Thread: Ears pierced

Ears pierced

I see a lot of posts that include a "wish" to gets one's ears pierced - one day.

I got mine pierced over a year ago. I did it without any intention or idea of using it as part of CD'ing.

I also did it without prior approval or discussion with my SO. We'd had a major argument the day before and I was feeling pretty shitty. I've been struggling with depression for several years and needed a jump start.

I felt fantastic the week after. Too bad I can't get something pierced everytime I'm feeling depressed.

My SO wouldn't even look at me that night. But after some time and heartfelt discussions, she accepts that it's a part of me now.

I just wear small CZ studs. They are larger than the starter studs that are used when you first get them pierced.

I've never tried to convince my wife that I should wear anything more than the studs. The piercings are sure nice when CD'ing though. I do own two pairs of women's earings.

My advice is be honest. Don't act like you want it for another reason, but it's really for CD'ing.

I did it after my 43rd birthday. It really was a spur of the moment thing. Sometimes you need to take the leap and just do it.

My problem is in the workplace, it would be frowned upon.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Earlier in life, I vowed never to have a piercing! Well, they have been pierced for a number of years and I love them! (wear mostly pearls!) Hope you love them too! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    It boggles my mind that men getting their ears pierced is still an issue. Good for you anyway.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    It surprises me too that it's such a big deal now days. I had my first piercing done 35 years ago, had to put a small band-aid over them for a few weeks to keep them clean. Never a problem at work or from anyone else with small studs. Of course it works great for dressing up, I love the feel of long dangly earrings tugging on my ears. I know a lot of men who have them pierced and wear hoops and all kinds of earrings and never have a problem from anyone.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good for you.
    Its your body you can do what you want with it.
    If your SO/wife wants to do something to her body you think she is going to ask you first?

I did this years ago and with my wife being on board. She even gave me some of her old earings and had some made for me. This is a alrge part of my dressing, with a wide selection to meet my needs and match what I am wearing. In the outside world everyone sees me wearing them and asks me why I don't have any on when I forget

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    These days...

Men pierce their ears
    Mend trim their eyebrows to a somewhat more feminine shape.
    Men shave their body.

Speaking of eyebrows...
    The current female makeup trend is for female to make their brows more thicker.. more like a male's .
    Bushy eyebrows are out for males and so are pencil thin brows for females.

So do what you want as no one pays any attention to all the above anymore.... certainly not to pierced ears.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 02-01-2019 at 02:01 PM.

I pierced my ears about 10 years ago never had any problems with anyone. Don't think it's a big deal anymore unless you have multiple piercings.

The only comments I have had in the over 20 years I have had mine pierced was. When did you get your ears pierced, and I didn't know you had your ears pierced. Always from poeple who see me wearing earrings for the first time, as I dont always wear them.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    The only problem is the one in your own head. No one cares if men were earrings.

I pierced my ears about 10 years ago as well. A few people asked why, out of curiosity and not a derogatory nature. And I work in a very male heavy, blue collar industry. But, I kinda left dressing by the wayside once I met my wife. She knew at the time as she ended up with several pieces from my wardrobe. Well, the holes have since grown shut. I’ve rekindled the urge to dress again, and again would like to get my ears pierced. But, I will wait for now until my 4 year old daughter wants hers pierced. (My wife and I have both agreed we will wait for her to come to us before we do it). That way, I can show her how easy of a process it is and I can let her pick out some earrings as she loves to play dress up! Until then, I have a few clip ons that I wear for now.
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

Platinum Member
    I have 6 holes in my ears no problem just do it

I have had both mine done for 41 years. did it after six months in the Navy. No one said a thing unless I screwed up and left one in when on duty.

I've had one done for 30 years but 20 years ago I gad the other done and another 2 in the left so I had 3 on one side, 1 on the other. I liked it. Practise wife didn't. Back down to 1.
    Current, proper, wife likes the earring but doesn't want a second. She did say it was ok recently, but you know when your wife says 'it's your body, do what you want' in THAT tone? I've found it's often best to not indulge yourself. Better that she's happy I've listened to her and responded to her opinion with respect than having 2 pierced ears and a wife who just barely tolerates it and me. I have a feeling that at some point she might soften her feelibgs and then we can re-visit the subject, but there's no rush...
    Suffice to say I have some nice clip-ons now. 😉
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 02-02-2019 at 11:30 PM.

I got mine done. Haven’t regretted it since and have had zero negative comments.

Some advice, Please.

I'm thinking about getting my ears pierced this Spring. (age 74) I will be on the road for about 30 days and figure that will give me enough time to heal with the studs in. And, therefore, I won't have to wear anything at work when I get back...Leaving the earrings for dressing up. Does this seem like enough time?

Thanks

It is no big deal getting them pierced! I get compliments from women and men on my pearls! Unless you are wearing gaudy earrings most people won't even notice! (Wear what ever you want though!) Wear them for you not for anyone else! Wives are a different story! Keep her happy! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Reality Check
    I got mine pierced a few years ago and wore the gold ball starter earrings. After the healing period I continued to wear them in male mode but wore feminine (dangling or hoop) earrings as Krisi. I've gotten out of the habit of wearing the male earrings now but still wear the feminine earrings as Krisi. I love the feeling of them brushing against my neck.
    Krisi

Silver Member
    For quite a while I've converted the beautiful pierced earrings to clipon or magnetic. The magnetics took a lot of experimentation to get the tiny magnets set up so as not to pinch the ears too tightly so they didn't hurt. If any of you gals are interested in knowing 'how to', PM me.

I have two sets of piercings in both ears, I got the first set nearly 40 years ago way before it was cool and the second set after I met my wife. I nearly always wear a small set of hoops in one set and what ever I feel like when alone. and IT IS really for the CDing. I used to have more than a hundred pairs, but my wife has borrowed most of them. Best reason in the world to go shopping for more.
    Last edited by Tammy Lynn Tx; 02-05-2019 at 08:53 PM.

I haven't done mine but yet, and honestly I am getting tired of looking for clip-on earrings. But I am such a closet case