Thread: It amazes me....

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar

It amazes me....

It amazes me how some people are able to trudge on with their crossdressing activity/session/outing while they are physically hurting or ill. Small things like dry cracking fingertips or heel, shaving cuts on the legs, chapped lips, and sore throat from colds have all stopped me from wanting to proceed with my crossdressing.
    On Thursday, this princess came very close to cancelling an outing (Hedda Gabler play at the Dalnavert museum) with a friend due to a little booboo. I broke my thumbnail while trying to get my boots from a hard to get at and cluttered closet (due to renovations). The nail broke so far down that it bled for a bit. I had taken off my outfit and was about to text Rhaina of cancelling when she knocked at my door. I slipped on a pair of guy jeans and answered the door to let her in.
    There she was dressed in a Victorian outfit with a cane and needed to sit due to her arthritic hip. So I did the suck it up buttercup and put on a Victorian dress (my previous outfit was a sweater dress and thick tights chosen just cause of the freezing cold evening). She was in great spirit even in her condition, I don’t think I could ever enjoy a crossdressing session if I was hampered in the same way

Unfortunately, I forgot my iPhone and she forgot her camera so no pictures this time around! However, I could tell you that the play was a bore and the wearing of the Victorian dress in the Queen Ann styled house furnished in late Victorian era was awesome as always.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 02-09-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Ouch! I hope that nail heals up quickly. I am happy to hear you had a good time and looked pretty in Victorian garb. I hope Rhaina does OK too. My wife has been hobbling around with an arthritic hip at times. No fun at all. At least her new knee is doing OK from 3 years ago. Glad you added to the sense of class and style at the Delnavert Museum and theater.

How did your wife take care of her knee?
    My mother is having troubles with hers and refuses to try cbd oil to soothe the pain and etc.

Platinum Member
    I felt your pain! True, though, some have much greater resolve in facing adversity than others. I sometimes forgo dressing properly to take a nap!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U actually can used to pain, Chantal.

After a long nite out in 4"+ heels, I've come to expect by every evening's end my toes will feel like someone is peeling the skin off them!

Sometimes a few of them even look that way!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sometimes problems mount up and and I wonder if it is still worth it.

I think you would be the same and I believe you will also overcome all the setbacks you have had.

Soldier on Chantal.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh poor you, a split nail and you don't want to dress!! Sorry, but that sounds so wussy. This last week my doctor confirmed that I have a low grade cancer of the prostate, which will require radical surgery. This did not stop my regular FFF, that's Full Femme Friday, which this week extended into most of Saturday as well.
    Life is too short to let a broken nail get in the way.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    If I didn't dress when I had pain, I would never dress! I have a bad ankle from a 35 year old traumatic injury. I have end stage arthritis in both shoulders, and bad discs in my neck and lower back.
    My shoulder issues are making it difficult (but not impossible) to put on and take off sports bras. Also, fastening a regular bra in the back is impossible...I have to fasten it in the front and spin it. None of this stops me from looking pretty when I want to. Pain is part of my everyday life...I don't let it beat me or hold me back. I can't ski or ice skate any more, but putting on a skirt or dress is no problem...it actually relaxes me, which helps to ease the pain.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I'm not unsympathetic to being hurt or ill Chantal. BUT...
    What Kaye and prettytoes said!!
    Just looking at my disabled wife is enough to cure me of any such notions of not dressing because of a comparatively minor setback. No matter what she always looks looks amazing. Yes, in her wheelchair.
    My wife doesn't get the day off so I follow her example.
    Good for you in sucking it up.

I totally feel you Chantal. If I’m not feeling good it can throw all the dressing out the window. And to those saying “boo hoo, broken nail” what Chantal is describing isn’t just a broken nail, it’s a torn nail bed which can be extremely painful, bleed profusely, and are EXTREMELY prone to infection, so it’s not “just” a broken nail.

Kaye, you are correct with the statement “life is too short to let a broken nail get in the way”. However, my life is not just based on crossdressing. I could have enjoyed the evening doing one of my other interests in which something like a broken nail would not have hampered the activity one bit. This outing was one that I initially passed on due to the event not really of an interest to me, however my friend went ahead and bought me a ticket in a hope I would change my mind. If the outing was something that I had a passion for there is no way a minor setback would halt me. Now if it were major mobility issues like my friend,my mother or my father (in wheelchair due to MS) I could not imagine myself wanting to crossdress while in that state
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 02-11-2019 at 10:42 PM.

For some of us it isn't a choice, it is what's right.

For me when I am sick or something I don't want to wear the pretty clothes, but will still wear some of the more comfy femme clothes and such.

If my feet are killing me after walking many miles at work I don't wear heels. It's winter now so I throw on a sweater dress and cook myself dinner. I have the weekend off. This Friday will be full on Tina time heels, one of my new wigs, and whatever dress I feel like wearing and last but not least a nice bottle of wine.

Some times we just need a wake up call, seeing someone smiling and looking forward to an evening out even with an arthritic hip can do that. I am sorry to hear about your broken nail but happy you ended up not missing a great evening. PS I would love to wear a Victorian outfit for an evening.

Maybe you need less princess and more Chantal. You're right, though: ill health can seriously harm one's crossdressing.

Glad your outing went ok. If you wanted pictures really bad, you could have invested in a disposable camera. Just a thought.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Like my wife told me a couple weeks ago.

You don't have to look perfect.

Honestly, most GG's barely have themselves put together if you look closely.

Don't let one little flaw stop you from enjoying life.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    >>SNIP<<

There she was dressed in a Victorian outfit with a cane and needed to sit due to her arthritic hip. So I did the suck it up buttercup and put on a Victorian dress (my previous outfit was a sweater dress and thick tights chosen just cause of the freezing cold evening). She was in great spirit even in her condition, I don’t think I could ever enjoy a crossdressing session if I was hampered in the same way

>>SNIP<<
    You almost canceled an evening out because of a broken nail??????

I'm not going to be judgmental, everyone has different pain thresholds. But let me ask this:

Would you have let that little boo-boo stop you from engaging in a 'guy' thing? A football game, or a night out with the boys?

Reading further, I see that you weren't thrilled to be going to this event, so you were really looking for any excuse not to go. I'm happy that your friend wasn't disappointed, I'm sure she enjoyed your company.
    Last edited by Jodie_Lynn; 04-10-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Patience, actually if I wanted pictures so bad I would have just asked Rhaina to do the small trip back home. The Dalnavert Museum is in the heart of the downtown of the city where everything closes up shop virtually at 6pm! However, the dress was worn at this museum several times before for other events and have several pictures taken. No big deal really, chose to sacrifice pictures for being at the event earlier for more socializing time.

Roberta and Jodie Lynn trust me I am not one to put much emphasis and stress on my appearance to be perfect when I crossdress. It is more so of not wanting to worry of possible distraction(s) to intervene with the fun. This particular incident it was more of possible losing the bandage (placing bandages on my fingertips are by far not my strongest ability), blood stains on the clothing and snagging of the tights than the pain to cause the distraction. By putting on an victorian outfit I was able to nullify those distractions with wearing gloves that helped secure the bandage. With this “booboo”, it would definitely not affect an outing or activity with the boys as the distractions would not be as present. Good chance I would have just slapped on some superglue on it and away I go! Probably would avoid wearing my beloved white Winnipeg Jets heritage jersey though.

Banned Read only
    Chantal,
    It can be an everyday problem , I admit at times it does hold me back from tackling some dirty , smelly, physical jobs but as there is no one else in line it looks like I'm nominated !
    It does have it's funny side but also annoying I've given up on ever acheiveing all ten nails looking good , I know the skin on my hands will crack and blister far quicker now as soon as I start work , I know my arthritis in my toes is going to complain when I start wearing my steel capped work boots . I might even consider that look for a social night out on the other hand maybe not !

The bottom line is if GGs can do it I'm darn sure I can , most people just love the person not what ails them , as long as you can still go out with smile on your face .

Just to add a footnote , the one thing I do find tricky is when I have a great night out coming up and you cut yourself to ribbons shaving that morning .
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-11-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Sometimes, when I am feeling ill or sore or sad, I will get dressed just to make myself feel better. It often works.

Feminine clothes aren't always comfortable, but they are comforting.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.