Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go on a dinner date... me?

What ellbee said. 1000%.

I lean a bit toward what Ellbee has argued. It is a situation where you can experience a new dimension in your womanliness.

However, like most everybody else, I recommend you be super careful. "Tranny chasers" are out there and they can be very subtle. Even little hints of expectations can be quite meaningful as to his motivations. Not only words, but facial expressions and other body language hints. Women are really good at picking up those signs, but you are not a GG. Many women today are more assertive than in the past and will say outright what the boundaries are. Also, remember that he could artfully spike your drink with a drug. Not trying to make paranoid, but just pointing out that a good deal of caution should be exercised. Around here there is a saying about being safe. "Do what a GG would do and double it."

Aspiring Member
    I mostly go along with the good advise you have already received and will just confirm that you want him to know how you feel and what you expect and don't expect up front. If he knows how you are feeling and still wants to do a "date" well if you are careful, why not? Sherrii

Banned Read only
    GO, meet him in the lobby and then walk into the restaurant together. Your chance to see how it feels to be treated like a lady.

If you are interested in the date and the experience then go.
    Just make clear to him that your acceptance is not an indication that you want anything beyond the date.
    Don't lead him to believe that anything else will occur, unless you want that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I would say go. Deep down you must want to go out on a date since your asking all of us. As all the other girls have said be and have fun.

Reality Check
    There was a post about "issues at home". Are you married? If so, Do Not go out on a date with a man. This will come back to haunt you and it's cheating.

If you're not married, then it's up to you but I suspect that a guy willing to spend money on you is expecting something in return and that something is sexual. Are you willing to have sex with him? Give him a BJ?

Remember just because you dress as a woman, that doesn't make you one. In reality, you are a man having sex with another man. Not that there's anything wrong with that as long as you understand what you are doing.

Nobody here can tell you what to do or give you permission to do something. We can give you things to think about but in the end, it's your decision and it's you who has to live with that decision.
    Krisi

Jennifer Wallace
    So if going to dinner with a guy cross dressed is cheating, perhaps going to the bar and having a drink that is paid for is cheating too? Is it that my wife doesn't approve that makes this cheating? Then the bar is out, meeting friends is out, being "Jennifer" is out because all of that she certainly would not approve of. And here I spent all that money on therapy and I only needed to come to this forum- doc: just because you dress like a woman doesn't mean you are one- and our time is up. Maybe it's just me but it seems so unenlightened to assume that going to dinner suggests some sexual payback, but that was the advice and knowledge feedback I was looking for (not a judgement of my home life). As you say in the end it's my decision and thanks to all that offered advice

What have you got to lose? It might be fun. Just go to an upscale place and let someone know where you are in case he turns out to be some kind of jerk. There doesn't have to be a second date. I kind of share your feelings regarding "admirers" because there were a few times when an admirer wanted to take me out and I politely said no thank you. I'm sure they'll want something either that night or soon after. One time I went on a dinner date with a gay co-worker who had no romantic or sexual interest in a T-girl. He was the kind that are referred to as "straight acting" and we looked pretty much like a hetero couple. We had a great time.

What have you got to lose? Personally, anything that expands the envelope to see the world from the female perspective is enlightening. I did it a few times and the guy honestly enjoyed it just being seen out with me as a hetero couple.

Platinum Member
    You said "There is always something a bit off about these guys in my opinion." Maybe that answers your question. I read in a January post you gave an admirer several kisses. Same man? Same persistent man? Perhaps this will go too far down the road and you end up losing control of the situation as so many women lose control. A number of years ago you posted your wife was not in the least supportive, and, your son "hates" it. How would that sort of encounter go over with your wife? I don't think for a minute my wife would find this "harmless." My wife would call it "cheating." If marital status is no longer an issue I'd keep it in mind many women started out on an innocent date which then went in a direction they did not anticipate.

Platinum Member
    Probably not... particularly if your sexual orientation is heterosexual.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I think that you definitely should be open and honest with him BEFORE you agree to dinner. Maybe he just wants to talk with you alone, away from the noise and crowd of a bar, and nothing more. On the other hand, as some have said, the cues are there and you know that he is or he isn't hinting at something more than just chatting. Does he make the jokes about being intimate thru the phrases that instantly trigger the "yuk" inside of you? If so, then dinner is probably not a good idea. Just ask him straight out and let him know that you don't want to mislead and we can have dinner as friends but thats all, unless you want something otherwise..

Hey Jennifer. I say go for it. If you're not cheating on anyone then what have to got to lose? You're not marrying him! You're just going to have dinner and talk without all the big group around and get to know each other a bit better. If you like it, you'll do it again. If you don't you won't. Simple.

If sex is definitely not on the cards, then ok you might want to make that clear up front before the day. If nothing else, to avoid anyone embarrassing themselves by misreading "the signs" and then everyone is all awkward and the night is ruined.

I've been to dinner a couple of times with a gay male friend. People think we're a hetero couple (we're not any kind of couple). He doesn't care and it's been a really nice experience for me.

Lay the ground rules before hand so there arent any suprises later. As long as he knows the deal he cant say well you led me on after the fact.

I know the frustrations of the "game". Just had a girl at this convention that I was doing the AV for give me subtle hints that she was interested. She was my contact for the group. She had no ring on so I was thinking ok I am going to scout this out only to hear 2 minutes into our conversation about her husband.

Long story short just be honest and upfront and don't lead them on and it will be fine.
    Last edited by girlyman1977; 02-08-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Why not go for it.
    If you are having a nice evening and one tging leads to another....it could be an even better night

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    I’ve heard horror stories from women who felt sorry for guys and ended up being stalked and in terrible situations. Let sleeping dogs lie.
    This sounds like good advice given the odd sense you have about him plus your own SO situation. As wonderful as the idea sounds to you; Jean, Vanessa, Gretchen, and Micki give you additional reasons to hold off. Paranoia is sometimes beneficial

Reality Check
    Jennifer, You asked for advice and I answered with mine just as many others did. You didn't put any conditions on the answers so I posted what I honestly felt was good advice. If you didn't agree with my post, fine. but there's no reason to get snarky about it. Just move on and take the advice that suits you.

Asking for advice on the Internet has the risk of hearing suggestions that you don't like. If you can't handle that, don't ask.
    Krisi

Your title says Dinner date and you said they are an admirer.
    So I’d say No.

As a GG , if a man invited me to dinner (unless he was someone that was a very close friend), I would assume I was being asked out on a date. Otherwise why would a man I barely know want to have dinner with me?
    And

Is going on a date cheating if you are married? I don't know, you need to talk to the person you married.

So no judgement on your home life .....We are answering your question from our perspective . And if there is things in your home life ( you alluded) we just are answering our honest opinions so things do not get even more complicated in regards to your home life .
    I think we try to give support and honest opinions.... surely you do not want fluff answers like go for it girl and such .
    And like you said it’s your decision and it is .....just think about it from every side . I am a GG and I would consider a dinner date cheating.
    Its a compliment YES but I’d steer clear.
    Just my little ole advice
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator