrace this part of me. I am a daytime dresser and try to do the same things as a woman may do, go to church, shop, eat out and visit friends. Luckily I have a bunch of GG friends that I can visit and that accept me. Through my one friend I have been introduced to other friends, so my circle is growing.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    That's great for Jessica and others. I've said numerous times that you alone bear the consequences of your actions. …………..
    You and your loved ones. You may not care if people know you as a crossdresser, but it might be very embarrassing to your wife and children.
    Krisi

you are so right Jessica! I recently went out fully for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was AMAZING! I had such a good time, met new friends, and was able to just be me all day...

Banned Read only
    Once you start, you'll never stop. Congratulations, girl!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Some here have the desire to go out dressed in public but have too much anxiety and fear , if you're closeted and hiding/lying to the wife, I can see why they would have fear of being caught by friends, relatives or business associates. But if you are out and open about your dressing and have no fear of backlash, then just go for it, the butterflies soon go away. It gets easier and becomes quite normal, you don't even thing about it. Just dress for the location and activity and act like a proper lady.