Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been a long time...well over a year - Wife says...it's about time you get dressed.

Been a long time...well over a year - Wife says...it's about time you get dressed.

My awesome wife who has known about my interest/challenges since before we we’re married (nearly 25 yrs ago) told me to get dressed.

“Why don’t you dress up? You haven’t dressed in a long long time.”

My dressing has always been a joint activity with her, as that is the only way I’m comfortable with it. It’s either an “us” activity or it can stay away just fine. She wouldn't mind if I dressed on my own, but I don't wish to go there.

While the interest has always been there, I’ve been able to keep things at bay. I may perk up when something catches my eye, and make a subtle comment or smile to my bride, but that’s about it, and that’s been fine.

I’m a father of many children and want to keep the right priorities and perspective. Maybe when the kids are out on their own, we'll do more, maybe even less...who knows?

Anyway, she insisted I got dressed and grabbed one of her dresses that would fit me...just a little snugger ;-) So I thought I’d share. It was so much fun, I tried on some other outfits and hair-dos today. I think I was most proud of my hair and bow...tough getting the bow just right!

I’m not a regular here, but hope I posted this on the right forum.

Note: Didn't do well on the panty lines here.., I fixed it in another photo, but overall...this one looked better...just imagine a smoother look on the rear :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DTelia; 01-30-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Personally I don't see a problem. Just a really nice femme figure. The dress looks really good on you.

Hugs Brenda

you should be glad to have a wife that understanding
    I know I would like to meet one
    I think every straight cd would
    I know I would dress a lot more if I had a woman in my life that knew about it
    you look good by the way

I so understand where you are coming from. But you are in a minority here, you SO is on board. With that in my, when you find time, take it. BTW, that is a really cute shot. Love the little bun you made.

Thank you for the compliments. It’s fun to share.

Let me clear on a couple things...

1. I do have a supportive SO (wife) and I realize how blessed and lucky I am, and how many more do not have this blessing or situation. It was still a journey that was for her in my opinion, more acceptable because I was open from the beginning, & at the time did not dress. Wanted to, yes. But didn’t. I was very open to her. She thought it was “cute” in the early days, but I was weary/concerned that the novelty would quickly wear out, so I didn’t do anything brash. Instead I went very very slowly and it was sometimes her that pushed things further, before I would dial it back.

2. Marriage, as most of you know, has its other challenges and I worked very hard for this particular thing not to add to it for her or me.

Translation, the service I gave my family and my wife trumped everything, and allowed me to set this to the side. It wasn’t perfect of course, but I managed.

3. I do not take her for granted and I know I could go further if I wanted to, but that counters another opinion of mine. That is...anything can become extreme or too much. I absolutely think society has gone too far on the blending of gender and roles. That might seem hypocritical to some of you, but it’s how I feel.

I love dressing like a woman, I love doing my hair, and I am growing it now, but I believe my role is father/husband first.

I feel for those who do not have supportive SO’s and I think that is often selfish on their parts. No scenario is alike, but I believe there is room to make it work. We are here in life to enjoy it and help each other grow. I work hard to support her and her interest and she does the same.

Thanks again for the compliments. Didn’t want to take it off. 😀

And again, you are very considerate. I know your SO appreciates that in you.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 01-31-2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: no need to quote the post for one line reply

Great photo. I have wanted to use bows or other accessories in my hair but have not done so yet.
    CD Life

Gold Member
    My Wife knew before we where married that I liked to dress. We we did get Married, she set up
    a few rules, And I was sure not to push the rules. She even bought me a few outfits, and I would
    wear them when asked to. One rule was never go outside dressed, as to not embarrass her.
    I never did, and still do not go out dressed even though she has passed on.
    Rader

Looking good, DTelia!

DTelia, you look great. It's great that you have a supportive wife.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Wow, Dtelia you look fantastic. And thanks for sharing. It's great to hear stories about awesome accepting women such as your wife.

And since you asked if this was the right place to post, the picture forum is only viewable to members and this section is open to unregistered users. Mods please correct me if I'm off on that. Other than that, totally appropriate here as well. Thanks!

Many thanks to all. Maybe I’ll post some others later.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    My Wife knew before we where married that I liked to dress. We we did get Married, she set up
    a few rules, And I was sure not to push the rules. She even bought me a few outfits, and I would
    wear them when asked to. One rule was never go outside dressed, as to not embarrass her.
    I never did, and still do not go out dressed even though she has passed on.
    Rader
    Sounds like you were blessed as well and still honor her requests. That’s what marriage is about.

Banned Read only
    You have a really nice shape. Not just the rear. Love the hair. You're fortunate to have an understanding wife. She is a rarity. I do agree the first priority should be to the family. Although I will say for some our time will never come. I think you wife has had the ability to weigh all the pluses in the marriage, and, if she even considered your desire to wear women's clothing a minus, the scales of marriage tipped in your favor. Yes, there have been many stories on this forum of cross dressers running amok which has lead to marital strife.

Looking forward to reading some more of your posts.

Great job on the hair - you and your wife are lucky to have each other

Your wife is one smart cookie she knows when you're stressed and need some girl time before you do

Much respect for the way both of you handle this! And, you look great! Love your hair.

The dress looks beautiful and I especially love the bun in your hair, just so cute. You are a very fortunate person for sure!
    Crissy

Like everyone else I think the dress and hair do are great.

Stripes certainly help accentuate the figure, yours is no exception.

Great one DTelia.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

To have a figure like you have is something to dream for. I like the way you have your hair and you are fortunate to be able to wear stripes so very you.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I think the panty lines go with the visible bra straps, an intentional look. No problem here with either.

I need to clear the air...that figure has some assistance :-) Hips brought to you by Dress Tech...they are my favorite item because they blend so well and lay nicely on the skin. I have breast forms from the BreastForms store, and they are great too, but they don't have the same feel as the hip pads. I understand that someone does make a more expensive breast form that has a similar silicone. I've only worn the hip pads a few times since I purchased them a few years ago, so cost justifying the updated bust may not make sense...but then again, what really does w/this hobby ;-)

Fortunately, it's been a low cost affair. A dress from Amazon here, something from a cheap department store there, and that's about it.

Thanks again for all of the compliments...seriously fun to read and enjoy...may share them w/the Mrs.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    After reading your sweet post, D, it reminded me of a conversation I had with my wife.

I was writing her the monthly check for household expenses, etc. and she said, "Oh I won't need that this month. I've been saving a little over the last few months."

Then, I woke up and remembered it was all a dream. That we have been divorced for 20 years.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well I think you look GREAT! And it doesn't matter how much "assistance" it takes to get that way. I say we are all lucky there's help. You really look great. Period!
    And like others have said, you are so lucky to not only have at least a DADT wife, but even more so, someone who is supportive, and actually encourages and helps you to dress!
    WOW!!! That's the winning jackpot in my book.
    I honestly think that is truly wonderful and you are so very lucky to be able to comfortably share in dressing.
    I know if that were the case in my house, there's a certain someone who would be getting a lot of extra spontaneous foot messages and back-rubs!

And I hear you 100% about being a father. I have several teenagers and I love being their dad. Nothing beats it.
    And to me, that is the role I can never compromise, so I have to be extremely careful with my dressing...and most often, that comes at the cost of repressing it and downright having to store my things away, hidden, under lock and key.
    I too think to myself, when they are older and move along in their own lives, I'm sure my "stuff" will still be there.
    Maybe then, I can take take it all out from the locker, and make a nice little section in our shared closet.
    Maybe then my wife would notice how old, worn and out-dated my things are, and sympathy-offer to help freshen my things up a bit?
    Yes, it's a dream...but some dreams do happen.
    Now wouldn't that be nice!
    Hope everyone has a great day!

Lovely story, lovely look!

Wow, dressing up twice w/in a week! That's a first for me.

My wife bought these outfits for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images