Thread: Tonight's experiences ...

Tonight's experiences ...

So Saturday is usually when I doll up, but a social engagement prevented me from my usual full-on girl time.

So, up early (as usual) this morning and nowhere to go, I dolled up early in a full on vintage housedress with crinoline and all. Full face of make up a little later on after most of the housework was done, and relaxed most of the day.

On Sunday our son usually comes over and we have a nice dinner, and tonight we decided to have Indian food delivered. Overcome with a momentary lapse of caution, I answered to door. Blendable clothes? Oh no, full on vintage look that I delight in when my wife and I are relaxing at home.

The deliver guy is actually the owner of the establishment and has seen me at my door and in his restaurant several times in my man disguise. I am a gregarious person who normally stands out due to my friendliness and desire to engage in conversation and show appreciation, so he knew full well who I am. He paused in shock but for a mere moment, then smiled broadly. This wasn't a neutral smile, I am unsure if he was smiling out of unease, or smiling on the verge of staid laughter, but we conducted our transaction and off he went. No doubt he'll tell his wife (co-owner) all about it and it will be interesting to see her reaction to me next time I visit the establishment (in man disguise, no doubt). Never the less, rather than being filled with dread, I am a bit proud of myself for taking this small leap, at least. I know, I know, so many here have been through this and much much more, but what the hey, thought I'd share.

Post script: When himself arrived for dinner very shortly after, he was troubled about his station in life like so many hard working young people are. I'm very proud of who he is and told him all about how even though things are tough, I wasn't in better shape at the same age. I went on for a bit about my work experiences and life experiences and was able to compare and empathize with exactly the things he is going through. At the end of my ad hoc soliloquy I gestured broadly to myself and said "And that's how I became the man you see today!" (still in full fem, dress, make up, pearls and all).

He felt better, we laughed, and the food was excellent as usual.

Lovely story Macey. Good for you!

Macey pretty funny for sure! Nice that your son is onboard with this side of you and now also the owner of the Indian restaurant.
    To think I have always thought you to be the shy and unassuming type.
    Crissy

Thank you Abbie

Crissy, he's a good man (my son). Also, I suspect the restaurant owner is as well.

Macey, always leave a space so as we can laugh at ourselves. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes Beverley, YES!!!

Macey, great quip to your son's angst.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Macey,
    It's great that you are feeling so comfortable about being yourself and that your wife & son are good with that as well.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Macey....what a wonderful experience! You should be very proud of yourself and moving forward, you only have more and more new things to try and experience. Most importantly, your relationship with your son sounds perfect...its also wonderful that as a parent, you let him know about your troubles as you went thru the stages that he is currently experiencing and it sounds like you are supporting him 110% and letting him know, which is very important ... good going!