I don't post much but I do get tons of support and advice from this group. I doubt I would have the confidence or progress in understanding myself with out the ladies in this group.

I have feel for all the ladies that have friction from there SO's. Every situation is unique and every SO that has difficulty with our female expression may be wonderful in so many other ways. But I do want to say there are GG's that will love and support us CD's. I am in my mid fifties and have been married twice. My first wife is deceased, and I am still close to my second ex. We did not break up because of my cross dressing. Both my ex-wives supported my cross dressing to varying degrees. The main thing that slowed me down was my concern about being out to others or my kids. I feared risking employment, friends or offending family. I have revealed my CD to few outside of my two ex wives.

The last two years I have been dating a woman, I told her about my CD side after two months of dating. I knew at that point I had something special with her. She was a bit uncomfortable at first, she had not been exposed to this before. To her credit, she read up on the subject and learned that I am a typical hetro-male cross dresser. I do not want to be a woman nor have I ever had a gay relationship. I slowly introduced her to my female side, took over a year to get her comfortable. We also both have three kids, her last one started college and I have one in college and two in HS. I do not want to introduce this to them so I have had limited time to express my feminine side.

Recently, I have been finding more time alone with my girlfriend. She has been helping me with tips on dressing and makeup. We just went on a 5 day weekend. Since we were out of town and I did not worry about running into any one that would make either of us uncomfortable, I was able to dress pretty much all day. I have not tried to pass and I enjoy the clothes and make up. I was not wearing a wig or breast forms, just clothes and makeup. We went all over town, museums, restaurants, shopping even talked with the other guests at the B&B we stayed at.

We walked past a MAC store and she convinced me to go in and shop for concealer and foundation. I loved the experience, I am hooked and have started to wear that every day, even in male mode. She has been trying to get me to go to a pedicure with her. I am a bit uncomfortable due to my toe nails being a bit damaged from playing basketball. I learned that ballet flats are great shoes to wear at the airport since they slip on and off easily at the security lines. She critiques my clothing selection if they don't match. She lets me know if my make up is done tastefully, I am getting better and better. I told her that I believe a day will come when my kids are independent, that I will start to go 24/7. She believes she can handle that. I work had to let her know how beautiful she is and how selfish I sometimes feel that she is walking around town with a MIAD. I know there is a lot that must be difficult for her.

I don't know how I have gotten so lucky, but I just want to say to any of you ladies that find yourself frustrated finding love and understanding, don't give up. And for the ladies that are in relationships without acceptance, I just hope you can find a way to a more peaceful future.