Thread: My WhXYte Wedding

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My WhXYte Wedding

Something I just had to share; and glad to be back on the forum. I've been so busy.

Back in the summer I was at my wig shop. Hana, the owner has always been fantastic. During my visit, I watched as she helped a girl of about 14 or so and her women family patrons; obviously mother, grandma and another. The poor girl was undergoing chemo and had lost her hair. I was impressed by Hana's manner anyhow she helped the family in need. That's when I learned of her 501-3(c) non-profit, Hana's Hope; and her fund raising event for transgender (beauty) programs called WhXYte Wedding.

White Wedding is going to be a transgender bridal fashion show (Denver, Sept 09 2019); a gala event. All the models are TG. One of them is a well known transgender state senator. We believe The Governor is coming (he's gay and LGBT friendly). As I've found out after the fact, this event is going to be a big deal.

Hana asked me if I wanted to be part of the WW effort, possibly be a model. Of course I jumped on that.
    That's when I got sucked in as a volunteer. By the 2nd meeting I attended, I somehow became the Marketing Director for the event. That means "retail sales"; soliciting donations, vendors, etc. for the charity. I will be going out starting very soon to meet area legitimate businesses and community leaders to request their support. I'm doing it as Ilene...... all the way.

This is going to be an exciting growth moment for me and my growing sense of being Ilene. I get to actually do constructive, positive affirming things as Me. I get to be Me, and go about normal human business. I don't know why something so mundane should be so special, but it is.

One of the other things associated with the project is a photo journal effort to document the lives of area Transgenders; kind of a coffee table photo and story book. Most if it is centered on the models of WhXYte Wedding. Since the event is being held at the Denver Historical Society, our committee artists wanted to shoot models in different historical and period settings.

I went for my first photo shoot today. Completely amazing. I got to wear a couple different costumes in what must have been hundreds of photos. I only got to see a couple of them. This photo is from the photo shoot, and it is staged with the lighting, color and costume to reflect a Dutch Master painting; possibly a Vermeer.

I'm stoked.... but I am also filled with a bit of trepidation. Nothing like Navy or combat, but I have an eager anxiety about going out and living as Ilene. The fun starts in a week or so.

You can check out WhXYte Wedding at: www.whxytewedding.com

Ilene by Vermeer -FC.jpg
    Last edited by IleneD; 02-09-2019 at 11:42 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.