Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resolutions

Resolutions

Well, we are a little more than one month into the new year. How many of you are still committed to your resolutions? Weight loss, looking good in that new dress, less alcohol, etc. I lost 12 pounds, but in this month I seem less dedicated. Do any of you have any ideas to stay the course? This seems to happen to me every year; I start strong but do not reach my goal.
    Love, Sabrina

Hi Sabrina, this is a timely thread and a little bit of a kick in the butt for me. I have a February birthday, so I have a tendency to put off new year resolutions until then. I plan on starting to get back into running this year, and to lose a few pounds.

For me running is easy to start because I just go out for a walk with some running mixed in and just up the running as I start to get in better shape.

Great job on losing the 12 lbs.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Leelou; 02-02-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Stay focused on the outcome you want to achieve and take baby steps to build up to a giant leap. The 12 pounds already should help keep you motivated.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sabrina. Goals are difficult to achieve. It’s far easier to focus on modifying behaviors or adopting new behaviors that may lead to acheiving goals. The analogy is sports....every professional team has the ultimate goal of winning a championship. But if that’s how one measures success, every team but one has failed. In contrast, we can commit ourselves to a process, following a path with the expectation that doing so may lead us to a goal. Succes, then is measured in following the system and progressing towards the goal.

for me, the steps in my process are related to fitness, measured by nights per week at the gym, and frequency of allowing myself self expression. I’m making more progress in the former than the latter...but I have 11 months to go!
    Last edited by kimdl93; 02-03-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I never make resolutions because I don't know what the next day will bring.
    Setting resolutions with the knowledge that you may not reach them only lead to a high failure rate.
    I do set goals that are withing reach tho'.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I gave up that New Years nonsense countless years ago.

My goal is to just wake up. Then, find things to enjoy that day! No matter what I have to do that day, I always find something I enjoy doing!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 02-03-2019 at 01:18 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sabrina,
    Last year I made the resolution to stop making resolutions !! They only end up screwing you up .
    The problem I have at the start of the New Year I have so many plans to put into action and the weather usually turns foul, being cold , wet and miserable , so I end up curled by the open fire thinking maybe next month when the weather is better , my dog usually agrees and stretches out at my feet and closes her eyes again !

My long time observation is the gym is crowded the first few weeks of January but back to normal attendance by February, so I think you’re in the mainstream on this Sabrina.

I make my resolutions easy to keep, that way I get complete satisfaction. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I made a resolution to loose weight at the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, my father was dying and passed a couple of weeks ago. So dealing with traveling to see him and then the wake and funeral, I failed. Usually I have been pretty successful with resolutions in the past, I am hoping to start this week with my resolution.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I do not make them that way I do not break them! Hugs Lana Mae (Tried three times years ago and was not successful!)
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member
    Always Shave .. so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. It hurts, I know. Sincere hugs!

My new year's resolution this year, as it is every year, is to wear full makeup every day. I've already broken it, but I'm getting closer.

Aspiring Member
    Resolved not to buy any tops, skirts or dresses in 2019. Shoes, tights etc OK, but no outer clothes.

24 Jan - bought 5 dresses, 1 blouse, 2 cardigans, 1 skirt and 4 pairs of shoes. Oh dear. Four of the dresses were in sales and seriously reduced - one from £350 to £50 but one of the dresses was full price at £137, but I wore it for the next four days it is so wonderful.

There's always next year.

Hi Sabrina, you just need to keep working at it, and make some of your goals fun, this is how my resolutions for the year have gone so far:

To dress more, even if I need a couple (or several) away trips of my own… (heading out today for an overnighter to Kingman for work, Yes!)

To get better with my makeup (Been watching tutorials and buying more makeup, I'm getting some practice tonight)

To smile in my pictures (Taking some pics tonight and I will smile!)

To lose some weight (Down to ~162 from a high a few years ago of 185)

To continue exercising, my bicycling goal is 3000 miles this year, (257 miles in January, about half were in a bra too, which really motivates!)

To go out at least once dressed up in daylight (Maybe on this trip, I'm planning on at least one walk, but most likely in the dark, Kingman might not be the most transgender friendly place)

To meet w/ other TG/CD people...

To soften my wife's stance on all things transgender... (this one may be impossible)

The hard part is I am absolutely closeted, 1000%, so all this is working around my drab life, just work at it girl, you will get there.

About my only resolution was to make it through the year alive.

So far, so good!

(and yes, this is a frivolous answer!)

Different things work out for different people. I don't make definite resolutions. "I will do my best to........" It makes it so much easier if you fall off the wagon you're not beating yourself up about it and making it harder to get back on the wagon.
    Also I have found that setting your mind up for things that help you stay positive can be very helpful. Like saying aloud first thing in the morning "today is going to be a great day in .....(your goals). To help with that you might post a poster in your room that you see when you wake up.
    So I guess I'm saying that if you aren't a regimented person and can't "just do it" you need to figure out what would work best for you and do the best you can.

Personally I look at my fat and consider how it makes me feel and find some motivation in that.
    Good Luck and celebrate the "WINS"!!

I've been working on my voice. I can't sing, do impressions or even an accent, so it's tough going. You can't overdo it either, because you can really strain your throat. But I am working on it, and so we'll see if it makes any difference.

I'm down to about 155 lbs now. Cardio and no carbs. 1 day a week I let myself splurge. I think 150 is a reasonable goal for my height (5'8") & frame size. 145 would actual put me in the "healthy" female range, but makes me look like I'm sick, so there is a balance.

I make the same resolution every year, that is to never make any resolutions. And every year I manage to keep to it, that is until it's time to make new resolutionsite! !!!
    Utions

I don't make resolutions but I realized that I may be able to reduce my waist size with a little bit of exercise. It is now down to 25 inches, the thinnest it has been in two decades. Which puts my waist/hip ratio firmly into the girly range!

Hi Sabrina -
    I got away from resolutions - it just started to feel like I was setting my self up and then could just reset for next year. I now set small achievable goals and strive for them - no ceremony or oath. It may be all semantics but it seems easier to manage for me. Keeping them realistic is key for me...something I can actually do and it is worthwhile for me. I wish you all teh best on your adventure. Cheers
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Never make any because they do not work

Sabrina, if your resolution is related with loosing weight, all diets will disappoint you. The only way of loosing weight that work in time is to assume a ew lyfe style that is more than whst.you do or don't eat.
    For me had worked Keto.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

My resolution to excersise regularly started in October and stopped in December. I did pick it back up though in January and still going strong. The women's workout clothes I bought and wear when I work out keeps me motivated.

First I thought buying no new clothes this year would be a good resolution since I easily have enough to last for a few years. Second I thought I'll buy less clothes this year, that seems more realistic.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!