Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to go from DADT into Lounging around in Frilly Nightgowns

Looks like you got something started hope it goes well for you and I gotta get me one

Unfortunately for us, laughter and teasing can be a part of what we have to go through to live and dress as we wish. It can hurt just as much as ridicule but if you don't venture forth and deal with it you'll gain NOTHING and that's worse than laughter or ridicule. Go for it !!!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    When my wife and I were first married she tried hard to be a part of my dressing and would let me wear a nightgown to bed occasionally. That only lasted until the first baby came along. A few years ago I told her I would like to get silk or satin PJ's since I loved the feel of the fabric and I would like to sleep in them. Since then I have exclusively worn Alexander Del Rossa ladies satin polyester PJ's and lounge around in them on a regular basis till mid morning when I am not working. I think it's a great compromise and I still get that girly feeling. My wife is just taking it in stride. When we have a sleepover movie night with our grandkids, 3 being girls 15 to 12, I do change into a T-shirt but leave the satin pants on. When they first asked me about it I simply said I like satin and they are very comfortable and make me feel rich. Now it's just a part of who I am to them.
    Last edited by Stephanie Julianna; 02-13-2019 at 08:54 AM.

In my relationship humor is the key. I am known for being quite funny and my wife really enjoys that about me. I wanted her to laugh when I came out and twirled and preened like I had seen ladies in the movies do. I believe humor helps to break the ice in all situations. My point was that i wanted to wear nighties because they are so soft and so fun and of course a bit naughty. So this way i never had to come straight out and say what i wanted and her reaction told me what I needed to know. I mean who wouldn't find it rather funny to see a manly man trying to imitate Grace kelly with the frilly nightie but no wig or makeup
    Grace.jpg

Try watching "The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel" with her. The actress and her mother wear those lovely nightgowns. They may get your wife wear them - how to want to see you in them is another matter.
    In Season 2, episode 2, there are some Parisian drag queens - maybe that would move discussions.
    They didn't with my wife.
    Hugs, Ellen

If a litle laughter and kidding is the worst that can happen go for it. If you have no idea what the treaction would be, forget it

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    I mean who wouldn't find it rather funny to see a manly man trying to imitate Grace kelly with the frilly nightie but no wig or makeup?
    Ummm, many if not most women would find this scenario horrifying in their partner.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetED View Post
    Try watching "The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel" with her. The actress and her mother wear those lovely nightgowns. They may get your wife wear them - how to want to see you in them is another matter.
    In Season 2, episode 2, there are some Parisian drag queens - maybe that would move discussions.
    They didn't with my wife.
    Hugs, Ellen
    Ed, Oddly enough we do watch the show ! And after my little performance the other morning my wife remarked to me that she bet I wish she would wear pretty Nightgowns like the ladies on the show do ? I responded " you bet " enthusiastically and she responded with a laugh " fat chance and you really need to get out of the 50s " !

maisel-nighgown.jpg
    Last edited by Robbiegirl; 02-14-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Since so many women now wear Pajamas to bed it seems harder to convince them that waltzing about in a nightie is way more comfortable

Who are you to determine what is more comfortable for a woman to wear? You post a lot of threads about what YOU prefer, but how does that translate into determining what others should do?

A classical example of male entitlement. YOU have fantasies and desires, and you feel that the woman in your life should acquiesce to your needs, regardless of HER needs, desires, or comfort levels.

If you try to force your needs on your S/O, you will NOT like the results. She is a person, not a convenient fetish dispenser. If you insist on pushing YOUR desires over HER objections, you will NOT "win her over" to your way of thinking, but instead, will drive her further away.

I know that this is not going to be received favourably by the community, but reality outweighs fantasy, in my opinion.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Thank s for your comments Jodie.

I agree I am an idiot ! I bought into the version of women that I saw on a daily basis on TV. Many of us came from a generation where men and women didn't live together before marriage so all we knew was the dating version of each other.

As the popular TV show Mrs Maisel show us even today, women seemed to love wearing pretty negligees. Thats what I thought i was getting ! I didn't think this was a fantasy I stupidly believed this was the reality.

Of course I want my wife to be happy and comfortable.

There was a guy on the radio who said he bought lingerie for his wife's valentine gift. She told him to take it back! No more lingerie for her.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    You went against all the advice you ASKED for, then didn’t get the result you wanted. Shocker.
    It's funny how often that happens.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post

>>SNIP<<
    When are people going to realize that women don't dig this thing of ours being shoved down their throats?

Thank you!

People, in general, feel that their own personal viewpoint is paramount, often forgetting that they share the planet with others. Others who may not agree with our own personal opinion and/or worldview.
    Where do we draw the line between what is good for "us" (general pronoun applied to various worldviews), and what others are comfortable with?
    I'm pretty sure that most of us have seen the viral video of the transwoman going apeshyte ballistic over being mis-gendered in a convenience store. Does anyone feel that she is a positive representative of the CD/Transgender community?

Sometimes, we have to accept that how we see ourselves is not going to be accepted by the rest of the world. Or should we just say "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead"?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Thank s for your comments Jodie.

I agree I am an idiot ! I bought into the version of women that I saw on a daily basis on TV. Many of us came from a generation where men and women didn't live together before marriage so all we knew was the dating version of each other.

As the popular TV show Mrs Maisel show us even today, women seemed to love wearing pretty negligees. Thats what I thought i was getting ! I didn't think this was a fantasy I stupidly believed this was the reality.

Of course I want my wife to be happy and comfortable.

Robbie, please don't think I'm trying to shame you, you like what you like and you want your wife to participate. That's fine, but don't push the limits too hard, you might not like the rebound.

As I read on another site, regarding dating issues: "No does not mean 'try harder'."
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Ummm, many if not most women would find this scenario horrifying in their partner.
    I always tended to date gals that appreciated my large sense of humor. Everyone of them enjoyed seeing a guy try to put on things like their lacy Bras, Undies and stockings. The key was making sure they felt I was doing it to entertain them and be playful. I left it up to them to determine in their minds how much I was enjoying the experiene

Im in a dadt relationship have been for 39 years hate it I dream of a time I can be myself around her but I don't think it will ever happen so good luck I hope you can get what I have always wanted

It may not be what you really want, but Carole Hochman sells comfortable nightgowns and robes. From XS to 3X.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 02-16-2019 at 11:00 PM.