Thread: Flying in flats

Flying in flats

A few weeks ago while returning from a business trip I finally realized a goal to fly wearing flats (rest of clothing in male mode). At the airport I swapped shoes and put the other shoes in my luggage (gulp - dropping off the suitcase at check-in was a bit nerve-wracking - after that I was committed until I picked up my luggage).
    It was nice - easy to get shoes off in the security line and more comfortable in the airplane.

I had a from Atlanta to Syracuse in girls canvas shoes.
    Angie

Silver Member
    Well done. Flats are great for some situations and that's another one I hadn't considered. Thanks for the hint.

Air_walk, congrats on a step forward! Now, where are you going to wear them next? Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Thanks, Lana Mae. I'm not sure where next - the airport seemed safely anonymous. But I'm sure my mind will come up with something new.

It's always nice to have comfy clothes and shoes when flying. I bet no one even noticed anything as it seems when I fly every one is engaged in their own little space either reading, sleeping or visiting.

Worn flats when flying in drab, they look like black leather slippers.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    You can buy shoes that are pretty much "unisex". Wear them either way.
    Krisi

I always fly in flats when I can, and usually in male mode. Here is a photo in the business lounge...20190120_073202.jpg
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I was worried about just the opposite, flying in heels. There's a lot of reasons they don't recommend it but mainly the concern is the Chute if you need to do an emergency exit. As it turns out I was not the only one in awesome high heels on that flight.

My wife and I have matching patent leather Danskos that we wear when traveling. I rarely get looks. I usually care about being outed or laughed at, but I don’t know why I don’t care when wearing the shoes.

Took me a while to work up the nerve, and that was for simple black ballet flats with dark socks. Now it is my preferred way to travel. I hope you wear the flats again, it will be easier. The last time I flew, last week, I wore some pretty ballet flats that have a small bow and pendant. My socks were white with pink hearts, definitely noticeable. I don't know what you flats looked like, but I bet you might want to try something flashier next time. Especially since you see that people don;t care they just want to get to their destination.

I have some pink, red and pewter flats I have not worn yet (just need to do more flying!).