Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have you learned?

I learnd that I don't know as much as I thought I did. Specially reading people like muggles.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I'm learning if you want to quit cd'ing , it's gets into your head until you think of nothing else and it drives you nutty until you submit

Love more, give even more, check where I been dressing 3 times leave and check again
    Enjoy what I am doing just a wealth of information here and for that I thank everyone here
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

I have learned that getting old sucks. I can't do what I used to do. My desires wain, but my urges REMAIN STRONG.

1. I've learned the importance of liking who I am and accepting all of it.
    2. I've learned that the vast majority of people I see every day think about me about as much as I think about them, which is pretty close to not at all.
    3. I've learned that if they do notice the bra strap across my back, they really don't care. see number 2.
    4. I've learned that panties are comfortable and I really do enjoy the way the lace on some of them feels when I move.
    5. I've learned that there is very little more comfortable than a nicely flowing skirt and firmly believe if more men knew how nice it was, they would start wearing them.
    6. I could go on, but finally, I've learned that this forum is a Godsend of caring accepting people that will be there for you and for me at our best and at our worst.

Thanks

Edit: PS, I learned today that even if a professional like a Dr. or a massage therapist doesn't comment about your panties or your bra marks, does'nt mean they don't care
    Last edited by ShelbyDawn; 02-13-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Platinum Member
    Hi Gilda , The Short Answer is , At 76 I have learned to enjoy having the best of Both Worlds.

I can still do Stilettos with out a problem. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    I have learned that getting old sucks.
    This too!

I never even thought about age until recently, in my mid thirties, the signs of aging suddenly appeared overnight. I used to be almost passable in my 20's. But not anymore
    Last edited by Miss V; 02-14-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    I've learned I can wear what makes me comfortable... if that's a cargo skirt, pantyhose, and some low heeled booties to work, I'm okay with that, and so is the rest of the world. I guess in a nutshell, I've learned that the world really doesn't care what men wear.
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Hello Everyone,

Before working as a security guard in a central mall, I used to work for a company that consisted mostly of lawyers and finance people. It "felt" like a good environment base on what people were projecting and everything seemed normal.

I worked for that company for about fire years and notice that on the 2nd year working there, that the company really has cool and fancy parties during Christmas and especially Halloween as many would take that opportunity to dress up a little more "daring".

On the 3rd year I decided to dress up on Halloween by scheduling a professional makeup artist from MEG and custom order way ahead of time my costume including heels, ... etc.

I was really excited and waiting with a lot of anticipation, it wasn't cheap and speed several nice coins to get everything ready. Wearing a magnificent corset and showing off like 99.00% of my legs in pantyhose and gorgeous high heels, my nails professionally done too... everything dead on with details and it fitted my body well and the shape.

A lot of my co-workers back then were really amazed about my costume and women especially asking me things like "where did you get this and that?" while others were really nice and complimenting me which was really warm and sweet.

Not long after the Halloween party and going about with normal work... men, group of men... started to ask me things like "How did you learn to walk so well in such high, high heels?" which continued with "Did you learn this from working the corners or working at a strip club?". Needless to say some of these employees are lawyers but humans are humans, ignorant and hurting our feelings.

These comments and more kept going on the 4th year working there and on the 5th year I just got tired of it as I was reminded on each Halloween why I am not dressing up? They were so many reasons why I no longer dressed in Halloween on the 4th and 5th year, especially a group of men on the 3rd year (Halloween) that wanted to slap my ass and said " I bet you will like it!".

Needless to say that I got tired and saw people there as animal but 98% of those negative comments were from men, disgusting pigs and low moral people. Women were nice just 3-5 of them that said a few negative comments which aren't even close to what those men told me.

I left the company as I couldn't take the stupid comments anymore and found a much better job which people are really nice and more "open minded" and fun too.

What I've learned in that in professional companies you cannot be yourself especially when you "cross dress" in Halloween even if it is a costume. Companies and Crossdressing is a big no, no because men own most areas and a good portion of these men are pigs. That is what I've learned.

I learned to accept myself.

I've learned don't purge. At least keep your favorites. This comes and goes through out life, but it is always a part of you. Throwing things away won't "cure" you and you'll want those things again some day.

Thank you for the comments.

I posted the "What have you learned". The comments were wonderful. Some made me laugh while others made me realize quite a few things were not just my head running wild. Mostly though what got me is the truth of the comments. That is truly appreciated because such transparency is rare. Maybe a large part of who we are should come out into the light more often because we are real people with feelings and emotions, and with no intent of harming anyone. Thank you again so much.

Gilda, thank you for showing your gratitude in this way.

I am pleased the exercise was beneficial to you and from the array of comments you may learn even more yourself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Gilda, if u posted this on your "What---" thread, us lazy girls could just scroll up to see what u were referring to!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    Coming to this forum was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have gained a lot of
    confidence in my self. I now under dress every day, with a Bra, and not think about it.
    I have learned a lot about who I am and where I want to go.
    Rader

The collective total of what I've learned, can be found in my bio, link to which is in my sig. There's simply far too much to put it all into one post. Feel free to see if any of it may apply to you, too; it's about a ten minute read.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have learned to do my makeup first, and my nails last.

I also learned that gravel and /or grass, and spiked heels are a murderous combination. Don't do it.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I've learned that I'm not a crossdresser but a trasgender and that changed my whole life. About dressing, ring trasgender completely change that.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I've learned that nothing works... ever!

Reality Check
    I've learned that the boobs go in the front and the butt goes in the back!

Seriously, SailorMoon posted something that we should all know. People are not willing to accept crossdresser as friends and co-workers (in most cases). Halloween or not, it's best not to crossdress in front of people you know or especially those you work with.
    Krisi

I have learned that my wife can spot mascara that I thought I had washed from a mile away.