Thread: My WhXYte Wedding

My WhXYte Wedding

Something I just had to share; and glad to be back on the forum. I've been so busy.

Back in the summer I was at my wig shop. Hana, the owner has always been fantastic. During my visit, I watched as she helped a girl of about 14 or so and her women family patrons; obviously mother, grandma and another. The poor girl was undergoing chemo and had lost her hair. I was impressed by Hana's manner anyhow she helped the family in need. That's when I learned of her 501-3(c) non-profit, Hana's Hope; and her fund raising event for transgender (beauty) programs called WhXYte Wedding.

White Wedding is going to be a transgender bridal fashion show (Denver, Sept 09 2019); a gala event. All the models are TG. One of them is a well known transgender state senator. We believe The Governor is coming (he's gay and LGBT friendly). As I've found out after the fact, this event is going to be a big deal.

Hana asked me if I wanted to be part of the WW effort, possibly be a model. Of course I jumped on that.
    That's when I got sucked in as a volunteer. By the 2nd meeting I attended, I somehow became the Marketing Director for the event. That means "retail sales"; soliciting donations, vendors, etc. for the charity. I will be going out starting very soon to meet area legitimate businesses and community leaders to request their support. I'm doing it as Ilene...... all the way.

This is going to be an exciting growth moment for me and my growing sense of being Ilene. I get to actually do constructive, positive affirming things as Me. I get to be Me, and go about normal human business. I don't know why something so mundane should be so special, but it is.

One of the other things associated with the project is a photo journal effort to document the lives of area Transgenders; kind of a coffee table photo and story book. Most if it is centered on the models of WhXYte Wedding. Since the event is being held at the Denver Historical Society, our committee artists wanted to shoot models in different historical and period settings.

I went for my first photo shoot today. Completely amazing. I got to wear a couple different costumes in what must have been hundreds of photos. I only got to see a couple of them. This photo is from the photo shoot, and it is staged with the lighting, color and costume to reflect a Dutch Master painting; possibly a Vermeer.

I'm stoked.... but I am also filled with a bit of trepidation. Nothing like Navy or combat, but I have an eager anxiety about going out and living as Ilene. The fun starts in a week or so.

You can check out WhXYte Wedding at: www.whxytewedding.com

Ilene by Vermeer -FC.jpg
    Last edited by IleneD; 02-09-2019 at 11:42 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Nice to hear from you, Ilene.

Good on you for stepping up to serve such an important mission. Give my thanks to Hana, too. She sounds like a very special lady.

And yes, that photo is definitely reminiscent of Vermeer's "The Kitchen Maid".
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Thank you sharing news about the event and thank you for volunteering

This looks like a good event, I used to organise mock weddings for sporting clubs once and at the time they were very successful.

Times change as does fund raising, so the activity waned and I moved on as well.

These events are becoming popular again and even more so.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Omg what a fun thing to do and the photo looks divine! You're gorgeous! I believe that not only are you proud to participate, but they must be proud to have you

Ilene, Sounds like a wonderful organization. That is the most artful picture.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

it a great thing to give your time to help others. Good for you Ilene. Love the pic hun looking good.
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    Ilene,
    The photo shoot is awesome. Yes, the photo is definitely art-like.
    Congrats on joining the organization to help and support the community.

Hi Ilene,

Nicely done photo. This sounds like a great event and maybe one to take in. Certainly one to support. You have come far. Very happy for you.

Gretchen

Ilene, I am so impressed & inspired by your feminine evolution. You really have grown...

Your duties will make you much stronger ! You are behind a "cause". That "cause" is the focus of your conversations and will boost your confidence tremendously ! So glad you are doing this...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How lucky u r to be invited and have the time and energy to participate in such a watershed LGBT event, Ilene!

I hope it goes well and that u have a blast!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I have been following your threads for a while now and somehow I am not surprised by any of this. You have taken what many think of as some form of narcissism and shown that it can be productive and generous with time and talent being given without thought of reward. You are truly a lovely woman. Love the picture, very much like a Vermeer. Kudos!

Ilene, good for you! I am so proud of you! It sounds great and I am wishing you all the best! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member
    Ilene, dear friend... I'm so happy for you and so proud of you!!

Ilene again kudos to you for what you are accomplising,
    you look stunning on Hana's webpage as well as the dipiction here,
    congratz on finding a way to be yourself in the real world....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Enjoy!!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

thats wonderful have a great time It is always so satisfying to volunteer and give of yourself to good causes
    Enjoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

another reason to move to CO
    Last edited by melanie206; 02-11-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typo

Silver Member
    What a great story, and I love the artistic photo. Proud of you for taking an active role.

you are the best for the job. Consider me "Standing at the rail" with the launch of the program.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Love the photo Ilene, what a cool idea.
    Best of luck with the event !!
    Hugs
    Samantha