Thread: Sparkle Weekend 12th to 14th July 2019, Manchester UK.

Sparkle Weekend 12th to 14th July 2019, Manchester UK.

This celebration of transgender diversity is about a week later than it has been in previous years, so I am looking forward to attending for the first time.

See https://www.sparkle.org.uk/ for latest info.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Cool, I'm going as well, flights and accommodation booked.
    Last edited by Eemz; 02-09-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Hotel booked, still have to book the ferry from Spain but before the long boat ride I have booked my wife and myself into a spa for 5 nights.
    Last edited by RachelPortugal; 02-20-2019 at 04:18 AM.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

I'm looking at going and I'm getting quite excited but also nervous about it.

Oh Vivienne you should go. I know what you mean though - I have no idea what to expect so I am nervous about that, I've never been to anything like this before, but screw it, I was in Manchester once with Helen Highwater from this forum and had a great time, so I'm in.

So, we have girls from Ireland, Portugal and Scotland maybe. I also know a girl from Las Vegas is coming too. Any girls from England planning to go?
    Rachel,

Thanks Eemz! I'm pretty confident that I will go. Nearer the time I'll put up a wee message to see if can meet some of you lovely people there!

I don't know if I will be at Sparkle

Its almost like a big street party with pubs to keep you refreshed

I am sure you will all enjoy it
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Anyone else from this forum going.

We already have our tickets for the Sparkle Ball on the Friday night and know of at least 20 other t-girls staying in the same hotel as us. Looking forward to a great weekend.
    Rachel,

Hi Rachel, are you staying in the Mercure hotel where the ball is being held? Or another hotel?

I'm very keen to go but it's looking like I might need to go alone and literally not knowing anyone who will be there.

I'm just looking to try to find some friendly faces to say hello too, and it hangout with fir a while.

I was considering booking Malmaison, or perhaps the Mercure for ease for the ball.

Best wishes.

Hi Vivienne,

I am staying with my wife at the Motel One in Picadilly, where dozens of girls are staying. It is just 10 minute walk from there to the Mercure. Hopefully it will be dry so we can stroll there (in flats) and switch to 4" heels on arrival, if not we'll have to get a cab.

I know of several girls going to the ball alone and have asked for some company. I think that the nature of the event is such that nobody will be able to feel alone. We already have our tickets for the ball, but have no idea how they arrange the seating plan. I may have to email Sparkle to find out.

Don't be put off by the fact that I am with my wife, she likes to meet other t-girls, although I hope you don't have too broad a Scottish accent, otherwise she won't understand a word you say.

I have to say that it is meeting other t-girls that has made her more accepting.
    Rachel,

Hi there Rachel,

It would be marvellous to meet you and your Wife and friends. I still an planning to go but I do not think my Wife will accompany me.

As regards accent, I have an upper/middle class Scottish accent which is very similar indeed to the similar English accent but sometimes a little softer at the edges. I'm certain you would understand me perfectly.

A big issue for me will be confidence, as I have only really been out fully en femme, when I have been en route home from professional make overs.

Message anytime.

Best wishes.

Vivienne! Xxx.

Hi Vivienne

Relax when you are at Sparkle

Believe me when I say they have seen everything and more.

No one really takes a second look anymore there are so many girls around.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I'm booked into Motel One as well, but it's starting to look like I won't be able to go due to some family stuff... fingers crossed.

Family stuff can be a problem, hope it works out for you Eemz.
    Rachel,

Would've loved to go to this.
    But unfortunately it falls bang on on wedding anniversary. My wife loves me dressing but I think that is pushing it big style lol.

Enjoy yourselves ladies and plenty of pics and reports on your adventures.
    Xx

Yes, there are some times when dressing has to play second fiddle.
    Rachel,

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Us Scots girls are all set for Sparkle,my 4th,just the two of us this time but I'm sure we will bump into other friends we've made there (actually the Ball was where most of our new friendships were formed,only went first year but an amazing experience),looking forward to it as always,again looking to broaden our horizons this year we're getting our nails done in salon and getting M-A-C Makeover,as well as shopping at the Trafford centre.

Of course we will still spend plenty time on Canal Street and the park,hope everyone especially those attending for the first time have a fabulous weekend

Oh and one important suggestion,mind and pack the comfy shoes

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 07-06-2019 at 02:47 AM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Great to see that you will be there Sophie.

We had to make a last minute change of hotel (long story), now at the Pendulum.
    Rachel,