Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel I am not alone on this...

I feel I am not alone on this...

I do not doing any dressing outside my home so any dressing I do is limited to being at my place. While out for my daily routine I get urges and such to put on something when I get home. They are nice thoughts but when I get home I just don't feel like throwing anything on, not even simply putting on a skirt. I imagine I am not the only one who has been in a similar situation. Sometimes I think I should just tell myself to put something on anyways.

Put on one thing. Sometimes we get in a funk, and for many CDs, the whole thing is stress relief. Put on one thing. If it doesn't give you a bit of a lift, stop there, and try again a other time. If it does give you a lift, think about a second thing.

Yeah this CDing thing is funny that way. I'm sure you'll find your way, no hurry just go with what feels right.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Is this an all the time situation or is it more occasional? If it’s occasional, a lot of girls go through it. If it’s an all the time thing, then maybe dressing isn’t really for you. Sometimes our fantasies are better than reality. If you don’t feel like dressing, then you certainly shouldn’t force yourself. We were’t all born for this bag.

Joanne,
    Welcome to the forum, and at your stage in life I think you are like many others, just wear what you like when you like.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome and don't worry about stuff like this.
    If you don't want to dress or just can't get into it at that time don't pretty basic common sense really.
    It doesn't mean anything like you will loose the urge or you will never dress again it just means you weren't feeling it.
    You can underdress or wear just one item of ladies clothing to help you thru that time like panties under your guy clothes.

Nope, you are fine. Crossdressing is a spectrum, not a straight line. Don't force yourself to do something you don't feel like doing. This can certainly include dressing up. Everyone is different, and so are their urges.

I am very new here to this forum (and a HUGE thank you those who help me intimately ) and I would say, anything is better than nothing! Be honest with yourself. Even a little underdressing, however subtle, helps make the day feel a little better. Go with your own comfort level, stockings, or anything, and be happy with it! Of course, the more the merrier...but be safe in what you can undress quickly if needed.

Platinum Member
    This need not be a chore. Afterr a long day some comfy loungewear is something you can look forward to.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    There are days when I crave pancakes, and then there are days when I can't be bothered and I have oatmeal. Or scrambled eggs. Likewise, I dress only at home and dress how and what I feel on any particular day. Or not. Works for me without obligation.

Ineke

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Usually as a result of tiredness,after a night shift I'll get a few hours sleep then intend to get up and dress only to find at times I just can't be bothered,It can be a lot of bother for a cpl hours

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

There are many times that I've forced myself to put on femme clothing when I didn't feel like it. I've never once regretted doing so. In fact, I'm virtually always very glad I forced myself.

Sometimes I don't feel like dressing because I'm down on myself, and don't think I deserve to feel that good. (Crossdressing makes me feel really good.) But we all deserve to feel good.

I've definitely had this happen too, especially lately since I deal with bouts of depression. but like CynthiaD I've forced it a few times and was really good I did. or I just do clothes/wig and no makeup if I'm tired after work

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    sometimes you feel like it and sometimes you don't, what's the big deal, don't over think things.

If you have to force it, the fun factor just won't be there. Wait until you're in the mood.
    Jon

Joanne, welcome to the forum.
    You are certainly right that others experience this feeling sometimes as well. Just because you enjoy CDing, don't feel that you must dress every day. There's nothing wrong with some time in male mode. If you feel like you are almost forcing yourself to wear things, it is possible that you would enjoy it less.
    Basically, there are no rules, do whatever you feel like! Enjoy!
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    sometimes you feel like it and sometimes you don't, what's the big deal, don't over think things.
    Exactly. I have the same with playing the guitar. Some days at work I think I'll do a load of practice when I get home and when I get there I just go meh I don't feel like it any more.

It happens from time to time, don't over think it. It will make the next time even better.

enjoy the time you spend dressed when ever that maybe no need to force it have fun when you do.

remember the ad for almond joy and mounds sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't same thing applies

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

btw welcome to the forum
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Everyone's different, Joanne. However, many of us go thru similar stages! When I was first starting out, throwing on some pantyhose and maybe a bra and water balloons was quite exciting stuff!

But, over the 20+ years since then, the only thing that satisfies me is the whole 9 yards or nothing. You'd be surprised how EASY nothing is when those r the only 2 options!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm in more or less the same boat, Joanne.

It's up to you to make your choices.

There's no harm in putting something on as an experiment. Right now, I have a bra underneath my men's shirt.

Don't overthink it.

I'm not sure how long the urge to dress has been with you, and I had times back in my teens and 20s where it would come and go. If it's guilt about dressing, or the urge isn't there, don't sweat it..Do your hobbies or things that make you feel good in the meantime. If its in you to dress, then dress. t he urge will resurface, as Im sure many here can relate to but don't force it. Do what comes naturally.

I dress up as a way to celebrate of i had a good day at work,get a promotion,something good happens and of course halloween and costume parties etc.So i dress up on occasion and im ok with it the trick is there is no right way or wrong way to dress dont think to hard on it and you do you.If it makes you happy and CD isnt hurting anyone go for it.Sometimes on my way home in my mind im picking out an out fit when i get home im to tired.I will confess over the past few weeks i have driven by a Burlington Coat Factory i tell myself i wana go in to get a new dress and hose when i get there i go meah i dont feel like it.We all go threw it
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Hey Joanne
    Take my hand
    Dressing's not.... reeeee-ady for you.....
    (apologies to you and Lady Gaga)

I'm down with the other suggestions ... don't do what you think should feel right, do what you feel is right, when it is right.

I definitely will never force anything because forcing things will not end well. I should have also mentioned that it doesn't always make me made when things like this happens, sometimes it is humorous and sometimes disappointing. I should also add I consider myself a part-time crossdresser, it is something I enjoy but don't really feel the need to do it everyday. I also don't own too much so wearing the same thing over and over can result in a loss of charm, so to speak.