Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love this too much...?

Unhappy Love this too much...?

Well, let me begin saying that i´ve been crossdressing since i was 14 or so. (I´m in my forties now).

Lastly i´m having the oportunity of dressing quite often so it´s good because i like it. And here is where i begin to be worried because i really love the sensation of being in "female" mode.

It´s relaxing, it´s fun, it´s like if a go to another dimension where all the problems are less important. I can´t wait to be alone just for change into my female alter ego, who is in fact, just me but using another clothes, but happier.

This has made me thinking about it a lot. Because i don´t know if it is just a phase in my life or i´m missing something more.

Said this. Should i be worried? Do i need some help maybe? Any comment about your experience would be nice.

I have the sensation of releasing some weight writing these lines, girls…

Thank you for reading me. ^^

If you’re enjoying yourself and no one’s getting hurt, why would you be worried? Just enjoy the ride!
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    I have to agree with Patience, if it makes you feel better about yourself then what's the problem?

Anxiety or feelings of guilt is natural, as GM's we have been programed all our lives to "be men", and to reject even the thought being anything else.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 02-21-2019 at 02:51 PM.

What is there to be worried about? If you are enjoying the experience and sensations, why not continue? As long as you are not causing someone else problems or discomfort, go for it!
    Hugs, Carole

If you are enjoying life as it is, don't overthink a problem that may be there.

For most of the readers of your post here, I am sure none of us find what you are doing is unusual at all.

I agree with relaxing, fun and certainly slipping off and leading another life.

It is great being at a party dressed amongst people you know and no one recognises you.

That can be a real boost to the ego. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You’ve been doing it since you were 14, so it’s definitely not a “phase”. And you only need to worry if it’s causing you problems. Are you spending your mortgage or food money on clothes and makeup? Do you avoid normal human relationships because of it? Has it ever caused problems in your life, but you just accept those problems and do it anyway? If not, then you’re fine and not hurting anyone so enjoy!

Aspiring Member
    Go with the flow. There's not much else that can be done about your (our) situation. Just be careful of hurting those you love most. Especially significant others who may not appreciate our interests. But at the same time, be honest. With yourself, especially, but also with your SO.

You may progress to wanting more, you may not. It ebbs and flows for me. Sometimes I really crave it, other times like today, I can't be bothered. If you don't feel like dressing even if you have the opportunity, don't. If you do feel like dressing, by all means do so if it's a safe opportunity.

Mara,

Well, let me begin saying that i´ve been crossdressing since i was 14 or so. (I´m in my forties now). So if my maths isn't too shoddy that amounts to roughly 30 years so I think you can forget about it being a phase

This has made me thinking about it a lot. Because i don´t know if it is just a phase in my life or i´m missing something more.

Said this. Should i be worried? Do i need some help maybe?

We as males are brought up as Roberta intimates to to conform for certain stereotypes, to act in a certain way. For years society has seen deviating from these as something to be frowned upon. This societal pressure gets ingrained in our subconscious as so it's natural we question our actions. However as so many have pointed out what we do doesn't cause society harm. It may impact upon close personal relationships and this has to be considered. As long as your dressing doesn't cause issues with those near and dear to you I see no reason for any concern on your part. Enjoy it for what it is and if as time progresses it becomes something greater, that's a bridge to be crossed in due course.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Don’t worry....be happy. You’ve been dressing long enough to know it’s here for the duration. Might as well enjoy it. Life’s too short. Best.

Thanks for all of your responses and comments.

I´m single, by the way, no girlfriend now. I´d love to find someone who understand my crossdressing but it´s complicated. Because with the time, dressing has become a necesity more than a hobbie. And yes, that scares me a little.
    I´m fine with my male part but in some mode, i´m more "comfy" when in femme. I think i have a little mess in my head hehe.

It´s great having so many nice persons sharing thoughts and advices here. Again, thanks for your time and have a great time.

There is no such thing as love to much just sometimes loving at the wrong time/place.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Forty-five years ago my mother told me I was going through a “phase” dressing in girls clothes!
    Now forty-five years later the “phase” hasn't ended yet!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Life is too to be worrying about, is this wrong? is it just a phase, is there something wrong with me and suchlike, in fact its none of these it is how one feeles if you feel good wearing womens clothing and it gives you peace of mind why worry about the pros and cons of the whole thing.
    Be yourself, its your life, enjoy it and be proud of what you do.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

If you dress today and enjoy it the earth will still be turning tomorrow. Just be yourself enjoy life the way it makes you happy . I think if more "MEN"wore dresses the world would be a better place.
    Angie

It is no phase and it doesn't go away very long! Every time it comes back harder! It is part of you! Relax and enjoy the journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

this is something, I think, we have all felt at one time or all the time. I started when I was 13 and not I'm 70 and I still love the feeling it gives me. I love the variation in styles, colors, cut, fit, etc, etc. I can't get enough of the feeling wo men's clothes and jewelry give me. It beings out in me feeling I will never experience in men's clothing. In fact I have fewer men's clothing than I have ever had. I do have around 75 dresses though. When I am dressed, and made up, I feel much more alive than I do in drab. It's hard to put a finger on the reasons, but why try. Enjoy the relationship with all things women. I wish I was better at expression myself in words. Hugs
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Quote Originally Posted by Mara3001 View Post
    Because with the time, dressing has become a necesity more than a hobbie. And yes, that scares me a little.
    I´m fine with my male part but in some mode, i´m more "comfy" when in femme. I think i have a little mess in my head hehe.
    Hi, Mara.

It's okay to feel scared or confused. Be gentle with yourself.

For what it's worth, I think it's really good that you found a way to feel "comfy." I mean think of the alternative: you'd be uncomfortable and probably unhappy. If dressing as a woman makes you comfortable and happy, then I think you should give yourself that gift. You're worth it.

So I'm just a little older than you, and I've found it *is* a stage.

Not a stage like, "this is just a stage" but... at this period of my life, it's the stage of finally, gently accepting myself. Past the sexual thrills, past the taboo, past the physical comfort, past the shame and past the guilt. I've finally reached the stage of being free in, and from, my own mind when it comes to this.

Hopefully everyone here gets there, or has been there already. The only alternative is to stop yourself from reaching it.

The problem with drab is that its so darn drab. I think that part of the addiction to dressing is you can express your self in so much color! Jeans and tee shirts? I can do that in the male. But in the femme your really free to have fun. Ever look at what the Indian girl wear? Color, color and color how fun. So why not be addicted use your imagination and have fun. You will never achieve that in male without being labeled something. So enjoy!

I wear colorful women's clothes in men's styles to work.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Maria---I'm the same way---Not only is it FUN, it releases ALL my stresses and I can RELAX to the ultimate. Its like a "Vacation from myself" where I am "another person" with no pressures or worries from my male life.----And its fun being "pretty" too. I feel there is NOTHING to worry about and is a HEALTHY mental release.

Quote Originally Posted by adelinapa View Post
    So I'm just a little older than you, and I've found it *is* a stage.

Not a stage like, "this is just a stage" but... at this period of my life, it's the stage of finally, gently accepting myself. Past the sexual thrills, past the taboo, past the physical comfort, past the shame and past the guilt. I've finally reached the stage of being free in, and from, my own mind when it comes to this.

Hopefully everyone here gets there, or has been there already. The only alternative is to stop yourself from reaching it.
    Adelina is absolutely right, it took me 40 years to get there, I am happy with who I am and accept it.
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

A lot of wonderful and supportive responses here and I have no disagreement with any of them. Enjoy yourself, but be careful you don't hurt others.

Too that I have to add, don't hurt yourself either. By that I mean be careful that your love of the expression of what is obviously a huge part of your identity doesn't become an addiction that begins to interfere with the more "necessary" parts of your life. So long as the rest of your life that is not really associated with gender identity and expression remains stable and as productive as is needed then you are right on the proper track. But if it becomes an obsession that interferes with other things in your life do what is necessary to integrate your feminine self with the important responsibilities. (Imagine dressing as being like alcoholism; it happens.) Sounds to me like you have been at this long enough to be pretty well integrated and are not prone to newbie craziness and enthusiasm that get out of control so easily.

Mara, my phase has been going on for 54 of my 57 years.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

43 of my 48 have involved me and my curiosity which became my hobby as I call it. I’ll never pass the tall broad shouldered anatomy will not allow me down that road. So I am left to enjoy dressing as Lindsey when I have timeortheoccational work from home day when I can go all in.

Damn my great aunts long line bra that day when I was 5, it must have had 24 rows of hooks I was in there 20 minutes trying it on! Haha.