Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hippo out and about

Hippo out and about

This is fair warning. The hippo will leave home and drive the four hours to a dinner in Atlanta, Ga, and then drive home. I will have a camera with me. Wish me luck. I might chicken out on the driving dressed. (That is where I had a bit of trouble when getting gas in Atlanta. GA. the last time)
    I can get @330 miles on a tank of gas. The round trip is 400 miles. (humm, let's see, if I carry a 5 gal can in the trunk with a change kit)
    I might do a quick change in the fuel station on the way home. Or bump a few gallons into the tank at a rest stop from the fuel can.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-17-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Leslie Mary,

So, you're worried that if you stop in a gas station hundreds of miles from where you live, someone might read you. Why should you care in the slightest? I've done this any number of times, been read, referred to as "mate" not ma'am but will that stop me doing it again. Not on your life!

Pull up your big girl knickers and go for it. Opportunities like this are there to be grabbed. Live your life, take the opportunity, take the experience.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Leslie, there are plenty of gas stations in the Atlanta area near where the dinner is being held. I've never had any kind of problem in that area when out dressed. You are safer getting gas in a well lit, busy station than trying to fill from a gas can at a rest stop. I look forward to seeing you on Saturday evening.
    Phoebe

I don't get why you can't just stop and get gas.

If you are worried about how your dressed, just wear a Big sweater. I do.

Enjoy and have a good time.

I normally carry gas. mostly for other drivers. As I posted earlier it was from a fuel station near were the group used to meet on the south east part of town. The station was inside the I-285 loop. This time it is the north east.
    I see I can get gas at the "Quick Trip" nearest my destination. When I get into town then I am ready to come home.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I was so worried about running out of gas on the Strip my 1st T girl event in Vegas at 2 AM!

That when I found an open station, getting out, paying, and filling my tank in this outfit was the last of my concern's, Leslie!

8688.jpg
    I grew up A LOT as a CD that nite!

I hope your trip is just as eventful!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Leslie, we had talked before about long drives to dress. I finish dressing as soon as I hit the interstate after that who cares. Big sweater sunglasses and getting gas at a busy well lit station good ideas. The place I have ran in to creeps has been the rest stops. Have fun. Hugs

Reality Check
    A lady wouldn't be seen putting gas from a can into her vehicle at a rest stop. You would draw attention to yourself by doing this. When you need gas, pull into a gas station and fill your tank. Use a credit card so you don't have to go inside. Nobody will bother you.
    Krisi

If you feel that aprehensive, do a quick change, it is an easy way out.

Maybe your Atlanta experience is a one off anyway.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    You didn't say what sort of trouble you had pumping gas in Atlanta, but normally pumping gas shouldn't be a problem. Pick a decent neighborhood of course and daytime is better. You don't have to get gas in Atlanta, get it outside of Atlanta on the way there or the way back. If you want, use the pumps as far from the office as possible and park on the side away from the office.
    Krisi

Leslie...just have a GOOD TIME and enjoy yourself. When you need to stop for gas, just go and get some gas and keep moving on your trip! Have fun!

Seriously? When I'm in Drab and pumping gasoline in my SUV I hardly ever look at the other patrons. If you go to one of the super-stations such as Pilot Flying J, Sheetz, Valero, Chevron, Citgo, etc., they are brightly lit and safe, and you can buy gasoline just by inserting a credit card at the pump and don't even need to go near the retail operation where the restrooms and food sales counters are located. Have fun, and don't sweat the small stuff!

OK here we go.
    The trip to Atlanta.
    Day one:
    I got ready and loaded what I wanted into the car. Got partially dressed and applied what little make-up I was going to wear for the 4-hour drive. Put on my tan London Fog trench coat to cover my chest. My wig hat, and skirt were in the car on the top. I wore my drab boots and trousers. Stopped to get gas and then started the drive.
    I stopped about 15 miles at closed gas station, I took off my boots, slid my skirt into place and dropped my trousers, put on my black 2" heels (size 12W), took off the coat, put on my hat. I used the hat with my own hair because it covered my male pattern baldness. Changed earrings.
    I then realized I forgot my purse. So, I dug around in my hard camera case and found an accessory bag that would work nicely.
    I attached the charger cable to my phone, activated my phone GPS and drove the remaining 3.75 hours. The time went quickly because I spent most of the time talking to Ronda. Ronda was making a 6-hour drive from NC. The talking really does help both in making the time pass and to keep up the confidence. Ronda was on the road before I started and actually got there before I did. When I was about 10 miles from the Redlands Restaurant, I made a wrong turn. I used my GPS to find my way on the "Side roads" but it slowed me down and used up 20 minutes of my 30-minute buffer.
    There were 8 of us at the restaurant. I met Janet, Wendy, and another Leslie. Of course, Ronda, and Phobie and 2 other members. I ordered a salad and a glass of water to help keep me on my diet. A few group photos were taken. (Not releasable)
    After diner I was to return home. Ronda offered me the use of some space in her hotel room. I took her up on it since I had just received a call cancelling my Friday appointment back home and I was not looking forward to the four-hour drive home at night. Her room had a couch. I did not sleep well, it is a common problem for me when I am on the road The first night I can’t sleep that first night, too wound up. I ended getting a mere 3 hr. I was so awake, I could have driven home.

Day 2:
    In the morning I went out to my car and brought in my travel kit so I could wear something else for the day.
    I always carry a clothing travel kit, fuel can, tool kit, Jumper cables. No spare fan belts this trip yet – it’s new car. This is a habit I developed while stationed in Germany in the 60s.
    I put on blue front buttoning short sleeved velvet blouse, a black mid-thigh high skirt, 3” black wedges, and my now trusty barrette, which I had just pinned a rhinestone-encrusted dragonfly onto the front.
    We had a late breakfast.

Shortly after our breakfast, some of the other ladies started showing up to set up the meeting in a room in that hotel.
    Naturally, two of the relatively local ladies were ready for lunch.
    Off we went to the parking lot. We decided to carpool in one car. I had realized that I needed to were my trench coat. It was cold outside about 44° F.
    We went to the “Downwind Restaurant and Lounge” in the DeKalb Peachtree Airport. A small regional airport just 22 miles (north of north by north east - for those who like compass-rose headings) of the big Atlanta Airport (ATL – Hartsfield – Jackson Atlanta International Airport). After lunch we returned to the hotel, we all went up to the meeting room and chatted a while. A few photos were taken. The girls warned me of the Friday rush hour traffic. I said my good byes, went to Ronda’s room and got my travel kit and stuff which I had already packed-up.
    Ronda accompanied me to the lobby where we said our good byes. Out I went to my car. Kit in tow, Camera on my shoulder and trench coat on. It was a bit too cold to go to my car without my Trench Coat on.
    I se up my GPS on my cell phone to point me home. Off I go.
    All was going fine for the first 3 miles on I-285W. Then I got into the “Creep and Crawl” traffic on I-285W. There had been two fender benders in the two left lanes of a six-lane section of the highway I think one caused the other. This caused the six lanes worth of traffic to have merge into the remaining 4 lanes along with the traffic trying to get onto the highway. By then, I had already worked myself into lane # 3. It took me over 45 min to get to I-75N.
    Once I got onto I-75N I got maybe 3 miles before there was another fender bender forced choke. It took me some 30 minutes to get by that.
    Up near Rome, GA, I took a series of local roads as a short cut over Sand Mt. to recover 30 minutes. All was going fine for the first 20 miles of this shorter route. Then I reached an “all stop” situation. A I was told that a driver went out of control and drover the north embankment and down into a forty foot ravine. The fire department, EMS, and wrecker service had the road totally blocked.
    After waiting about 15 minutes, I turned around and went back 5 miles to a side road. Got my GPS to adjust to this new strange route. It took me another hour to get back to US-72W. When I got to US-72W I still had another hours-worth of driving.
    When I got home, I checked the mail box at the mail box building, drove to my home. I brought in only that which I needed for the night.

Day 3:
    When I got up, I looked at the photos that were taken on my camera. The group photos and night time time-lapse photos were good except for those group photos I was in (camera was wielded by a waiter).
    I saw in those photos that I was a mess all the time.
    I am so ashamed of my look that I will not be posting those photos.
    Instead I will work on correcting those things I did wrong. The next time I go I hope to not look like a bag lady.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-17-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Leslie Mary, very nice pictures.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hippo On the road again.
    Last Sat, after a Nashville medical appointment I got a change to go to dinner with the Nashville TVAL group. It was just a dinner. DarkAnGGel did my make-up and nails. (Just the fingers due to the hangnail surgery I recently had, which is the reason for the temporary ban on heels) .

DarkAnGGel drove. Ashley and I were passengers.

When our party of 3 got to the restraint, we asked the young Marta D where the TVAL girls were sitting. The server didn’t know who we were talking about. Then one of the servers came up and said “they are over there”. She took us to the table. It was round and in a corner. The table was designed for six or seven people. We were already nine. They moved us to another round table with a rectangular table moved up to the round table. When all the group was there we had 12 big adults. Here is what I was wearing.

Our sub-group of 3 felt that the service was intentionally poor.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-17-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You look just fine Leslie.
    Glad you had a good time.

Platinum Member
    Hi Leslie , It sure looks like you had a wonderful time. >Orchid ...+..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The pictures look very nice.

I'm glad you had a good time in spite of your gas problem.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

You have to dress enfemme, and carry gas if you must. Have a great time, and tell us about it when you get back.

Go for it Lesile. I'm driving to locust grove ga. in September and I'm thinking of wearing a skirt part of the drive.
    Angie

forewarning the hippo will be on the road to Atlanta the week of May 17 - 19, 2019.
    Going to a private formal ball in one of my gowns. I have four of them. Taking my photo set-up too.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Well today is the day before I go to Atlanta. I was at lunch with my son today. On the way home I stopped into a local nail shop in drab. I had already prepared several glue on sets of nails to wear this weekend but thought"Why not get something that won't pop off. I got a manicure with appellation of Acrylic nails. I had them painted bright metallic/glittery RED. (Of course). Didn't get the toes done for two reasons. Most importantly I had just had toenail surgery (Hang nail removal) and the shoes I am going to wear are closed-toes. No photos (Yet).
    I am driving the 150 miles to Atlanta dressed, all the time I am in Atlanta outside my room I will be En femme and will drive home dressed.
    I am fully packed except for my make-up kit. Including my Photo Studio equipment and will be going it alone on doing everything because my GG friend, DarkAnGGel, has to work.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-17-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Have a nice and safe trip.

.....Spring Ball Trip
    Thursday evening, I finished packing my luggage and photo equipment. I am to be the group photographer at the meeting called “The Spring Ball. Each attendee on Saturday evening is supposed to wear a ball gown.
    .....Day one Friday
    Bright and early Friday morning, I get up, put on my travel face and clothes. Nude pantie hose, Turquoise peasant blouse, a pair of black trousers, brunet wig, and black patent leather shoes with mild 1.5-inch heels.
    I carry out my make-up kit, cameras, and purse. Then go back in and got my laptop which was already bagged up.
    By now the sun is up and so are my noisy neighbors.
    Here I was going in and out of my house fully dressed en fem.
    Off I went.
    I turn on my sound system and insert the prepared music flash drive into it.
    Not even 5 miles out I remembered some things I needed but had left at home. Back home I go. As I am driving back home, I remembered three other things I was supposed to bring. In I go and collected the items. I was in the house less than five minutes but the school bus goes by.
    Again, more time exposed to the neighbors. But I do not see anyone.
    I think I got out unseen.
    I stop at a fuel station to top of my tank for the 3.5-hour trip into a very big city.
    I started my GPS program on my phone for the trip. I had put all the destinations into my phone days ago.
    As I am driving, I keep a close eye out for everything and set the cruse control for the speed limits of the highway I was on. The route is not unknown to me but I still use the GPS just as a precaution. After about 30 minutes my route changes from four lane divided inter-state highway onto a windy two lane local roads with construction and schools areas and school buses.
    I am feeling a lot more comfortable as I am driving, I am feeling female like.
    As I am passing through a small town. All of a sudden, I hear a siren, Its coming from behind me. Oh shoot, I think, I’ve tripped a radar trap. I start looking for a safe place to pull over. Then the ambulance shoots by me, goes maybe five blocks and turns off. Now I am a bit rattled. I soon settle down. Two and a half hours I rejoin the Inter-state system near Atlanta, GA. Now I will say this about driving in Atlanta, if you drive the posted speed limits any hour of the day or night, you are asking to be rear ended or side swiped. Leave two car lengths between your vehicle and the one in front of you and someone else will move into that space.
    I finally get to the hotel located on the north side of Atlanta. I pull up to the main entrance. There is plenty of people around, coming and going, and even a tour bus off-loading. Boy was I nervous. I have a bellhop cart those items from my car that are going up to my room.
    I park my car, text DarkAnGGel (GG friend) in Nashville, TN that I was there, and walked to the main entrance of the hotel, still nervous about being stopped and called out as a MIAD, never happened.
    I stopped by the front desk to pick up my room entrance card. In this hotel you need your room card even to go up or down in the elevator unless you find someone going to the same floor as yourself. Got onto the elevator with 10 other people plus the bellhop and my luggage on a cart. I get a "Good Afternoon" from one of the students from the tour bus. I reply in my nearest attempt at a female voice “Good afternoon to you too”. No looks or side comments from anyone else.
    I get into my room, take off my shoes and make a couple phone calls to let the gurls (heterosexual crossdressers) that I am to have dinner with, that I was in the room.
    My gurl friend, from North Carolina, tells me that I have about an hour to rest before I start to drive to the French restraint on the east side of Atlanta. I am also reminded that we have tickets to a play after dinner. I replied that I have already payed for my ticket and it is at the “Front desk”.
    I put on my evening face then my evening attire consisting of; a black long-sleeved white bell-sleeved blouse (for a cool evening), a black long velvet skirt and black patent-leather 4.5-inch open toed spike heels. I text my GG friend DarkAnGGel that I was headed to the restaurant.
    I drive to the restaurant. My GPS suggest a different route due to the congestion /construction /Friday rush hour traffic going home, on the interstate. The new route takes me through a couple of miles of residential housing, thus cutting out the congestion. I was starting to worry that I was lost when up pops my original route on my GPS and I was about a quarter mile from the restraint.
    I was only five minutes late getting to the restaurant, had trouble at the parking garage gate.
    I ordered a glass of wine and Ratatouille. The server made no weird looks etc. of us Gurls or my friend’s wife.
    My friend is much more experienced at going out. The dinner was nice. We paid our tab and went to our own autos.
    We drove to the Horizon theater. It is inside of an old multi-use building and seats only about 120 spectators. We are joined by another member of our group.
    Come to find out, we are attending the show’s grand opening. While, very off Broadway, it was presented very well. If you are in Atlanta, GA within the next four months look up the Horizon Theater and see if “The CAKE” is showing. It is a good “Adult only” rated show. There are only 4 actors.
    After the show I drive back to my hotel. Strip down climb the shower that is bigger than my total bathroom at home. Set my alarm on my phone, check in with DarkAnGGel. She is worried about this old gurl being alone in a big city. It is funny and loving that she cares about me. I, who has driven in; Berlin, Frankfort, Amsterdam, Paris, New York, Washington DC, Miami, Orlando, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas, Honolulu, Anchorage, Manila, and all over Korea just to Name a few.
    I go to bed.
    .....End of day one.

.....Day two Saturday
    I awake before my alarm goes off.
    I start my morning with a shower, do my face, put on all my undie things. Then a Red Long Skirt and a Red top with an attached Net jacket, My trusty black 1.5-inch heels with one square inch heel taps and a Brunette with dish water blond streaks shoulder length wig.
    I drive the 26 minutes to the Stone Mountain Inn for breakfast and a board meeting. Filled up my fuel tank. The Inn was having air Conditioner problems.
    After the meeting some 7 of the 11 members who showed up headed out for lunch. Four of us headed to the Stone Mountain Amusement park. The entrance was jut ¼ mile from the Stone Mountain inn. We enjoyed ourselves until we decided to take a walk through their bug display (super-sized models in among the plants and trees). For me, in my 1.5 Inch heels, this was a big mistake. I finished it but the gravel on top of pavement played havoc with my feet and ankles. We walked the half of a mile back to the Stone Mountain Inn.
    I drove around to the back where the ball room had a service entrance. Except for the dance floor area, the ballroom floor was carpeted in a plush rug. I unloaded my photo equipment. Then I slipped of my shoes while setting up the lights and backdrop. Did some test shots. The ballroom and two bathrooms. I slipped into one bathroom and switched into my gown, two tone short haired wig, and put on my black Patent-Leather heels. During the evening one of the members nickname me ‘Maud’ because I looked like her in Golden Girls.
    We had a dinner buffet there in the ballroom. I took photos of all the members, Including myself.
    After dinner we had a beauty pageant thing were 7 of us gurls were picked as the contests (yours truly was one). We each got a chance to draw out an envelop that contained a question that we were to answer. We could try to be serious or funny but must act like a woman.
    I was to be the fifth to give my answer. My question was; “What makes you blush? And why?”
    Since I have, to the best of my knowledge, ever blushed, I went for the comedy path. On the sour of the minute I gave a three-minute answer as to what made me blush and explained why.
    The rest of the gurls really enjoyed my answer.
    Each gurl was videotaped during their answering.
    The judges picked gurls that used serious answers. Oh well I tried.
    When the ball was over, I slipped into my bare feet and packed up my equipment. Drove back to my hotel. Left the equipment in the car. I was still wide awake. I slipped into what I was going to wear for the drive home and packed up all by stuff but a small make-up kit and loaded my car. I had removed my wig and had uncombed my ponytail. While going out to the car a couple boys wanted me to pose with them at the entrance of the hotel, I passed. Gave DarkAnGGel a full report of the day. And went to bed.
    .....End of Day two

.....Day three the drive home
    I got up and showered and put on my travel face. Eyebrows, Mascara, and lipstick different earrings.
    I put on all my undergarments again, Black trousers, A turquoise peasant blouse and the wig from the ball.
    I like that wig. It never creeps around or off my head. I normally do not eat breakfast, so I didn’t.
    Got into my car and drove home.
    The trip home again three and a quarter hour went easily. About an hour out when I was on the curvy road I pulled over and turned on my four-way lights because I realized I left my drivers permit in the purse from last night in the boot (trunk area). While I was stopped, another lady stopped and asked “Do you need help?”. I replied in my weak feminism voice “Thank You for caring, I just needed to get my camera for the beautiful view”. Got back into the driver’s seat and finished the drive home.
    When I got home, nobody was in sight so I brought in my luggage. I left all the camera stuff except my cameras in the car. Reported back in to DarkAnGGel. She was getting ready to go to work up on the old farm.
    I climbed into my bed for a few hours of rest
    .....End day three
    Attachment 304279 Attachment 304281
    Sorry this all you get to see for now.
    I will shoot the other outfits here in the studio, someday.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 05-20-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Since my return from Atlanta I have used acetone and removed the red from my nails but not the Acrylic build-up. After I got the polish of I buffed and polished my nails. I did not apply any polish. The Acrylic portion protrudes out about 3/8 of an inch from the end of my finger.
    Then a couple days later I went back to the nail shop and had the put on a translucent pink and seal it with top coat. I love my nails. The girls at the shop are waiting for me to show up in a dress. I said that I would do it.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 06-08-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this: