Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So that happened

I haven't ended up in the ER with nail polish (except for hard as nails- clear), but I was wearing a beautiful pastel pink nail polish and didn't realize it also had a halo effect. I went into the truck stop to get my receipt and the cashier saw my nails and started praising the color and effect and said how she thought how get it was to see someone with guts enough to be out at my age. All I could think to say was thanks, get my receipt and get back to work after finding some polish remover.

I have had more than one trip to the ER with painted nails, shaved body and panties on. It is no big deal and those that worked on you have seen it all.

I've had a couple of similar events - both were handled uneventfully and professionally by the doctors. Once was during my annual physical. I had either forgotten or didn't care that my toenails were painted a light pink. The doc had me remove my shoes and socks to examine my feet. Not sure what that is about, but he held and looked my foot for a long time, perhaps assessing my circulation? He had a friendly grin when summarizing my exam, but didn't mention my toes. If you are in the Austin area, Dr. Gaertner is as good a doc as I've ever had. I miss him, having moved away a couple years back.

The other was during a FAA-required physical. I was traveling for business and found a doc that had availability in the city I was visiting. I didn't have any male underwear with me and considered buying some, but it just wasn't worth it to me. I did switch to some less-frilly bikini panties, but the satin material and tiny bow on the front made it clear they were women's. He had me standing in only my panties for a couple of minutes while examining my skin, but treated me respectfully and didn't say a word.

As others have said, medical professionals have undoubtedly seen it all. Perhaps they find it amusing, but their job is to help us become or to remain healthy, not to judge us for how we present.

I had a visit to my dermatologist for a mole on my face turn into a full body exam. Black spandex boy short panties my female doc and her nurse right there front and center when I was asked to undress fully. Not an awkward moment at all actually they were awesome. In the end on the way out the nurse smiled and said “ very nice” and a wink.

My wife was a nurse practitioner and was team leader of a helicopter trauma team. So, she been there, done that. Her take? Yeah, they're professionals and will treat you in that fashion. BUT... they may well still have a laugh over our nails or knickers. Same as sharing x-rays of objects in orifices. It's not professional but it happens. Especially if the community is small enough that you might have a clinician you already know socially. Or you might bump into someone involved in your care. That person WILL remember your underwear and, sadly, may judge you somewhat. Hello transphobia. My wife says this cos she's seen it and would hate for any clinician to discover my secret, despite us living in a more populous area. I dunno.
    The lesson, I guess, is wear what you want but don't be surprised by the odd snigger over coffee.

Went away with my GF for a weekend back in November. We were going to see a movie but realized that the one we wanted to see was not showing that week. The town we were in had many spas, GF suggested we go get a couples massage instead. I didn't want to be a spoiler so I went along. My pink toe nails and underwear didn't seem to be noticed by the staff. I am sure they talked about me later.

These stories all remind me about my mothers saying when I was a teenager and starting to drive every where in my old 53 Chevy, she would first want to know where I was going and always followed with hope you have on clean underwear in case there's an accident. I never figured why clean under wear would give me a better doctoring if I had an accident. Now since I wear my panties a lot under my work wranglers I just make sure they are clean. Luckily haven't had to undress but have had stupid things like cuts on my head from a cattle panel and a tetanus shot in my hip. Had on my panties but the nurse just gave it to me right above where I pulled my jeans down a little holding the panties and pants together so she couldn't see. ( but if I'd have had a bad accident at they would have been clean, so mother would have been proud bless her soul)

Reality Check
    Doctors and nurses will not say anything about your nail polish or what you are wearing to your face but they will talk about it to their co-workers and friends. We have a friend who is an ER nurse and she often talks about her patients. No names of course.
    Krisi

Once I was having a lot of pain in my calf so my doctor sent me to an imaging center for an ultra sound. I could have changed out of my panties but I thought what the heck, they will be looking at my calf. It was summer so I was wearing shorts. The tech who was smoking hot scanned my calf and all of a sudden asked if I was wearing boxers or briefs. I was stunned but managed to say briefs which was technically correct even though they were oink with lace around the waist. She said 'good just take off your shorts and you can leave your underwear on' . I about had a heart attack until she handed me a blanket and stepped out while I undressed and covered up. She scanned me from the groin to the knee. I was never so happy when she finally finished. I was tired thinking about baseball.

I did finally go back in for surgery but at this point, I had removed the polish from my toes. After this incident, I don't think I will be as worried as I had been before seeing as I have already faced one of my Crossdressing fears now.

Cynthia
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

I went to my Dr for a hip pain and during the exam he asked me to take off my shoes and socks. I’m thinking oops and did so. The Doc did not flinch but his female assistant smiled when they saw my pretty pink toes.
    Crissy

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Been there, done that. Years ago I wore nail polish on my toes all the time except in the summers. When I had my annual physicals my MD never asked me to remove my socks but this was 1999 and I had just turned 50. He directed me to take my socks off and I said why. He said at my age he started to check pedal pulses to check for circulation issues at my age. I balked but he was firm so I took them off. He smiled and said my nails looked nice and we never said another word about it. If he had rechecked my blood pressure he would have called 911.

Just the shaved legs. My teen granddaughters friend asked if shaved then. I told her sometimes and she went away and was the end of it. And we had a young lady (summer help)ask it I polish my nails told her yes. They had a clear coat on them.
    Angie

This happened a little over five years ago.

I wear panties 24/7. We are driving home from visiting family in a different city. It's winter and the roads are awful.

I'm taking a nap while the wife drives. Well she starts yelling at me about being in trouble, we are sliding all over the road out of control. Bam into the ditch, T-bone a dirt berm at 60 miles an hour. I end up with a broken neck.

While we are sitting there waiting to be rescued, I realize I have panties on and there is nothing to be done. This is going to be interesting.

We get to the hospital and they finally get me some pain medication. I'm doped up pretty good. So far I still have my pants on. Then I hear the orderly say something about removing my pants. I'm barely conscious. I'm trying to warn him but must not have been too coherent. Down come the pants, there's a short pregnant pause followed by a "Oh!".

I'm guessing something was probably put on my chart but no one ever said anything. I spent several days in a hospital dressing gown and my panties. The only time I was a little bit suspicious about who knew was when a couple of nurses came in to fit me for a neck brace. As I tried to sit up one of them said "don't worry we won't look."

Overall it was a non-event in terms of what I was wearing, but I do wonder who knew.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 02-18-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

Rereading this section i was reminded of the time I was going in for the type exam where you drink all this ill tasting liquid before the exam. If you are over 60 you know what I mean. For the exam you are required to fully disrobe and wear a gown. On the exam table your robe is pulled up and a nurse inserts a long camera tube up your rear. A bit uncomfortable but while she was doing this she commented on my painted toes.Telling me she loved the color ans asking what it is. Made me relax. Then the doctor, who is in a glass walled room to study the the camera images introduced herself. She introduced herself as Dr. Endo. I started chuckle and asked me what was wrong. I said think about what you are doing and your name is. She and the nurse had never put the two together. We all got a rise out of this.