Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to go from DADT into Lounging around in Frilly Nightgowns

Trying to go from DADT into Lounging around in Frilly Nightgowns

Anybody have any success or ideas on how to go from DADT to the point where you are lounging around in fun and comfortable frilly Nightgowns ?

Since so many women now wear Pajamas to bed it seems harder to convince them that waltzing about in a nightie is way more comfortable but Maybe its worth a try ?

I'm wondering if I just put on one of her princess Olga nightgowns that she never wears if i can convince her its all about the soft material and comfort ? Yes I will get bombarded with laughter and teasing for sure but maybe it will work in the end ? Any Thoughts ?
    Nightie1.jpg
    Nightie2.jpg

Robbiegirl, I like your idea but not so sure how it will go. Good luck and report back!
    BTW, I love all of the nightgowns.
    Crissy

I have tried this twice and both times the end result was divorce. Two of my four divorces began when I was caught wearing a nightgown. In one she came home unexpectedly and I was standing in the kitchen with nowhere to go, and in the other I came out of the bedroom wearing a nightgown thinking’s that, based on what said earlier, it would be okay. It was not. Never believe what a woman says.

The other two divorces were also CD related but did not involve nightgowns.
    My favorite dress is a Dirndl.

I think the idea is fraught with danger, I would try a pair of satin pajamas in a pastel blue colour first, if the reaction is bad back pedal.

If you get a favourable reaction, after about a week try a more feminine look maybe pink or something with flowers.

If it is still a favourable reaction after about another month or so something frilly.

After about six months you may be able to wear a nightie.

Note...... It doesn't happen overnight or even a month. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Is this a little like wearing a surprise cheerleader outfit? Robbie, darling, you know your wife, so take anything I say with a grain of salt, but I might try "Honey, I think I'd like to wear one of your nightgowns." Or possibly "Dear, I really think I'd like to sleep in a nightgown so I'm going to buy one for myself. I'd feel more comfortable being 'me'. Can we talk about that?"

DADT meant "IDWTSI" I Dont Want To See It" for my wife.....i volunteer, have my own trans group, we can talk about things, i shave my body, but she still does not want to see "it",

dont do anything you will regret.....talk about it first....but im guessing she would not like to see you lounging around in frillies....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Start the discussion and see how she takes it.

You have a unique relationship with your wife. How could you possibly think anyone here could offer any suggestions?

Talk to her. Be open and honest. Nothing said here will change that. Common sense is always the best way to go.
    Last edited by Kandi Robbins; 02-10-2019 at 07:10 PM.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

You go girl! Give it a whirl and let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Stouf View Post
    I have tried this twice and both times the end result was divorce. Two of my four divorces began when I was caught wearing a nightgown. In one she came home unexpectedly and I was standing in the kitchen with nowhere to go, and in the other I came out of the bedroom wearing a nightgown thinking’s that, based on what said earlier, it would be okay. It was not. Never believe what a woman says.

The other two divorces were also CD related but did not involve nightgowns.
    Your story is infinitely more interesting, or more teachable, than the premise of this thread. It should make anyone in a relationship that has a variant of DADT feel very lucky.

When are people going to realize that women don't dig this thing of ours being shoved down their throats?
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Platinum Member
    Hi Robbie , See line #4 in my Signature first. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The answer is: Don't start with DADT. Show and tell at the beginning, before the relationship gets too serious.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I wear nightgowns every night but it took a long time to get there. I would suggest having a talk to your wife before showing up in a nightgown.

Surprise, and other games, are extremely unlikely to produce the desired results. My recommendation, as always, is open and honest communication. You mention DADT so the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, so if you want to change the terms, say so. Don't make a unilateral change as you appear to be considering.

I'm not so sure about the surprise thing and especially wearing her clothes without permission.

I've come to a sort of compromise on loungewear. I have some unisex satin pants and some of those athletic type sports shirts that are rather silky. Underdressed in some panties (which she is actually ok with). Its not such a shocker for her and stress free for me.

Platinum Member
    My wife and I have gone the opposite direction. We went from I wearing sexy negligees to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Early in our marriage I explained to my wife when she found me wearing one of her nightgowns that I loved the feel of the soft nylon. Negligees were added to bedroom play. Then some hosiery and a garter belt. When my interests developed further and we had "The Talk," she was totally turned off. I still have one of my pink peignoirs from the early 1970's and the white peignoir she found me wearing one night. It would be nice to be able to wear them once again.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 02-11-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Silver Member
    Don't wear her nightgown (or any of her clothes). Wives do not like it when their husbands wear their clothes (without permission), it never ends well. Seriously. Ask the GGs here.

Short of sleeping in separate rooms, unlikely she will ever tolerate it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Reality Check
    Keep in mind that you will look nothing like the models in those photos. You will look like a dude wearing a woman's nightgown.

So let me tell you how I did it: My wife runs around the house in sack dresses. Nightshirts, perhaps. Dresses with little pigs or puppies on them. One day I asked her "How come you're always wearing those sack dresses?" She said "Because they are comfortable." I said "OK, I want one too." Surprisingly, a couple days later she came home and handed me two. Now I have several and they don't have little pigs on them.

I slowly moved up from that to dressing in front of her anytime I want but that's another story for another day.
    Krisi

My wife knew I wore panties and a bra under my clothes. One night she walked in front of me wearing a long silky night gown and I said that looks like is comfortable and feels good. She says it is and it does. I asked her if she had one that she doesn't wear that I could try wearing. She gave me a funny look and headed to the bedroom returning with a long PINK nightgown and said try this it is to big for me. We still have a few boundaries, she doesn't want to see me dressed in womens outer clothes is the only big one. I now lounge around mornings, even a and sleep in panties, bra and silky gowns or silky PJs. I buy my own now but still occasionally wear the pink gown she gave me years ago.

All that being said I would not "surprise" her. Just tell her that her nightgowns look comfortable and you would like to try one to see if you'd like to see how it felt to wear and sleep in. Good luck and keep us posted.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nite gowns r not comfortable to "waltz" around in unless u enjoy freezing!

And, when I try sleeping in them I invariably wake up tied in knots!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Don't assume you can just wear her clothes even if she doesn't wear it often (buy your own or ask permission). A frilly nightgown is a big jump, perhaps start with something simpler like a t-shirt nightgown or a half slip or sleep shorts, etc. Communication, talk about it with her that you want something different to wear to bed.

Well I listened to all your advise but decided to go for it anyway

First of all my sweet wife and I have never really had the talk. She has seen me put on her lingerie many times over the years and knows i like it but doesn't know the depth. She is somewhat in denial and almost any lingerie I have put on was stuff I bought her and she wore maybe once. She has made it clear that seeing me in lingerie does nothing for her and she has no interest in wearing it herself.

On to this morning, while she was still in bed I came twirling in showing off the pretty full sweep of the Olga Nightgown
    Olga-nightgown-NWT-NOS-sky-blue-rare-style.jpg

After much laughter, she said i was crazy ! I then climbed into bed and tried to get her to admit how nice the nylon felt and that maybe she should frilly nighties a new try. She once again made it clear she didn't like frilly girly things. She then asked me playfully the most direct question she ever has which was why hadn't I told her all these stories before about trying on girls clothes growing up. After about 15 mins she asked me to take off the nightie and told me she loved me but to please make sure no one we know finds out about my silly hobby !

Needless to say I won't be lounging around in any pretty nightgowns, when she is around ! Oh well !

You went against all the advice you ASKED for, then didn’t get the result you wanted. Shocker.

Aspiring Member
    I love all the nightgowns you posted photos of. I would be wearing a different nightgown every night if I owned the collection of gowns you posted. Sorry you did not get the result you wanted when you wore the Olga nightgown. I was out in the open to my wife until she decided she did not want me dressing anymore. So, back underground I went and have stayed. She knows I have a collection of clothing, heels, etc. It was a pure joy when I was able to dress in the open. But, those days are gone. Your wife does not want to see you dressed. You can either live with her decision or leave.

Robbie... I would recommend that in any DADT, you always ask permission before just doing. Thankfully she didn't get very upset with you, and hopefully that wasn't just nervous laughter on her part. AT least it got her talking to you about it somewhat, and you now have the open door...she said that she doesn't want anyone to find out so give it a week or two and then approach and ask her if you can wear one of her nightgowns that she doesn't like around the house ONLY. See where that takes you....
    Last edited by Maria in heels; 02-11-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Play it slow and you may meet with success, your wife was not repulsed by what you wore, you could be like her and wear less esoteric lingerie, get her to the point where she doesn't laugh at you and accepts what you wear without comment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.