Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What have you learned?

What have you learned?

What do you learn with age as time passes?
    Kitten heels are cute. Stilettoes all day just isn’t like it used to be when your young. Everyday dresses do not attract as much attention as a more stylish one will. Leggings are a gal’s best friend. Tunics can cover what the years have done to you. Nylons are wonderful as ever. These days it isn’t a problem having long hair if you’ve got it, and pierced ears are in now. The best part, you don’t give it a second thought if someone notices your pantyhose under your pants because when you wear pantyhose you don’t wear socks! Besides my Ked’s, fit better with pantyhose.
    What have you learned?

I've learned not to care what others think, just be true to yourself. Also that regular pantyhose is more comfortable than the control top.

I have learned pants are better than dresses in the winter and I am still looking for the pitchfork brigade.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gravity is a cruel mistress and make-up can only do so much.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Gold Member
    I wear what is comfortable for me. If all I am wearing is a skirt and top, That's is what I will wear.
    At my age, I will and can do anything I want.
    Rader

I have learned if I don't want "attention", dress like it. Mini skirts, shorts dresses, and high heels are a combo that causes many eyes to be on you that you may not want. I've learned that leggings/yoga pants can feel very nice too. And if I want to show off my shoes, sandals work just as well as heels.

Platinum Member
    Too soon old, too late smart. I’ve been reminded that I am not the center of the universe, contrary to my perspective. I’ve learned that once can take love for granted and that mistake makes all others pale by comparison.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I've learned much of what has already been expressed about heels and leggings and such, but mostly I have come to understand that as long as I am confident in how I am dressed in public, I am not likely to find anything except acceptance. Perhaps a second glance, but that happens in guy or gal mode. I try to presume it is because I look fabulous.

Dee

I learned that some make up can be worn everyday in either mode, but you face is not a coloring book.
    also underdressing is very in style. tops also is nice and nobody cares what you wear.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I attempted to grow my hair out last year. It didn't look very good and I ended the experiment with scissors. Texture and color change an awful lot at 65 years old compared to 20 years old. Oh, and the bald spot just doesn't get it! As far as CDing, I still have a lot to learn.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

The very same things, Gilda.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have found panty hose in some shoes literally make your feet feel like the bottoms are being ground thru a metal strainer.

I've learned that just because a wife can tell you she is ok with your CDing that she can change her mind at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    I've learned that just because a wife can tell you she is ok with your CDing that she can change her mind at any time.
    After 28 years of wedded bliss( i told my wife the night we met about Tammy) the one thing I have learned for sure that the Lady of the house can change her mind at any time about anything.

And the wisest thing I can say or do is give the ultimate answer....Yes dear, you are absolutely right and I love you.

I've learned my wife will let Angie in the house and help. I learned I should hve told her 30 years before I did.
    Angie

I learned there are no torches and pitchforks waiting for me if I stepped outside dressed, but instead there were a number of people willing to see and interact with me dressed.

The outside world was a (mostly) welcoming place instead of a fearful place, and that has made all the difference.

Plus I learned I really like Maggy London and Ted Baker dresses!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I have learned that if I don't like me, then nobody else will either. So I am now at the point of accepting myself and loving myself regardless of whether this CD'ing is a blessing, or a curse. Now that I have come to like me, others are doing the same. After all who's business is it what I choose to wear! Funny thing, people generally don't care, as long as you don't get in their face about it.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I learned that I didn't need to keep it a secret from my friends, and it wasn't really a big deal.
    Last edited by Miss V; 02-12-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post
    I learned there are no torches and pitchforks waiting for me if I stepped outside dressed, but instead there were a number of people willing to see and interact with me dressed.

The outside world was a (mostly) welcoming place instead of a fearful place, and that has made all the difference.
    I couldn't agree more. It took me years to progress to the point were I dared to venture out and properly mingle with the muggles. I guess I re-learned what I already knew in that the vast majority of folks are nice, decent people who, if I treat them in a pleasant engaging way they respond in kind.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Gilda,
    Relating to a thread titled , " reality Vs fantasy !" That is the difference not in the context of that thread but simply before and after of going out in the RW .

The biggest one I have learned is all the labels we chew over on the forum relate very little in the RW because no one really cares or appears to be bothered . Dressing soon becomes more practical , you list a few that do and don't work . I know it depends on how you wish to appear when out, you can blend/integrate or you can raise a few eyebrows .

The real art of what we do is knowing what does work and what doesn't , if we want to appear female and be accepted .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-09-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Gilda,
    Relating to a thread titled , " reality Vs fantasy !" That is the difference not in the context of that thread but simply before and after of going out in the RW .

The biggest one I have learned is all the labels we chew over on the forum relate very little in the RW because no one really cares or appears to be bothered . Dressing soon becomes more practical , you list a few that do and don't work . I know it depends on how you wish to appear when out, you can blend/integrate or you can raise a few eyebrows .

The real art of what we do is knowing what does work and what doesn't , if we want to appear female and be accepted .
    So true! I have learned that you have to accept your self or no one will. I have also learned that aging has some benefits. I don't need as much foundation (if any) to cover any five oclock shadow!

So much has changed in my life, but I’m still the same person.

This is not the real world, not even close. All this stuff that is discussed here, no one cares.

I don’t have to hide, I can just live my life as Jean. And by being out and just me I have more friends than ever.

I’ve even changed the picture on my driver’s license, still no reaction. I have had to use it to get on the base for work. Not even a raised eyebrow.

Being out has made my life easier and more fun.

Banned Read only
    I found many decades ago that pushing cross dressing onto a non supportive wife is counter productive. If a woman did not know of her husband's desires before marriage do not expect her to roll over and accept everything he wants to do.

In the past year and a half since I started CDing I've learned that dressing as a woman can make me a better man. I've learned to respct and accept who I am more than at any other time in my life. Those are hard-won things.

From you lot I've learned that venturing out into the RW dressed will likely be as uneventful as I imagine. Though in my pharmaceutically-challenged neighbourhood nothing is a given. Now if I can only convince my other half.

I’ve learned that yoga pants are more comfortable than anything. There is a learning curve to applying makeup. My wife makes it look so easy. Wearing heals at home on carpet is different than out on pavement. Feeling feminine is a state of mind first and the rest follows.