Thread: School days

Aspiring Member

School days

There was a tradition at the grammar school that I went to (late forties to early fifties) that when graduating sixth grade and therefore leaving grammar school, some of the other students would capture the graduating male student and put lipstick on him. Not necessarily on the lips, but on the cheeks and forehead. When they came after me I made a slow attempt to escape, but they caught me anyway.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Interesting. It was the 60's for me and nothing like that went on.

. . .

. . .

. . .

- Lydianne.

Never suffered an initiation ceremony of any kind, I was eighteen when my girlfriends decided I should accompany then out shopping as a girl.

Although I was not forced, it was certainly strong encouragement by the group.

When I started to look the part it all became easy and I stayed in that role for a very long time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When I was in school we had spirit week, one of the days was gender bend day.
    Also the powder puff football game always had some of the football team as cheerleaders, which was hilariously lol

Gold Member
    Never had hat happen to me, I guess I went to the wrong school.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    Closest thing that we had was in highschool there was Sadie Hawkins day. Where traditionally the girls are supposed to ask the guys to the SH dance. But in my school the guys were supposed to dress like girls and the girls like guys on SH-Day.

You would not believe how many teachers were against this tradition and tried to make every year the last.

I don't know if they are still doing it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Our middle school was 6th thru 8th. This was in the 50's. Not only were gays unheard of? We only had 5 minority kids in our 4 year high school!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Katie, one of my favorite stories from school was from spirit week and gender bend day. In junior high I got to dress in a friend's cheerleader outfit. One of the male teachers commented on how comfortable I appeared in the outfit. It was a ton of fun!

As has been mentioned we football guys had to dress like the cheer leaders in high school and lead a cheer at the next to the last football game. I was 6'2" in high school and I remember the skirt just barely covered my butt. It was fun but I really never thought it was any thing to do with any CDing in high school. It was just fun and the cheer leaders laughed at our trying to act like them.