Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hippo out and about

Sounds to me like you had the time of your life! When do we get more photos?

Well here is another small trip for the Hippo.
    Last Thursday I had my acrylic nail extensions looked after. (Never realized how fast my nails grow.)
    Got home and the glittery finish of the polish was too rough to suit me. I applied two coats of top coat. Let it dry a couple hours, then took a fingernail file and knocked down the high spots. Then applied another coat of Top Coat. When that coat was dry I applied some flower decals with rhinestones onto my thumbs and sealed those on with more Top Coat. My finger nails were as slick and smooth, except for the rhinestones, as a 60s Caddy bumper.
    Friday, I got dressed up with a mild evening makeup job.
    Went to the event location. There I learned that the event was cancelled.
    Having nowhere to go, I drove over to the nail shop. I promised them that I would come in when dressed. When I walked in no one recognized me and thought I was another customer.
    Then one of the girls recognized my voice, but wasn’t sure.
    I broke down and revealed who I was by showing them my Drab driver’s permit.
    After 10 some photos and some chat, I came home.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-17-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Great photo! So next time you get your nails done, will you be going as Leslie?

Quote Originally Posted by Macey View Post
    Great photo! So next time you get your nails done, will you be going as Leslie?
    It depends on what else is planned for the day. The male side of me is well entrenched in this cosmopolitan, bible belt, and redneck community which is the fourth largest metropolis in the state. I would be more inclined to go out and about if I had a CD buddy.
    This last trip was during daylight hours. I felt like a vampire under a paper and bamboo umbrella on a sunny day.

I think I will start referring to this wig as my "Maude - Golden Girls wig".

Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-17-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Yes I did g as Leslie. That was almost a month ago. For the last 3 weeks I have been wearing 1/4 inch extensions. They are done in a bright red high and large flaked glitter polish. After I got home, the rest of the day I worked on covering up the granular (bumpy) finish. The last two weeks the tops of my nails are smoother than the finish on my auto. I have a small Butterfly on the back of each thumb.
    My process is to apply a coat of "top Coat" let it dry for an hour, Lightly Sand down the high points then repeat a second time. Now I use a 6000 grit emery board for the next tw layers. Then finish it off with another Top Coat. I do not have troubles with chipping of flaking.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-17-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Love the red nails.

Banned Spammer
    Cool idea .

Banned Spammer
    That looks great what an awesome idea.

Next time I will use my registered business logo. I have it tattooed on the back outside of my right ankle. If i put on black polish and my yellow and red logo, they would match.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Oh, USAF nails! How cool!
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Well, last Friday I drove up to Dark AnGGel's home in the Nashville, TN area. Saturday evening I drover over to a GNO with the T-VALs group. Took One photo. Got to the GNO 30 min late, missed a turn on the interstate and then had to find my way to the meeting place using my cell phone GPS. We sat and talked over dinner. on the way back to Dark AnGGel's apartment I had to drive through a torrid rain storm. Mon and Tue I helped Dark AnGGel with cleaning. Returned home to make a DR appointment.
    The whole weekend trip cost me only $60.Sorry no full length photos were shot. Just 3 close-ups. each with two people in them so I clipped this one for you to see.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-26-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Banned Spammer
    Glad to see you made the trip safely.

I have stopped for gas while dressed many times. No one has ever even appeared to be clocking me, but if they were I'd just smile and say "hi". On a number of occasions I've gone inside for drinks or something and no one has ever made me feel uncomfortable. And, if you're wondering, no I don't pass If you are 200 miles from home the chances of you being clocked by someone you know are astronomically small. Just go, have a good time and enjoy yourself. But do carry some drab cloths in case you do need to change for an emergency while on the road.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Caden View Post
    I have stopped for gas while dressed many times. No one has ever even appeared to be clocking me, but if they were I'd just smile and say "hi". On a number of occasions I've gone inside for drinks or something and no one has ever made me feel uncomfortable. And, if you're wondering, no I don't pass If you are 200 miles from home the chances of you being clocked by someone you know are astronomically small. Just go, have a good time and enjoy yourself. But do carry some drab cloths in case you do need to change for an emergency while on the road.
    I should have read your other posts before I tossed my 2 cents worth in, looks like you had a great time, I'm jealous

Thank you Nikki for your reply. As of yet I have not packed any Drab clothing, but maybe I should for times like in 2010 4 of us (myself and 3 support people) were headed to a location south by south east of Atlanta for my firs ever make over and then to the Sig Eps meeting. we were in my 2002 F-150 Super Cab had a blowout while headed into Atlanta. It was a hot day and we were booking along at 80 MPH when the tire over-heated and blew out. The tires were not designed for extended high-speed hot pavement.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Silver Member
    In all fairness to Leslie, it is possible some of the gas stations in/around Atlanta might be a bit... rough at night. I remember driving on an interstate on the south side of Baltimore at night and stopping to get gas; I ended up in an area I really didn't feel safe in. Didn't want to be there en drab, much less en femme at night when I would have really stood out.

Hippo in a Tutu on the move again Sep trip

Hippo in a Tutu on the move again.
    Good day girls. This second weekend in September, I took a trip to the Atlanta, Ga. for a meeting of the local Cross Dressers. I was treating myself to this trip as a birthday present.

Wednesday, I topped of my fuel tank for the 4-hour, 189-mile trip one way. My auto will do 328 miles on a tank full, if the driving conditions allow, so I knew that if I did any driving in Atlanta, that I would be needing more fuel to get home. This time I DIDN'T carry a fuel can, but did have a single change of cloths for the drab me.

Thursday
    In the morning my beauty air brush makeup kit arrived. I unpacked it, ran through the inventory list and parts. Everything was there as ordered.

I just had to check out this new toy.

I located a near empty bottle of liquid foundation that had gotten too low for the pump on the bottle to bring up because it was too thick. I added some (too much) water, then some of the foundation I am now using. Closed the bottle and vigorously shook it up. Now I had a liquid that I could and did put into the top loading air brush. I turned on the tank-less compressor. The compressor charges up the air line (hose) and shuts off. As you use the airbrush, it cycles on and off as needed. I think I will make a small air reservoir (tank) for the air line.

I proceeded to coat the back of one hand. Remember this is a new tool, and I was working out the techniques of using the double action air brush with makeup. I am not a newbie when it comes to air brushes and air guns. I used to paint murals on vans in the late 60s.

You push the trigger down to start the air flowing through the brush, and pull the trigger back to release the makeup/paint. This is how you control how much makeup you are using. Pull it back just a little and put the brush real close and you can paint fine likes of about .5mm. pull it all the way back and you get a 2? wide spray at eight inches distant. This allows you to apply large amounts to large areas and small amounts in small areas. The makeup applies almost dry. It also allows you to build up or touch up makeup on skin blemishes.

That foundation concoction I made, which was much lighter than my sun-tanned hand, it didn't want to wash off. It seems I used a foundation for use around a pool. I used my normal foundation remover and it came off.

Observation: You spend more time setting up and cleaning up after use, then it takes to do you face.

Later that day I received the bottle of foundation makeup. (will be getting some airbrush cleaner for makeup).

Thursday night: Prepped and loaded my luggage into my auto (except my makeup kit).

Friday Morning: Dressing for the trip to Atlanta, GA.
    I started by putting on foundation garments. A pair of pink panties, no hose of any type, a nude corset without cups, a nude bra and my forms. Did my minimal travel makeup. Closed up the makeup kit including the airbrush kit inside.
    On the outside of me, I put on a NEW pair of heels (flats with a 2? heel), a nicely cut pair of black slacks, and a blue and white peasant top. I pulled my bra and corset straps off my exposed shoulders. I wore my gray and white short wig (my favorite Maud wig).

I, by my actions, decided to tell my nosy neighbors ?to heck with you? and finished loading my car as Leslie Mary for the trip. My real problem neighbors had moved away. I put the makeup kit and my purse into my auto. Forgot my phone, had to go back in and get it. That is two round trips outside in the bright Alabama sun.

The drive over Sand Mt, thru Rome, GA area, and on to the hotel was uneventful. Once I was settled into my room, we girls went to dinner. I returned to my room. Some of the girls went to a concert, others went to a special black jack game event.
    I went to bed.

Saturday
    Got up and dressed in a black skirt, and floral blouse, and my favorite flat black shoes for the general meeting. I had signed up for none of the scheduled afternoon events so I stayed in my room and enjoyed it.

That evening I met up with 4 other of the girls for dinned at the ?5 Church Restaurant? in downtown Atlanta. We waited at our table about 15 minutes to just get menus and place our drinks, so we could place our orders. The sound level was over 95 db all the time (I measured it). From the time we placed our food order till it came was over an hour. Other people had come in, got there food, and left before we got ours. I had ordered a glass of wine and was told they were sold out. Then I was given a glass of that wine and told that they had found another bottle. I was never shown the bottle. I think they did a substitute with some Greek Retsatia wine thinking I would object and make a scene. What they did not know is that I developed a taste for Retsatia wine when I was in Theslalnikia, Greece.

After dinner we went over to the Alliance Theater for our viewing of the stage play ?Becoming Nancy?

Quick scenario, The play takes place in present day England. A boy is picked to play the part of ?Nancy the street walker", in his school?s production of ?Oliver?. The play revolves around how his family, fellow actors, and classmates react to him playing a female part. I will leave off with anything more of the play?s story-line. Go see it for yourself, it is very good.

I returned to my room, packed up, loaded my car as Leslie Mary, showered, went to bed.

Sunday morning, I drove home in drab. On the way home, I stopped to search for 3 Geocaches, a hobby of mine.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Banned Spammer
    Sounds like make up air brushes have gotten better than when I had mine.
    Very hard to control was my issue.
    Glad you had a nice trip.

The first thing is make sure you have a double action gravity feed air brush and an air compressor (not an aerosol can) that can supply you with enough air. I use about 15 PSI when using my bigger compressor.
    The thicker the media the more air pressure you need.
    The trick is to trigger the air so you can feel it on your face and using a mirror, you will see the skin push in a bit to tell you were it is pointed. Then slowly slide back the trigger to start to and the makeup to the air. Don't rush. Speed will come with experience.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Banned Spammer
    I did ok with it because I had some air brush experience in the past.
    My kit just made a huge mess with over spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    The first thing is make sure you have a double action gravity feed air brush and an air compressor (not an aerosol can) that can supply you with enough air. I use about 15 PSI when using my bigger compressor.
    The thicker the media the more air pressure you need.
    The trick is to trigger the air so you can feel it on your face and using a mirror, you will see the skin push in a bit to tell you were it is pointed. Then slowly slide back the trigger to start to and the makeup to the air. Don't rush. Speed will come with experience.
    If Tim Allen was a Crossdresser lol...

lol Tim Allen Grin. The bigger air stuff is for bigger art work than a face. I am thinking of doing some body painting on one of my models.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Closing this thread as it was started in February, 2019. Please start a new thread for further "out and about" updates.