Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hippo out and about

Sounds to me like you had the time of your life! When do we get more photos?

Well here is another small trip for the Hippo.
    Last Thursday I had my acrylic nail extensions looked after. (Never realized how fast my nails grow.)
    Got home and the glittery finish of the polish was too rough to suit me. I applied two coats of top coat. Let it dry a couple hours, then took a fingernail file and knocked down the high spots. Then applied another coat of Top Coat. When that coat was dry I applied some flower decals with rhinestones onto my thumbs and sealed those on with more Top Coat. My finger nails were as slick and smooth, except for the rhinestones, as a 60s Caddy bumper.
    Friday, I got dressed up with a mild evening makeup job.
    Went to the event location. There I learned that the event was cancelled.
    Having nowhere to go, I drove over to the nail shop. I promised them that I would come in when dressed. When I walked in no one recognized me and thought I was another customer.
    Then one of the girls recognized my voice, but wasnít sure.
    I broke down and revealed who I was by showing them my Drab driverís permit.
    After 10 some photos and some chat, I came home.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-17-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    A Southern Belle.

"For a lump of coal to become a diamond, it takes a lot of pressure, heat, and time."
    "The question is, can I, as a lump of poor coal, survive that heat, pressure, and time."

Great photo! So next time you get your nails done, will you be going as Leslie?

Quote Originally Posted by Macey View Post
    Great photo! So next time you get your nails done, will you be going as Leslie?
    It depends on what else is planned for the day. The male side of me is well entrenched in this cosmopolitan, bible belt, and redneck community which is the fourth largest metropolis in the state. I would be more inclined to go out and about if I had a CD buddy.
    This last trip was during daylight hours. I felt like a vampire under a paper and bamboo umbrella on a sunny day.

I think I will start referring to this wig as my "Maude - Golden Girls wig".

Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-17-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    A Southern Belle.

"For a lump of coal to become a diamond, it takes a lot of pressure, heat, and time."
    "The question is, can I, as a lump of poor coal, survive that heat, pressure, and time."

Yes I did g as Leslie. That was almost a month ago. For the last 3 weeks I have been wearing 1/4 inch extensions. They are done in a bright red high and large flaked glitter polish. After I got home, the rest of the day I worked on covering up the granular (bumpy) finish. The last two weeks the tops of my nails are smoother than the finish on my auto. I have a small Butterfly on the back of each thumb.
    My process is to apply a coat of "top Coat" let it dry for an hour, Lightly Sand down the high points then repeat a second time. Now I use a 6000 grit emery board for the next tw layers. Then finish it off with another Top Coat. I do not have troubles with chipping of flaking.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-17-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    A Southern Belle.

Love the red nails.
    Head Executive Chief of the Dept of Redundancy Dept.

Cool idea .

That looks great what an awesome idea.

Next time I will use my registered business logo. I have it tattooed on the back outside of my right ankle. If i put on black polish and my yellow and red logo, they would match.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    A Southern Belle.

Oh, USAF nails! How cool!
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Well, last Friday I drove up to Dark AnGGel's home in the Nashville, TN area. Saturday evening I drover over to a GNO with the T-VALs group. Took One photo. Got to the GNO 30 min late, missed a turn on the interstate and then had to find my way to the meeting place using my cell phone GPS. We sat and talked over dinner. on the way back to Dark AnGGel's apartment I had to drive through a torrid rain storm. Mon and Tue I helped Dark AnGGel with cleaning. Returned home to make a DR appointment.
    The whole weekend trip cost me only $60.Sorry no full length photos were shot. Just 3 close-ups. each with two people in them so I clipped this one for you to see.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-26-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    A Southern Belle.

Glad to see you made the trip safely.

I have stopped for gas while dressed many times. No one has ever even appeared to be clocking me, but if they were I'd just smile and say "hi". On a number of occasions I've gone inside for drinks or something and no one has ever made me feel uncomfortable. And, if you're wondering, no I don't pass If you are 200 miles from home the chances of you being clocked by someone you know are astronomically small. Just go, have a good time and enjoy yourself. But do carry some drab cloths in case you do need to change for an emergency while on the road.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Caden View Post
    I have stopped for gas while dressed many times. No one has ever even appeared to be clocking me, but if they were I'd just smile and say "hi". On a number of occasions I've gone inside for drinks or something and no one has ever made me feel uncomfortable. And, if you're wondering, no I don't pass If you are 200 miles from home the chances of you being clocked by someone you know are astronomically small. Just go, have a good time and enjoy yourself. But do carry some drab cloths in case you do need to change for an emergency while on the road.
    I should have read your other posts before I tossed my 2 cents worth in, looks like you had a great time, I'm jealous

Thank you Nikki for your reply. As of yet I have not packed any Drab clothing, but maybe I should for times like in 2010 4 of us (myself and 3 support people) were headed to a location south by south east of Atlanta for my firs ever make over and then to the Sig Eps meeting. we were in my 2002 F-150 Super Cab had a blowout while headed into Atlanta. It was a hot day and we were booking along at 80 MPH when the tire over-heated and blew out. The tires were not designed for extended high-speed hot pavement.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    A Southern Belle.

Silver Member
    In all fairness to Leslie, it is possible some of the gas stations in/around Atlanta might be a bit... rough at night. I remember driving on an interstate on the south side of Baltimore at night and stopping to get gas; I ended up in an area I really didn't feel safe in. Didn't want to be there en drab, much less en femme at night when I would have really stood out.