Thread: Hi from Sally

Hi from Sally

Hi,
    I joined a few years ago, after 2 failed attempts at transition, I tried to make a marriage work and due to my gender issues we are divorcing
    i live near London, my desire to transition is as strong as ever
    I'm 58 now, feel i've left it too late!
    I have the opportunity to explore possibilities, I have reached a crossroad in my life
    feel isoliated and scared!
    Sally

Hi, Sally! I am 67 and just started hormones a few months now! It is never too late! You are here and are at the right place for knowledge and encouragement mixed with family type love! You are definately not alone! There are many girls from "merry old England" on the forum! I am sure a few will chime in! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hi Sally! I started transition at 70, it took 15 years off my age. If you have to really do this, age is not a barrier.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Welcome to the club you sweet young thing. I put it off until just after I was 69 years old and it was a good choice. I thought I'd lost the ability to be happy but I'm seeing I was just spending too much of my time fighting against myself. Your mileage may vary, but I'm more comfortable now than I've been in a very long time.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Hi Sally and welcome!
    As I usually say, better late than never...
    Also, I wouldn't consider the past as failures, just warm ups!
    The mind is a powerful thing that will help or hinder your journey and when facing the hindering, you are in the right place for support to help you through...
    Cheers at 54!

Banned Read only
    Sally,
    I had a conversation with a member of my social group in transition and she tells me in her clinic there are some waiting for surgery in their eighties , they still believe it's worth it .

I wonder if you are viewing it from the wrong angle , calling them failed attempts is a negative view , it can make you feel inadequate and possibly a failure , maybe try and see it as the time not being right for such life changing events .

I feel Sarah has a point about not fighting against yourself .

Sally, you're not alone. I start HRT on 58 years old too.
    Now I'm 10 months after and feel happy, safe, secure of what I'm doing. Feel free to pm and ask me whatever...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

OK. We've dealt with the age thing, and it's clear there are gender issues in play here, but the mention of "two failed transitions" begs questions of why. Counseling seems like good next step. Getting clarity is truly a gift, no matter which path you end up taking.

Hi Sally,

i knew a Sally once, in thr 90's, near London, who was transitioning, but I lost touch, no idea if this was you or another. Anything we can do to help? I'm also 58, and it's never too late. Feel like talking, PM me?

xxx Pam
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Hi Sally. I started HRT at 65. So glad I did. I think everybody is scared at one time or another. Are you seeing a therapist?

I recently had a cancer scare, less than a month after transitioning and going through all that upheaval and anxiety. and yet, as I waited for the medical news, I realized that even a worst-case scenario, terminal prognosis, etc, would still not erase my deep feeling that the transition had already been worth it! Even if it ended right there! And I am 63. (I got a clean bill of health, as well as a bill that will clean me out of $$, but the symptoms, it turns out, were me internalizing all the anxiety that went with divorce, moving, transitioning, etc. I feel fine now.)

So as Warren Zevon said: "Enjoy Every Sandwich!" There is no such thing as too late or too little when it comes to embracing and living your core identity. That's what I've learned and I don't apologize to anyone for my age at transition. Good luck!

e.a.