So a couple of weeks ago I was in an accident and had to be taken to the ER for my injuries. As I called and told my wife I realized that I had recently painted my toenails the most sparkly red color I had in my collection box and also had shaved my legs within a few days. This was stressing me out more than the injury at the time and my wife responded with "don't worry we can tell them out kid did it".

So after sitting in the ER for what seemed like an eternity I was ushered into the back room and took my place on a stretcher and after waiting a while longer a DR came in to look at the injury which required taking off my socks. There in all their Red Sparkly glory were my nails, and to my suprise not even a second look or reaction. Although I should have seen this coming as they are medical staff, they are not worried what I look like but how to fix my injuries.

It was not until a little later that someone actualy made a comment on how nice they looked and who did them for me and really the only other comment was from the recovery nurses who were quite enthralled with them and told me I could confide in them. I did keep the story going but also added it's 2019 and it's not a big deal.

It was still quite funny as I spent the next 4 days being rolled around or hopping around the ward with my red nails not giving a crap at that point, it was nice. And only a single nurse noticed just before I went home that my legs were shaved.

Anyone else have a story like this?

Cynthia