Thread: 70 and loving it!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar

70 and loving it!

I am so sorry for being away so long but we had a cancer scare with my wife and my focus was completely on her. As it turned out there was no cancer and we are starting out a little later than normal for FL but with nothing hanging over our head. It was the best Birthday present I could ever have. Sadly I have not dressed since my time out with Paula Primo last Summer. I still have not found out how to navigate the retirement of my wife and her being around all the time. It really requires a motel now to dress which adds a lot of cost to such a simple thing as lunching or shopping enfemme. My Avatar is from last May when I was still in my sixties. I did wear a T shirt for my birthday that sums up so many things. "I Survived the Sixties Twice!" A very close friend of ours sent me a card that I am posting here that makes me wonder if she knows more about me than I think. Like my T shirt, it says so much about me on so many levels and I love it. Inside the card it says "There's you, and then there's everybody else." Do you think she knows I'm transgendered? HMMMMMM. I want to thank all of you who sent me Birthday greetings as well as the monitors on this site. This has been such a safe haven for my heart and soul and I thank all of you for your love and support. Hope you enjoy the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steph I am so glad to hear things with you rand your wife are doing well. Keep having fun and keep in touch. Thanks for sharing the picture. If I am not wrong I resemble the sheep second from the right on the top. Yes I am sure thats me.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Not too far behind you! There are some good things about getting older. So very glad that the cancer scare was just that. BTW that is an awesome avatar. Just stunning!

So you must have a normal relationship that is secret from your wife and you are 70. It is nice to have something in common. Loving thoughts on having this scare behind you. That would take up my retired life too. Such a fantasy, even to go to a motel and have a late lunch in fem. Sounds fascinating. My luv, robbin.

Well Happy Birthday to you Stephanie and the wonderful news about your wife. I'm sure that your stress level has dropped significantly and the card that your close friend sent is amazing! Yes, I think she knows, but she also may be just choosing the card because it shows how different one is in the group

Cancer is a scary thing, I have been through that entire ordeal. I am glad that everything came out ok for you and your wife, my best wishes to you both. And Happy Birthday

Gold Member
    I am with you about surviving the 60's twice; I did and have an extra year also.
    I lost my wife 6 years ago, Cancer, My Daughter had a brief round of it also, but
    is passed it, I just hope that word does not see our family again ever.
    Best of everything to you and your wife.
    Rader

I pray that you have better success than I did.
    I have assisted with cancer battle twice (My mother died at 73 and wife died 54, 11 months apart mom first) and lost both times. It was diagnosed too late in my wife's life.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Happy birthday SJ! I'm glad to hear your wife is doing well. That's quite a scare.
    BTW, I still love your avatar
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Platinum Member
    Happy 70! What a great present.

And, yes, I think your friend is on to something.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Good on the cancer scare being nothing.
    Hmmm, I do wonder if your friend knows more about you then you think. No, can’t be.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    Welcome to the 70 club. I reached 71 last year and have been retired for 10+ years. My wife still works full days when she wants to work. Call it semi-retired. That affords me the opportunity to be en femme several days a month. I really do not know what will happen when she decides to full retire, although she does take annual trips out of state to visit her cousin for a week.

Two plus years ago my wife was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. My male DNA overrode any female influence for the entire course of treatment; chem, surgery and radiation. She has had negative mammograms.

Oh, I think she definitely knows you're transgender. Has she seen you in that cute nurse's uniform at work? You wore it so well.

Stephanie,
    Nice to achieve a milestone now and then.

Happy birthday to you and my only comment about cancer is, it is a cruel disease to cope with.

I am pleased your wife's diagnosis was negative.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Happy Birthday and so glad your wife doing well

Hugs Linda
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Well Happy Birthday Stephanie your just behind me I'm looking at turning 71 in March. Glad all is good with your wife.
    Angie

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Thank you all so much for sharing your sentiments and stories here. As a Hospice Nurse I have cared for many people from 24 to 94 who have passed away from cancer. Even with all that experience, possibly being on the other side of the fence, it was a very scary experience. We have been together since December 18th of 1967 and I cannot imagine life without her. She has held on dearly when I was struggling with my identity and has always been there for me. I learned a lot from this experience and it has realigned some of my priorities. My Stephanie side it integral to who I am but is not the sum total. My wife always worries that Steph wants to break out and become a complete woman and I am always trying to keep her calm about that. Life definitely is a series of 'give and take' and my choices are more clear at this time in my life than when I was younger. Still living and learning. That may be the secret to staying young at heart.

You are an inspiration to us all. Your wife is blessed to have you in her life...

Happy 70th birthday, Stephanie! So glad your wife didn't have cancer!

I lost my wife to cancer back in 2017 and all I can say is cancer sucks! I recently retired and also turned 63 and I feel fine on both counts! The upside of all of this is that I can CD pretty much whenever I want. I'd give it all up though to have my wife back.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Steph, having to "go to motel to dress", doesn't sound like "give and take" to me!

I'm a 75 y/o with an adult, disapproving daughter living with me. I tell her when and where in the house/grounds I plan to dress. She tells me what her plans that day and schedules r. Then, we give and take so I can dress without worries of "being caught"!

I would hope u mite do the same?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Glad to see you back here Stephanie, Happy Birthday, and more importantly great to hear the positive prognosis for your wife.
    Only a few days ago I was thinking of contacting you as I realized I hadn't seen any of your kind and thoughtful posts for quite awhile.

As for the enfemme time I thought you had said your wife had moved further on her acceptance of Stephanie. So maybe you could negotiate to get ready as Stephanie behind closed doors and warn her when you were leaving the house if it is a case of she doesn't want to see Stephanie. Of course, from personal experience, I am aware that our spouse's acceptance can change from day to day and only you really know far her acceptance and tolerance has come.

Just seeing this. You are a very loyal partner and when you come back to CT just whistle and come up to see me. Best wishes hun...
    Last edited by mbmeen12; 02-11-2019 at 04:18 AM. Reason: typo
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

So very happy to hear the good news about your wife. I was wondering where you were. Clearly your priority was with her during this stressful time, and like you I know Angela is only on part of my life. The health and well being of our loved ones should always be paramount. Enjoy Florida and congratulations on the big 70.

A very belated Happy Birthday!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

im so happy that your wife is ok and ive missed talking with you so much.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

being 70 is not so bad im able to dress frequently at a friends house and im more into ally than ever

please keep in touch

hugs ally