Thread: Missed opportunity or fortunate mistake?

Missed opportunity or fortunate mistake?

I have a story story to share, but first some context about me.
    I have ADHD. I was raised by a selfish, absent mother. I was usually unaware of how my actions and behavior affected others. I was a pretty impulsive individual also.
    About 10 years ago I was prescribed medication to lessen the hurdles of ADHD. Since then I've become more cognizant of my own emotions and how they affect people around me. I'm glad I am who I am today.

With that in mind, here's my tale.

I took a Caribbean cruise, alone, in 1998.

I had been dabbling in crossdressing at the same time. Not very serious.

On about the 2nd day, I decided to get a pedicure. The person doing nails was a nice man from the UK.

I really wanted them polished. I kept thinking "Should I get them polished or not? "

At the end the nice man looked at me and I knew what he was thinking. "Should I ask this man if he would like his toes polished? "
    He didn't actually ask me. He just asked if there was anything else.

I didn't have the guts to say I wanted my toes to be shiny, polished, and for all the world to see.

I think about that day and what affect it might have had on my life had I admitted I wanted them polished. If my impulsivity would have gotten a push in another direction.

Firstly, I'm glad you found a way to overcome ADHD.
    Many of us here find it relaxing / comforting to defy the "norm" and live the lives we actually "want to live".
    No body gets hurt by us being us and generally we try not to offend.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

We can't look back and say what might have been if had done so n so or did this instead of not doing what you are thinking today. My suggestion is you can never find what might have been but you can start living the life you want today at this very moment. We can't change our past but we can control what we do in our futures. Hope this makes some sense.

Well now you don't have to miss those opportunities! Go get that pedicure with wild toenail polish, or not. Do as you please

I don't think of it as a missed opportunity, more like a balanced decision at the time.

You will have other opportunities in the future and be more practiced at dressing too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    I get my toenails polished at a salon. Clear, not colored, but polished, none the less. Clear polish doesn't really stand out and it helps to strengthen the nails. I get my fingernails done as well.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    There is an easy to get the technician to ask: Show up for your pedicure en femme. I have had pedicures both in drab and en femme. Polish was never mentioned in drab, not even hinted at. Even before the door closed behind me on the way in, on every occasion when I was en femme, each technician had already asked about my color preference.